Rumor: Paint The Night Parade Might Come Back

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Maybe it's because I have no nostalgia for the parade as I've never seen MSEP, but why is this? I don't understand how they can make a new nighttime parade and only run it once or twice but bring back an outdated one multiple times. I know there were issue with PtN costumes but this is a multi-billion dollar company. Surely a solution could've been found sooner.
MSEP was one of Disney's most popular parades of all time. So many generations have nostalgia for it, and Disney never lets nostalgia go to waste when they can. So when they need a boost of nostalgia they've trotted out MSEP and fans go crazy for it.

Personally I've loved PtN more as I think it encapsulated modern Disney better than MSEP did for classic Disney, but that is just my opinion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No 70th hashtag.........

Maybe it starts before the 70th? or not in DL Park?

Would love to know F! Dragon timeline! With Pyro fully restored!
This was just a teaser announcement, they haven't announced yet any dates. But they also haven't had the 70th announcement yet. So its adds up that this would be part of the 70th, especially since it debuted at the 60th.

We'll just have to wait until the full announcement.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
MSEP just belongs at Disneyland. I didn’t understand the hype for it when I say it at WDW but then I saw it at Disneyland and I “got it” - it just belongs as much as the firehouse and Coke Corner!
Personally I rather MSEP be retired permanently and just run PtN. But if they run both yeah MSEP at DL and PtN at DCA.

TsWade2

Original Poster
Anyway, I think they need to make a new float to replace The Incredibles float and since the Frozen Float has been destroyed, I wonder what WDAS movie will PTN will include? Maybe Princess and the Frog, Zootopia, Moana, Encanto, or maybe if possible Wish.

Tysus

MSEP was one of Disney's most popular parades of all time. So many generations have nostalgia for it, and Disney never lets nostalgia go to waste when they can. So when they need a boost of nostalgia they've trotted out MSEP and fans go crazy for it.

Personally I've loved PtN more as I think it encapsulated modern Disney better than MSEP did for classic Disney, but that is just my opinion.
I guess that's why I wouldn't get it, my main visits to the parks coincided with the time it wasn't running so I've never seen it in person. I also haven't seen PtN in person but it was just confusing to me they'd spend the money to make a whole new parade, use it for 3 years, encounter an issue, and just not run it again until now.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I guess that's why I wouldn't get it, my main visits to the parks coincided with the time it wasn't running so I've never seen it in person. I also haven't seen PtN in person but it was just confusing to me they'd spend the money to make a whole new parade, use it for 3 years, encounter an issue, and just not run it again until now.
I can't explain all the reasons why PtN hadn't come back previously, but the "issues" was due to injuries to CMs which involves the unions. So its a complex issue that I would guess prevented its immediate return until the union approved it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom