Rumor: Stay On Property - Get Cheap Stuff

RWilliams

Premium Member
Is this for discount for annual passholders only? We will be there during this time and would like to take advantage of it, if possible?

The discounted room rate and 35% off merchandise is for annual passholders only.

It's not at the theme parks only, it's just poor exclusionary wording in the terms. Unless you have seen something I haven't, it's valid on the exact same products at the 40% off (and there aren't many exclusions).

The 50% cast member discount through Nov. 16th is only at the parks. I made the mistake of going to World of Disney to do some Christmas shopping and the discount was 40%, yet when I made a purchase at the Studios it was 50%.

"50% Merchandise Discount at Disney Theme Park owned and operated locations until November 16"

"50% discount - Sunday, October 26 - Sunday, November 16, 2008 (only at Theme Parks; offer not valid at Downtown Disney® Area, Resort or Off-site locations)"

XSTech

Actually, the 35% off discount is for annual passholders or Florida residents who take advantage of the $49/night value resort deal. To receive the discount, you must show your AP or Florida ID as well as your room key.

Here's the fine print from the email that was sent by Disney, with the important points bolded:

The number of rooms available at this rate is limited. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Proof of valid adult Passholder ID required at check-in. Offer is nontransferable.

Valid during your entire stay for arrivals November 2–November 8 and November 16–November 22, 2008. Eligible Florida Residents and Passholders will receive a 35% discount on selected merchandise purchases (subject to certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations including, but not limited to, quantity restrictions) made in participating Theme Park, Water Park, Disney's Wide World of Sports® Complex, Resort hotel and Downtown Disney® area merchandise locations. This discount is NOT available at certain merchandise locations, including, but not limited to, The Disney Store, Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel,Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Downtown Disney ® area hotels, Shades of Green, LEGO Imagination Center, Rainforest Café® (both locations), Rawlings, Rubio, Balloon Arts, Sammy Duvall Curl, Virgin™ Megastore, and at the following Epcot® World Showcase Pavilions: China, Morocco and Japan. Not valid with any other offer, discount, promotion or coupon.

If you have any questions as to whether a location is honoring the Special Discount on merchandise, please ask before purchasing the merchandise.

General Provisions
To receive a Special Discount on Merchandise: Florida Residents and Passholders must present a current valid Florida Drivers License OR a Passholder ID and their Key to the World Resort card to receive the merchandise discount. Merchandise must be paid for with cash or credit cards and/or travelers' checks that include the name of the Guest specified on the Key to the World Resort card. DISCOUNT ON MERCHANDISE APPLIES ONLY TO MERCHANDISE THAT IS IN STOCK. THERE WILL BE NO “HOLDS” ON MERCHANDISE.

Additional Information
This discount on merchandise is only available on selected merchandise and is subject to certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations including, but not limited to, quantity restrictions. This discount on merchandise will not apply on certain merchandise, including, but not limited to, the merchandise listed below: Disney ticket media, special orders, Disney Dollars, newspapers, periodicals, tobacco, alcohol, in-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, pantry/prepared food, all Titleist and Cobra golf equipment, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV, etc.), Disney Gift Cards, all digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, personalization, consumer electronics (e.g., Disney Mix Clip, CD players, TVs, DVD players, Disney Mix Stick, boom boxes, CD/karaoke machines, karaoke players), all DVDs and CDs, all Imaging and PhotoPass® onsite product, including Resort portraiture, national brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics standard.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
"After the love has gone" a tragic tale of fading love for a declining theme park, set against a back drop of global economic uncertainty, and reduced choice at food outlets.

Filmed in Swahili with subtitles.

dr_teeth90210

"After the love has gone" a tragic tale of fading love for a declining theme park, set against a back drop of global economic uncertainty, and reduced choice at food outlets.

Filmed in Swahili with subtitles.

They're making another sequel to "The God's Must Be Crazy"!?!?!?

Oh Goodie!!!

WDWFigment

The discounted room rate and 35% off merchandise is for annual passholders only.

The 50% cast member discount through Nov. 16th is only at the parks. I made the mistake of going to World of Disney to do some Christmas shopping and the discount was 40%, yet when I made a purchase at the Studios it was 50%.

"50% Merchandise Discount at Disney Theme Park owned and operated locations until November 16"

"50% discount - Sunday, October 26 - Sunday, November 16, 2008 (only at Theme Parks; offer not valid at Downtown Disney® Area, Resort or Off-site locations)"

I'm an idiot, you're right. I reread the exclusions, which say "...Downtown Disney, resort hotels..." I didn't see the comma between the two, I thought it was saying "Downtown Disney resort hotels", meaning those non-Disney hotels in the DtD area. Thanks, good call!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom