runDisney Star Wars Events

OG Runner

Sounds like marathon day this year (got up to 84F) when they cut the last three miles for half the field because so many people were passing out, and that was January, I’d hate to see what an unseasonably hot April day could get to!

I have my fingers crossed. I signed up for the Half today. This will be only the second Disney race I haven't run in January.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
As of 4:39 the rival run challenge is back in stock?
They shift and reallocate sometimes if one race or option is lopsided in sales (either merging into challenge bibs, or splitting challenge bibs into more individual race bibs). I’m guessing they had less demand for 10k-only bibs than anticipated and converted some individual 10k and half bibs into more challenge bibs

Edit: as of 5:15, Challenge is sold out again, but all the individual race and Kessell Run options are still in stock!

Last edited:

Surferboy567

They shift and reallocate sometimes if one race or option is lopsided in sales (either merging into challenge bibs, or splitting challenge bibs into more individual race bibs). I’m guessing they had less demand for 10k-only bibs than anticipated and converted some individual 10k and half bibs into more challenge bibs

Gotcha, didn’t know they do that. Thanks!

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Edit: as of 5:15, Challenge is sold out again, but all the individual race and Kessell Run options are still in stock!

I could see how a race organizer could split and reallocate bibs, because by doing so you aren’t changing overall capacity (crowd control) of the race, but can they really merge bibs? Because wouldn’t merging mean the capacity of one of the challenge races would be surpassed?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I could see how a race organizer could split and reallocate bibs, because by doing so you aren’t changing overall capacity (crowd control) of the race, but can they really merge bibs? Because wouldn’t merging mean the capacity of one of the challenge races would be surpassed?
By merging, I think they would take one individual bib out of both the 10k and half and create one challenge if that’s where the demand is and the math works out the same participant-wise.

Surferboy567

If I remember correctly and @LAKid53 can correct me - at the Marathon Expo? or Princess Expo?

Edited to add: they're typically the same time every year:
Marathon - 1st full weekend after New Years
Wine/Dine - 1st weekend after Halloween

Thanks! I’m just putting together a quick plan in the event I run in the 2022 Star Wars Rival Run. Need those dates to base everything off of. I’m leaning strongly toward Star Wars as we are massive fans but marathon also I think Star Wars may be the way to go though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If I remember correctly and @LAKid53 can correct me - at the Marathon Expo? or Princess Expo?

Edited to add: they're typically the same time every year:
Marathon - 1st full weekend after New Years
Wine/Dine - 1st weekend after Halloween
That is correct.

And the Disney Parks Blog will have an announcement with all the dates for the 2021-22 "season"

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks! I’m just putting together a quick plan in the event I run in the 2022 Star Wars Rival Run. Need those dates to base everything off of. I’m leaning strongly toward Star Wars as we are massive fans but marathon also I think Star Wars may be the way to go though.

SW weekend is mid-April, depending on when Easter falls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom