Rumor?

WeLComeHomE OKW

i love this website because so many ppl welcome new members with such kind words and heartwarming statements.

ahh, wdwmagic...where all your disney dreams get crushed. :animwink:

just kidding, welcome to the boards and even though some ppl have some not nice thigns to say, listen to them anyway.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some of you really need to grow up and learn to act like a considerate human being. This is a new member, who has a legitimate question. Why do people have to reply with sarcasm, and other stupid comments? If this topic troubles some of you so much, why dont you just leave it alone? Or alternatively, you can reply in sensible way, and just say "This topic has been discussed many times before, and the general feeling is that this rumor has never really had any great substance to it, and with recent comments by Bob Iger, is as good as dead. If you want some more information, have a look through the forum, there are lots of previous posts on the subject."

Apologies to nicolita3, 99% of the members here are capable of replying in a freindly and helpful way, its just a small percentage who seem incapable of it. Welcome to WDWMAGIC :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
From what I know...

This idea had more validity back when other folks were in charge of WDI and the creative processes. At one point, there was a movement toward experimentation with darker subjects. One idea tossed around and played with was a ride's storyline ending in "death" rather than a happy ending. This was a slightly macabre artistic period, but it has passed. You can see some effects of this in some projects, an almost sterile clinical and technical coldness came from it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
mousermerf said:
From what I know...

This idea had more validity back when other folks were in charge of WDI and the creative processes. At one point, there was a movement toward experimentation with darker subjects. One idea tossed around and played with was a ride's storyline ending in "death" rather than a happy ending. This was a slightly macabre artistic period, but it has passed. You can see some effects of this in some projects, an almost sterile clinical and technical coldness came from it.

Yep and a lot of the basis of this rumor came around the time when Fantasmic was unveiled. The heavy emphasis of the villains made people take notice that Disney were keen to extend the villains into the mainstream. Then of course we had shops like "Villains in Vogue" appearing in Sunset Blvd, which then seemed to reinforce the villains concept even more. While we are on the subejct of Villains in Vogue, what has happened to that shop recently? The vast majority of the Villains merchandise has gone, it has really lost its focus.

DisneyWales

time

I feel this is something that will come with time.

But at the curent point WDW just doesnt really need it. There are two parks on site which could use ALOT of development to make them as high standard as the orginal two.

Im very happy with Bob Igers current plan to expand whats there. Lets all be honest EE is a great addition, but AK is still a few E-Tickets, and dining options shy of a full day out, plus i feel a variation to the whole forest theme would help break the place up a litle but thats just my opinion.

Plus theres so much potential for development in Studios, while it is a full day (mainly due to the number of shows) There (again IMHO) needs to be more return value added. As much as ToT is my Fav ride in all WDW, i usually leave after a drop on the tower and a spin on RnR.

These two parks just need more variation added, as once you have seen the shows theres not a great deal to make you want to see them again, and again, and again.

Anyway what i think im saying is, when they run out of land for teh four orginal parks then that will be the time to think about adding a fith gate. From what i read somwhere there is space for seven parks in total, and there are intentions to build all seven, but that may take them another hundred years. WDW was purchased to set WDI up for life so they would have the space to build for a long time to come. Not rush to fill it all in 50 years.

Chape19714

I think the idea could eventially re-surface as a land or something of that manor. However, a full theme park seems unlikely at this point. As mentioned by Steve, Iger has mentioned there are no plans whatsoever for a new WDW park.

JEDIsney

wdwmagic said:
Yep and a lot of the basis of this rumor came around the time when Fantasmic was unveiled. The heavy emphasis of the villains made people take notice that Disney were keen to extend the villains into the mainstream. Then of course we had shops like "Villains in Vogue" appearing in Sunset Blvd, which then seemed to reinforce the villains concept even more. While we are on the subejct of Villains in Vogue, what has happened to that shop recently? The vast majority of the Villains merchandise has gone, it has really lost its focus.

That's what I was thinking about. After Fantasmic!, the villain theme really started to make its ground. I was also thinking about Villains in Vogue, which was a great place to go to if you liked the whole villain concept. I agree that the shop has lost its popularity over the years, and I'm not sure why. I visit it every year, and each time it does seem that it loses its focus. It's a shame.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
JEDIsney said:
I agree that the shop has lost its popularity over the years, and I'm not sure why. I visit it every year, and each time it does seem that it loses its focus. It's a shame.

Do you think its the shop losing popularity, or the merchandise people not putting the right merchandise in the shop? I'm going for the later.

ThunderLover25

TiggerRPh said:
Welcome....there's absolutely no truth to this rumor. In fact it's been rumored for a long time. Bob Iger has basically said that there aren't any plans for a new park in the US at this time.
Yes, you are sorta right from what I know. Disney is not going to build another park but, at Disney's Animal Kingdom they are all ready starting on a new area for rollercoasters because Disney is trying to keep up with Universel Studios. But there has been sayings that Disney will build another park in the future but I know what its theme is.

Who argrees with me that they should refurbish Space Mountain and put in some new effects.:wave:

JEDIsney

wdwmagic said:
Do you think its the shop losing popularity, or the merchandise people not putting the right merchandise in the shop? I'm going for the later.

I agree with you that it was the merchandise people not putting the right merchandise in the shop, but I think that because they didn't do that is the reason behind why the shop lost popularity.

JROK

What's funny is that Universal Studios has a similar rumor that's been around for years and years... The plot of land next to IOA is rumored to be the next park, whether it's a new park or Wet'N'Wild's new location... but the rumor goes that Universal wants to build a park for a permanent Halloween Horror Nights location and also to have the park revolve around the classic Universal Horror Monsters that made the studio so popular... Such lands would include Frankenstein's lair, Dracula's castle and many more... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN :brick: Maybe these rumors came out around the same time...

Tim G

jedimaster1227 said:
:lol: :lol: I will keep my mouth shut on this one too, because you guys don't wanna get me started on information about the "5th Gate" :lol: :lol:
OR.... (put up another oldie here Beastly Kingdom... for that matter... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom