runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Death Star, Falcon, Yoda, Darth Vader seem to be the common theme.

I wonder if this bodes well for a virtual option being available though? Seems like all the merch was definitely made.

also...no spoilers but are we still calling him baby yoda?

EDIT: I wouldn’t be surprised if they tell us this or next week. It lines up with the timeframe.

EDIT #2: Or those the marathon and Star Wars Race Jacket? Another thing add Tie Fighters, and Stormtroopers to possible themes.

He does have a name....

Surferboy567

Was thinking about this while running...the themes that we suspect given the shopDisney shirts that went up today correspond to last year’s medals. Not saying this is what they will do but it’s worth noting.

10K- Leia and Stormtrooper

Half- Darth Vader and Yoda

Challenge- Tie Fighter & X-Wing

The only theme they didn’t put on the merch is probably the most exciting.

5K- Ashoka and Darth Maul

Is it possible they use last year’s designs on this year’s rival run? Or is this merch just left over from last year? Not saying the themes will be the same but it is worth noting.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot but this is basically the same year to year

Virtual Half Marathon- Probably Death Star (this year)

Kessel Run- Falcon

Surferboy567

Also tempted by some of the shirt and jacket designs but will probably hold off...as I want to get the rival run and kessel run challenge. If it in fact goes virtual, I also want to see what the actual race shirts look like as well.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Was thinking about this while running...the themes that we suspect given the shopDisney shirts that went up today correspond to last year’s medals. Not saying this is what they will do but it’s worth noting.

10K- Leia and Stormtrooper

Half- Darth Vader and Yoda

Challenge- Tie Fighter & X-Wing

The only theme they didn’t put on the merch is probably the most exciting.

5K- Ashoka and Darth Maul

Is it possible they use last year’s designs on this year’s rival run? Or is this merch just left over from last year? Not saying the themes will be the same but it is worth noting.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot but this is basically the same year to year

Virtual Half Marathon- Probably Death Star (this year)

Kessel Run- Falcon

Should still have race year on it.

Texas84

Here's the 2016 WDW jacket

Attachments

• IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 86

Surferboy567

Should still have race year on it.
I agree, but maybe with everything going on they didn’t print it on the Death Star jacket? Or maybe it’s just for the virtual half marathon and nothing to do with the actual rival run
Here's the 2016 WDW jacket
Sort of looks similar except for the colors, and the year printed on it. The Death Star one even has a phrase on the back.

Side Note: I also noticed how the jacket is 60 and not 99

LAKid53

Premium Member
I agree, but maybe with everything going on they didn’t print it on the Death Star jacket? Or maybe it’s just for the virtual half marathon and nothing to do with the actual rival run

Sort of looks similar except for the colors, and the year printed on it. The Death Star one even has a phrase on the back.

Side Note: I also noticed how the jacket is 60 and not 99

There's the official race weekend jackets you can pre-order and there's also other race themed jackets at the Expo. Believe those also have dates on them.

The official race weekend jackets has been $99 as far as I can remember.

I've got the pre-ordered jacked from every year, including the inaugural year.

Surferboy567

There's the official race weekend jackets you can pre-order and there's also other race themed jackets at the Expo. Believe those also have dates on them.

The official race weekend jackets has been $99 as far as I can remember.

I've got the pre-ordered jacked from every year, including the inaugural year.
Gotcha, so it’s likely for the virtual half or just something else all together.

Surferboy567

I really wonder when they will announce it’s virtual or not.

I know the standard was that 106 day window meaning December 30th. That wouldn’t work with the holidays or anything though.

I guess if they were planning to go ahead live they wouldn’t announce anything.

Rose&Crown

Late to the convo but ya that’s a ton of Star Wars stuff for sale on the site. Not a good sign but we all knew this was going virtual.

durangojim

I really hope they keep the Ahsoka/Maul 5k theme! Especially after the Clone Wars and Mandalorian shows, this is Ahsoka’s year!

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I really wonder when they will announce it’s virtual or not.

I know the standard was that 106 day window meaning December 30th. That wouldn’t work with the holidays or anything though.

I guess if they were planning to go ahead live they wouldn’t announce anything.

My Friend works at DRC and helps with runDisney travel agents and I was trying to get info out of him this week and he hasn't said anything. Granted, he's not allowed to but I'm usually the 1st person he notifies

Surferboy567

My Friend works at DRC and helps with runDisney travel agents and I was trying to get info out of him this week and he hasn't said anything. Granted, he's not allowed to but I'm usually the 1st person he notifies
I feel like something has to happen by the end of the year. I also hate to say it, and don’t intend to be negative for those who are planning on going but I think it will be virtual. Given the way things are going at the present moment. We obviously don’t know how things will be in April.

That is the one race weekend I have always wanted to do, if it’s virtual I’ll finally be able to participate but it isn’t good for the fans who really wanted to run this in person as well as runDisney as a whole.

OG Runner

I don't mean to insult or upset anyone, but for me a "virtual race" is training. I actually ran my first virtual race last Friday.
I usually run the Feaster Five, five miler on Thanksgiving. They offered a challenge of running both races, so I ran 8.27 miles on
Friday. I got a special challenge medal. (two medals that connected), and some swag. The fact of the matter though is I ran a
long run through my neighborhood, along a route I often take. My girlfriend met me at a few spots for water and it was enjoyable
but it really didn't feel like a race. I will be going to Disney in April of 2021, even if the race goes virtual for the vacation. I will
probably take the credit and apply it to the 2022 marathon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom