Rumor!!!

steener618

Original Poster
This is completely a rumor, but a good one. My bro is currently a cp at DHS and had heard his managers discussing that Disney may attempt to buy the rights to the real Grauman's Chinese Theater, so that they may take down the Sorcerers Hat to get GMR into view again. What do you think? I have a feeling that it may never happen, but you never know.

The Theatre has been a money Pit for the last few owners, I doubt Disney wants any part of the place. And the Theatre has lost alot of prominance in the last few decades as Thee spot for a movie premiere. And , its really not an attractive building, just Old Time movie nestalgic.

Fun2BFree

Sounds like a lot of money to spend for the sake of removing a Hat.

We should start a fund and buy Grauman's ourselves so we can restore Hollywood Boulevard! :lookaroun

chris chris

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::fork:

steener618

Original Poster
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::fork:

Im taking it that your a fan of the hat...

steener618

Original Poster
Let's do it! :lookaroun

Why not? If Disney will spend money to turn Alien into Stitch's Great Escape, to turn the castle into a birthday cake, to put a wand on SSE, reimage Journey into Imagination, or build a Sorcerers Hat in front of GMR...then ripping down this hat should be no problem :lookaroun

Captain Hank

There is no legal reason for the hat. It was put there as a new park symbol.
Partially true. The Great Movie Ride has never been the symbol of Disney-MGM/Disney's Hollywood Studios--it was the Earful Tower. However, the Tower was not visible in 80-90% of the park's guest areas, thus, many guests considered GMR to the park's centerpiece and icon. When ownership of the Chinese Theater changed hands, the new owners felt that the GMR's status as a pseudo-icon warrented much higher licensing fees than Disney was willing to pay. Thus, the Hat--a definitive, visible park icon (that just happened to be directly in front of the GMR :drevil: ) was born.

Regarding Hat vs. No Hat, I don't necessarily hate the Hat in the same way that I loathed the Epcot wand. Given the choice between Hat and No Hat, there's no question: No Hat. However, I guess I can live with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom