runDisney merch!

Ariel484

Original Poster
I know people were hoping that runDisney would put their logo on a shirt a few months back...wish granted!

http://www.disneystore.com/mn/1000855/?CMP=Parks&att=RDQ411SITE

On their Facebook page they also have vinyl decals (for cars maybe?), shorts and a men's hat...maybe this stuff is only available in the parks (Team Mickey, ESPN WWoS, etc.)? :shrug:

I want a shirt but am a bit hesitant because 1. $30 is pretty steep and 2. I remember reading online that the "In training for the WDW Marathon/Half Marathon" shirts ran pretty small, enough to where people were reviewing the shirts at 2.5/5 stars purely due to the sizing. So I wonder if these shirts have the same issue as well? :shrug:

Ariel484

Original Poster
Those are kinda cool. Almost wish they had them for the individual races instead of so generic.

Agreed. While I like the shirts, I've disappointed that they don't have the "In training for..." for each of the races anymore, and I've always thought it would be cool if they had a sticker/magnet that is Mickey head-shaped with a "26.2" or "13.1" printed on it (maybe they do have these at the expos and I just haven't seen them?). :shrug: I do think it's tricky that they have the year on the shirts and hats so that they can sell more year after year.

dreamfinder

Agreed. While I like the shirts, I've disappointed that they don't have the "In training for..." for each of the races anymore, and I've always thought it would be cool if they had a sticker/magnet that is Mickey head-shaped with a "26.2" or "13.1" printed on it (maybe they do have these at the expos and I just haven't seen them?). :shrug: I do think it's tricky that they have the year on the shirts and hats so that they can sell more year after year.

Someone does make those mickey head stickers with the 13.1/26.2 in them. Not sure who does or where to find them, eBay maybe? But I have seen them on people cars, and actually just saw one of the 26.2 ones the other day.

tink65

I've been looking at the 2011 runDisney shirt online but waiting on a free shipping offer. $34.95 plus tax & shipping is alot of $!

Ariel484

Original Poster
Someone does make those mickey head stickers with the 13.1/26.2 in them. Not sure who does or where to find them, eBay maybe? But I have seen them on people cars, and actually just saw one of the 26.2 ones the other day.

Ooh, ooh! Thanks! I know what I'm doing over my lunch hour! :D

I've been looking at the 2011 runDisney shirt online but waiting on a free shipping offer. $34.95 plus tax & shipping is alot of $!

Same here on the free shipping! I want the shirt and hat...2 magnets would have rounded it up to $75 nicely, but alas...:cry:

Ariel484

Original Poster
I fully acknowledge that I am paying way too much attention to this...:wave:

The decal is sold out again.
The women's hat has been sold out for a few days.
The magnet still not available :(

JillC LI

Ariel484

Original Poster
Darn darn darn! I just got on this web site for the first time today and saw this post, and now it is out of stock again! Did you get one in time? I hope so. If you notice them back in stock, any chance you'd mind PM'ing me?

Well, I DID order 2 of them...then I checked my email this morning and got this:

We are sorry to inform you that the following
merchandise was not available at the time your order
was filled. You have not been billed for these
items. We apologize for any inconvenience
or disappointment this may cause.

Um...okay, then WHY did you put it up on the website?! :rolleyes: :mad: I'm extra annoyed that the email didn't contain something like "we'll be sure to let you know when this item comes back in stock."

So yeah, I'll still be checking (no magnets as of this morning) and will be sure to PM you. :wave:

dreamfinder

The Disney Store website is terrible with stuff like that. Even more so for limited edition merchandise that they sell. Several of the limited Vinylmation releases, they have oversold, sent people the wrong item, sent people broken items, or just plain never had it in the first place. And then a few months after the fact, it magically shows back up for sale long after lots of people have paid eBay prices for it. They will show up, it just takes them a bit to get new product quantities figured out.

JillC LI

Um...okay, then WHY did you put it up on the website?! :rolleyes: :mad: I'm extra annoyed that the email didn't contain something like "we'll be sure to let you know when this item comes back in stock."

So yeah, I'll still be checking (no magnets as of this morning) and will be sure to PM you. :wave:

Bummer! And thanks! :wave:

Ariel484

Original Poster
The Disney Store website is terrible with stuff like that. Even more so for limited edition merchandise that they sell. Several of the limited Vinylmation releases, they have oversold, sent people the wrong item, sent people broken items, or just plain never had it in the first place. And then a few months after the fact, it magically shows back up for sale long after lots of people have paid eBay prices for it. They will show up, it just takes them a bit to get new product quantities figured out.

Annoying! Surely they have analysts to figure that stuff out??

Bummer! And thanks! :wave:

Well, here's the weird thing. I sent them an email on the 19th saying that I was disappointed at what happened, please let me know when the new magnets come in, etc. Then later that day I got an email letting me know that the magnets have shipped along with a tracking number. :shrug: The next day customer service responded to my complaint saying that it had indeed shipped. Here is a quote from the email: "After receiving the sold out notification in regard to the RunDisney Mickey Mouse Magnet, more become available and we were able to rekindle the Magic and ship your order." I actually snorted at the "rekindle the Magic" line...:lol: I'm glad it worked out (you know, assuming that it actually IS delivered to me), but still, they need to get it together over there! Anyhoo, I don't currently see them online...I hope they get them back in stock for you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom