(RUMOR) Rivers Of Light to end in 2020 replaced with new show featuring Disney characters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Jiminy Cricket wants to take us through different Disney wishes and dreams. He gets in over his head when encountering the Evil Queen and the Blue Fairy bails him out.
A Main Character, a narrative, a Conflict and Resolution.

Wow. That's a very creative interpretation of the script. Right before the Evil Queen shows up, Jiminy says:

Uh oh, now don’t worry. Just remember, always let your conscience be your guide.​
(Echoing)
Let your conscience be your guide…​

Now, just how did Jiminy get in over his head? And if it's him in trouble, why is he telling us, the audience, to let our conscience be our guide? And just what is the nature of Jiminy's conflict with the Evil Queen? The Evil Queen says:

Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space.
Through wind and darkness, I summon thee.
Let me see thy face!​
A blast of wind, to fan my hate.
A thunderbolt, to cast my spell.
Alas, grant me my wish as well!​

And what was her wish? And how did it affect Jiminy? After the Night on Bald Mountain music is over (which doesn't advance the plot at all... what exactly is happening?), Jiminy says:
Ya know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you’ll get yourself in an awful mess. But just when things look bad, fate steps in to see you through. Well I’ll be—it’s the Blue Fairy!​

Again, he's talking to the audience and not even referencing any sort of adversity he had with the Evil Queen.

Sorry, there is zero story here by your definition of story.

Kman101

Skimming through TV Tropes articles is not a story.

Happily Ever After has no main character, no narrative, and no conflict or resolution. It's just Tom Kane doing a Morgan Freeman impression and showing you a bulleted list of "I Want Songs", "Wacky Sidekicks", "True Love", and "Fighting the Big Bad".

Why do you need a main character? There is narrative, conflict and resolution. You're seeing what you want to see, with all due respect. You prefer Wishes. No harm in that. Just don't make HEA to be something it isn't.

Kman101

Wow. That's a very creative interpretation of the script. Right before the Evil Queen shows up, Jiminy says:

Uh oh, now don’t worry. Just remember, always let your conscience be your guide.​
(Echoing)

Now, just how did Jiminy get in over his head? And if it's him in trouble, why is he telling us, the audience, to let our conscience be our guide? And just what is the nature of Jiminy's conflict with the Evil Queen? The Evil Queen says:

Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space.​
Through wind and darkness, I summon thee.​
Let me see thy face!​
A blast of wind, to fan my hate.​
A thunderbolt, to cast my spell.​
Alas, grant me my wish as well!​

And what was her wish? And how did it affect Jiminy? After the Night on Bald Mountain music is over (which doesn't advance the plot at all... what exactly is happening?), Jiminy says:
Ya know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you’ll get yourself in an awful mess. But just when things look bad, fate steps in to see you through. Well I’ll be—it’s the Blue Fairy!​

Again, he's talking to the audience and not even referencing any sort of adversity he had with the Evil Queen.

Sorry, there is zero story here by your definition of story.

All someone has to do is say "I preferred Wishes" and leave it at that, LOL

FigmentJedi

Why do you need a main character? There is narrative, conflict and resolution. You're seeing what you want to see, with all due respect. You prefer Wishes. No harm in that. Just don't make HEA to be something it isn't.
I never said I prefer Wishes. I'm just saying it has something resembling more of a story then Happily Ever After. Does Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration have a story? No, it's a supercut of all the films set to fireworks that incidentally is also narrated by Tom Kane. Happily Ever After is the same thing, but spanning all of Disney's animation output and also Pirates of the Caribbean.

Disney Dreams and its "Misadventures of Peter Pan's shadow" setup is probably the most effective story any of these modern castle fireworks/projection shows have had.

Kman101

I never said I prefer Wishes. I'm just saying it has something resembling more of a story then Happily Ever After. Does Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration have a story? No, it's a supercut of all the films set to fireworks that incidentally is also narrated by Tom Kane. Happily Ever After is the same thing, but spanning all of Disney's animation output and also Pirates of the Caribbean.

Disney Dreams and its "Misadventures of Peter Pan's shadow" setup is probably the most effective story any of these modern castle fireworks/projection shows have had.

Ok. You're certainly entitled to feel how you feel.

I agree with you entirely on Disney Dreams. I only saw a video and I adored it. I can't believe they dropped it for a clone from Shanghai - that's an advertisment.

HEA does tell a story but I understand sometimes it's not the way we may want it told to us. It's easy to dismiss all projection shows as just an IP fest. Not saying you're doing that but it just sounds to me like HEA isn't your cup of tea and there's nothing wrong in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom