runDisney Star Wars Events

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Two different half medals? Interesting.
One’s for the virtual half, the other for the regular, both are spinners.

The 5k is the one that has me curious, I don’t know whether it is two sided or if they are giving you one or the other depending on whether you registered for light or dark side. I’m assuming it must be two sided because, why would they add that extra layer of confusion to the end of the race and end up with a ton of people that want the other one or both.

EDIT: Disney has released higher quality photos of the features of each medal on the Star Wars site (5k is two-sided by the way).

Last edited:

Chet Dakota

With the currency crowds at DHS staging for the 7am opening and beyond, I noticed that rD is avoiding DHS for the Half, and have modified the Full route to exit off of Sunset Blvd before Hollywood Blvd and the entrance gates, cheapening the run through DHS.

At this point, I don’t see any way that they can or will include Galaxy Edge into the Star Wars Rival Run routes.

RunningKoen

With the currency crowds at DHS staging for the 7am opening and beyond, I noticed that rD is avoiding DHS for the Half, and have modified the Full route to exit off of Sunset Blvd before Hollywood Blvd and the entrance gates, cheapening the run through DHS.

At this point, I don’t see any way that they can or will include Galaxy Edge into the Star Wars Rival Run routes.

This very small part inside DHS was happening at Wine and Dine aswell, if I recall correctly.

HiJe

Have the course maps been released? I can't seem to find them online. Specifically looking for the 10K.

Or are we just assuming that the Marathon course will be the same for the Star Wars run?

Figment82

Have the course maps been released? I can't seem to find them online. Specifically looking for the 10K.

Or are we just assuming that the Marathon course will be the same for the Star Wars run?
Typically W&D/SW use the same course, and Marathon weekend/Princess use the same course, so I would imagine something similar to the modified W&D courses from last November. It’d be great to go through Galaxy’s Edge, especially to make it special for the 5th year, but I can definitely understand why they would try to avoid DHS as much as possible.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The half finally sold out, challenge slots still remain.
B62474BC-55B0-4857-B466-6B0077021F7A.png

durangojim

This is our first time doing a Star Wars race and we're so excited! My wife and I will be doing the 5K this year and I was wondering if it mattered which side we chose? I read through this thread but could never really find the answer. We did the regular 10K back in 2015 and had a great time and are planning on doing the wine and dine half this year too in an effort to become more fit this year.

HiJe

This is our first time doing a Star Wars race and we're so excited! My wife and I will be doing the 5K this year and I was wondering if it mattered which side we chose? I read through this thread but could never really find the answer. We did the regular 10K back in 2015 and had a great time and are planning on doing the wine and dine half this year too in an effort to become more fit this year.

Last year, the only difference between the sides was the bib design. I would assume it's the same for this year.

OG Runner

I actually have a serious question. When does registration for these races usually open? I ran the Marathon in January and my girlfriend actually said she would be interested in doing the Star Wars Half next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom