Rumor: Paint The Night Parade Might Come Back

spectrodanny

There's more than one possible explanation. After all, the new ending cuts way back on the number of dancers. It's cheaper to peter out at the end than have a multi-dancer high-kicking finish.
with the money they saved there, they could have hired a couple more people to play "Alice": in the parade. I'd heard rumors they only had 1 girl cast in the role and yet, even on nights she was off, they STILL sent the other 9 floats in her section out. THAT NEVER happened prior to this year. if she was out all 10 floats in that section were out of the parade that night.

RescueTheDay

with the money they saved there, they could have hired a couple more people to play "Alice": in the parade. I'd heard rumors they only had 1 girl cast in the role and yet, even on nights she was off, they STILL sent the other 9 floats in her section out. THAT NEVER happened prior to this year. if she was out all 10 floats in that section were out of the parade that night.
LOL not true. Parade was understaffed but not that badly.

TTA94

I know this isn’t expected to happen, that we currently know of but for the heck of it, if they had any plans on shipping out PTN or MSEP to WDW, today at D23 would not have been the time and place to announce that. That is not news that would have been well received in a room largely full of DLR fans.

TsWade2

Original Poster
I'm sorry if I post this dumb rumor. PTN parade is dead anyway. Thank God for Magic Happens coming back next year.

TTA94

I'm sorry if I post this dumb rumor. PTN parade is dead anyway. Thank God for Magic Happens coming back next year.

Minus the Incredibles float which still exists per the backstage pic we saw. Of course that was just one float and means nothing.

Maybe Hong Kong’s is dead to?

PiratesMansion

Minus the Incredibles float which still exists per the backstage pic we saw. Of course that was just one float and means nothing.

Maybe Hong Kong’s is dead to?
But Hong Kong didn't show the same reluctance to show PTN that DLR did. They never seemed to suffer from the same issues, and they don't have any other night parade to go back to.

I imagine it's more likely budget tightening at every park Disney has any semblance of control over. They did just debut a new fireworks projection show on their shiny new castle, after all.

And with China's zero covid approach it's probably simply much logistically easier to run a fireworks show than a night parade in every possible circumstance if they have to choose just one nighttime event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom