rumors about Alien Encounter

imagineersrock

disney should definently leave this one alone... if you must incorporate stitch; then do it only in the preshow area, that would be ok i suppose, but if they're going to do anything to the main part of the attraction; make it even scarier, not tamer!!!

-they really need to keep a few attractions in the park for the older kids in the family!

WDW David

Banned
It will be changing to a Stitch ride sometime in 2004.

Personally I think its fine just the way it is, it gives me a thrill everytime I ride it.

no2apprentice

For those who missed it, this is what Steve posted under "News and Rumors" on the main site:

-----------------------------------------------------------
8 January 2002: Alien Encounter/Stitch rehab

Further to the 16 September 2002 update below, it is now almost 100% certain that the Stitch makeover will happen over at Alien Encounter. As plans stand, Alien Encounter will close February 2004, and will reopen in October 2004 with the new Stitch storyline. A budget of around $10 million is being used to rework the attraction, including the creation of Stitch Audio Animatronics beginning this summer at WDI. As always, this is not officially released information, and may be subject to change.
-----------------------------------------------------------

$10 million is quite a budget for a ride that's going to change "not that much."

Of course, plans and budgets can change (especially at Disney), but it doesn't look like Corrus wants to share any further information.

freaklarm

I say,"Bring Stitch to AE". This ride is not scary anymore after being there many many many times and it need a new life. With Stitch in it probably it wont be scary but I'm sure it will be really fun and thats enough for me.

Shaman

I think they should take Stitch and put him over at Time Keeper, get rid of TK and make that building into a laboratory where the so called "experiment 626" resides. They could make it a scaled down AE for the kids and add more characters of the movie to the attraction.
AE should change a bit to make for a more scarier experience. With Buzz, and a possible Stitch take over of AE, you would only make TomorrowLand into a futuristic version of Fantasyland; in my opinion if people are going to compare the queue lines compare AE and Buzz to Time Keeper. I mean Time Keeper is a real nice attraction (but it lacks something very crucial....SEATS!!!!). Just some thoughts.:brick:

T1nker_Bell

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
Well, there is a factor. Buzz Lightyear loads very slowly. That's why it has a fastpass and very long lines. Alien Encounted loads more quickly. That's why they don't have a fastpass and somtimes short lines. I have never ever seen AE with short lines. The longest wait is about 20 minuits. Because they usher lots of people into a room. Buzz just lets people in cars one by one. I know Magic Kingdom is for the family, but hello! what about the thrill thirstey teens? We need somthing for them too!

I must disagree about the waiting time. I waited about 45 minutes to get on Alien Encounter and after riding realized how much the wait wasn't worth it.

WDWSwashbuckler

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I disagree. Alien Encounter is fine the way it is. I wouldn't mind a few up dates to it, but Stitch is a no no. You can't make all of the rides in The Magic Kingdom based on Disney characters. Some things need to come strait from the imagination. Besides, do you know how mad George Lucas might get? He helped on Captain Eo which went down the drain soon enough. He helped on Star Tours which will probably get an up-date soon. And now Alien Encounter. He helped with the story of the attraction and everything! Imagine this, you write a story strait from your imagination. You think the story is the coolest thing, but someone comes along and says, "I think Barney would be better for your story. Replace this character with Barney, and it will be so much better. You put Barney in it, and your story absolutly stinks. See what I mean?

I don't think Lucas would care at all!! The guy has enough fortune and fame that I don't think he gives a crap about anything anymore... not even Star Wars movies, which was quite evident in Attack of the Clones...

Shaman

Originally posted by dadisneynutter
I don't think Lucas would care at all!! The guy has enough fortune and fame that I don't think he gives a crap about anything anymore... not even Star Wars movies, which was quite evident in Attack of the Clones...

Perhaps Lucas doesn't want to be associated with the ride anylonger, and that is why Disney is going change the ride to include Stitch. And I do think he still cares about Star Wars movies, the only problem is he is so obsessed with the technology aspect of movie making that he fails to see that some of the acting sucks. Looking at the movie itself it seems Lucas or someone else forces the actors to read the lines verbatim and doesn't allow them to use their own words where the dialogue seems a little stiff. In my opinion if they want to make the lines so poetic they should have gotten better actors (but hey they have to get actors which look like the future siblings from the first trilogy). Before we get back to the thread, I just like to say the I hope that EP. III is much better when it comes to acting.
Quite frankly whether or not George Lucas is or is not associated from AE, the ride is ok and needs only a few changes...not a Stitch invasion. Just my opinion.:hammer:

AddyL

I just can't see how Stitch would fit into the AE storyline. You can't put him in the preshow...people would be really upset to see him get crispy-crittered like poor Skippy! If you were to work him in at all, he'd have to be a good guy who ends up saving you from bad ol' Mr. Alien. That would be bizzare.

On the other hand, I think a Stitch attraction would be a good idea. Stitch is obviously very popular...the line to meet him and Lilo at AK was consistently the longest line for a character encounter...longer even than the line to meet Mickey on main street! Just don't change Alien encounters too much...it's one of my favorites!

T1nker_Bell

Original Poster
i whole heartedly support a stich attraction to replace Alien Encounter. I absolutely loathe AE. I find it odd, bizzarre, disturbing, and icky. AE is not in the spirit of Disney World. Although I did not find it scary, I did find it to be disconcerting and downright wrong, especially for Disney World. I plan to never ride it again.

Shaman

Originally posted by T1nker_Bell
i whole heartedly support a stich attraction to replace Alien Encounter. I absolutely loathe AE. I find it odd, bizzarre, disturbing, and icky. AE is not in the spirit of Disney World. Although I did not find it scary, I did find it to be disconcerting and downright wrong, especially for Disney World. I plan to never ride it again.

I think that there are more people out there which like the ride idea the way it is, than those who don't. If someone out there doesn't like it then they don't have to ride it. Besides if AE is not in the spirit of Disney World, then you would have to get rid of Dinosaur, Indi (over at Disneyland), RocknRollercoaster, ToT and many other non-kiddie rides. Disney always sought to entertain the family, and while this ride is not for all kids...some like this ride. AE will appeal to teenagers and to most adults. Stick Stitch where Time Keeper is now. Personally, AE is one of the rides on my current top ten list of Disney rides (don't actually have a list...but you know). Once again its just my opinion.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by objr
I think that there are more people out there which like the ride idea the way it is, than those who don't. If someone out there doesn't like it then they don't have to ride it. Besides if AE is not in the spirit of Disney World, then you would have to get rid of Dinosaur, Indi (over at Disneyland), RocknRollercoaster, ToT and many other non-kiddie rides. Disney always sought to entertain the family, and while this ride is not for all kids...some like this ride. AE will appeal to teenagers and to most adults. Stick Stitch where Time Keeper is now. Personally, AE is one of the rides on my current top ten list of Disney rides (don't actually have a list...but you know). Once again its just my opinion.

Very well said. AE is definately in the spirit of Disney. It tells a great story, uses great effects, and is really just great fun. Sury it MIGHT be a little scary the first time but from then on out it puts nothing but a smile on my face. Trust me most people leave this attraction smiling and laughing. Again this is a top 5 attraction for me. But I also like The Timekeeper. Robin Williams at his best. Why cant they work a Stitch attraction into the Animal Kingdom? Kill two birds with one stone. Give AK a good new attendence booster and get Stitch on property.

TURKEY

Originally posted by T1nker_Bell

What's so wrong with it? It's not a ride that everyone loves? You don't like it so it's wrong? What's the spirit of Disney World?

If they get rid of this, then they better get rid of Pleasure Island.
It's disturbing seeing some of the stuff I've seen and experienced there.

I absolutely loathe Buzz Lightyear. It preaches violence to children which the ride is targeted to. :rolleyes: (READ SARCASIM HERE).

Seriously again, not everything is for every single person. If you don't like it, don't go. If everyone in the world like the exact same thing, it would be a very boring place.

meanmice

I am not thrilled about the idea to put stitch into AE. I love most Disney animated films, but this was one of the few that I didn't like. I found it boring and almost annoying. I enjoy AE. I know that I am a big kid, but someday I will have children of my own and I admit that it would not be something that I would take them on right away, but that doesn't mean that I can't have a little fun on it. Walt Disney wanted a park that appealed to kids of all ages and I think that that is what AE is, a ride to apeal to big kids

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom