Rumor: World Showcase 2007

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So, first off, as said before - Ya Ya the Cookie Lady, ROCKS!

cap0011oh.jpg

However, she's in Brazil, so no ride for her. Foo.

So, we actually goto Mexico...

cap0020py.jpg

Where we meet a rooster...

cap0034ay.jpg

Who is a gun slinger..

cap0048ef.jpg

I could just see the board meeting with Eisner's people approving that one...

(More to come!)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This would make an awesome showpiece in a ride:

cap0057hq.jpg

However, it's during the song, whose lyrics are.. "We're 3 cabelleros.. 3 gay cabelleros..." which while understandable, would not be acceptable in the modern age. Sigh.

Then again.. as you'll see from these posts, they may have meant it "that way" *shrug*

In the meantime - it's a small world!

These kids are doing a christmas tradition - but do you notice the resemblence?

cap0073xm.jpg

One common theme in the movie is to fly around on the magic.. umm.. poncho..

cap0085kw.jpg

The idea of the movie is that they're 3 "wolves" on the prowl for ladies. They actually use that terminology. It gets worse.. but here's a screengrab of them dive-bombing beauties on the beach until then.

cap0091vh.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Warning:

This post contains man-bird love!

Apparently Donald has a thing for masculine stereotype bird from Brazil.

cap0105gj.jpg

The best part being, sure he's making a mistake/confused, but they draw it out for good long time...

cap0110ft.jpg

That "Disney" moment aside - we're back to flying around on the "magic poncho" past photos in books that come to life. Pretty nifty concept for visuals in a ride methinks.

cap0122ky.jpg

But this giant floating singing head was just.. Wow..

cap0155uk.jpg

Image the ride if that was in it? It sings a slow love song..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Creepy head (who sings beautifully BTW) leads to this..

cap0160mh.jpg

No comment.. just no comment.

But you think that's all? Noo...

cap0171fp.jpg

A male voice whispers monotone "Purty girls.. purty girls.. purty girls.. purty girls.." over that image. *shivers*

Thankfully, there is suddenly much dancing!

cap0186mp.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
More dancing! Whoo!

cap0195tg.jpg

Then again.. Remember Donald's male bird friend? It's during this song he proceeds to shove sticks of dynamite up Donald's butt!

cap0212gt.jpg

And Donald rides the bull...

cap0226yx.jpg

That being taken care of (I guess that counts as a resolution of their desire for one another or something.. the closest thing to a plot in the film) we see Fireworks for the ending - just like the ride!

cap0230zy.jpg

So, there you have it - what do you think of the idea of the makeover now?

dxwwf3

Again, even if this rumor comes true, I HIGHLY doubt that they will use much (if anything) from the film itself. I could see using the characters and sort of having them as the backdrop to your journey through Mexico where they take you on a tour of various states like Oaxaca or Puebla.

Since so much of Mexico's economy is dependent on tourism, I'm sure if their government has any say, any changes to the pavilion will still focus on trying to get people to go to their country. That's basically what El Rio did for it's time, IMO. I don't know if Mexico has any say in the sponsorship of the pavilion or not, I just assumed that they pay some money. I could be completely wrong and Disney can do whatever they want with the pavilion without Mexican aid.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I agree.. maybe the flying around on a magic poncho thing and the books idea.. but most of it is useless in terms of a ride.

Plus, wouldn't they need to sell the DVD at the store if the ride is based on it? Thus - putting it in the hands of tourists who might as well find what i found?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom