Rumor on YOMD successor

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
To be called: "Magical Milestones"?

This is a rumor. Repeat, this is only a rumor. Do not adjust your computer screens.

:lookaroun

I heard it from a bus driver. : )

pacochran

maybe it means that they are going to push and advertise celebrating your Milestones at Disney. Make you Anniversary or Birthday special?

brkgnews

Isn't there already a "Mickey's Magical Milestones" tour? Maybe...
a) new theme playing off of that
b) the driver got confused by that

hack2112

In the "Magical Milestones" event, Epcot will become filled with new "Milestone Makers" that will be placed all over the park, destroying any beauty that was once there.

WDWNT

That won't start until October 2011, but that is one of the names being thrown around....

3 years feels like an eternity, doesn't it. LOL

MacDuffieMuppet

That won't start until October 2011, but that is one of the names being thrown around....

3 years feels like an eternity, doesn't it. LOL

yahhhh...3 years and i graduate and will hopefully be working down there..

I like the YoMD, but i feel its bias towards families with little kids. I hope this new one will appeal to all ages.

imamouse

It will be interesting to see how Disney incorporates WDW & DL in-park suite stays and other goodies like the current dream fastpasses into a new campaign. I see these items as hard to do away with anytime soon.

grunter

It will be interesting to see how Disney incorporates WDW & DL in-park suite stays and other goodies like the current dream fastpasses into a new campaign. I see these items as hard to do away with anytime soon.

Why do away with these at all? Just because they started with "Year of a Million Dreams" doesn't mean they need to end with that promotion. A roving "dream team" could work at any time for any reason.

csaribay

I don't know... Disney offers a tour called "Mickey's Magical Milestones" to begin with...

I think that bus driver may have been confused.

Spyne

If that is the name, it's most likely going to be for WDW's 40th. But obviously that won't be until 2011. Let's hope we hear more developments as soon as they come in.

With the 40th anniversary of the opening of WDW on Oct 1, 2011, and Epcot's 30th in 2012 , A milestone theme encompasing both years wouldn't be that far fetched. They are both mile stones, and magical too.

Captain Hank

It wouldn't be a problem to do away with Dream Fastpasses and other prizes from the Year of a Million Dreams (in fact, from an operations point of view, things would move a bit more smoothly without them). As for what will become of the two in-park suites, I've no idea.

Magical Milestones were a series of pins released at DLR for their Happiest Homecoming on Earth Celebration. I also have a handful of pressed pennies that say Magical Milestones on the back from my DLR trip in 2005.

Didn't the OP say they heard it from a bus driver? Because that says it all to me...

WaltsApprentice

To be called: "Magical Milestones"?

This is a rumor. Repeat, this is only a rumor. Do not adjust your computer screens.

:lookaroun

I heard it from a bus driver. :lookaroun

there are also pins out there during the YOMD called Magical Milestones refecting on old parades, attractions, shows, resorts, and celebrations. Maybe something similar to "REMEMBER the Magic!":D

WaltsApprentice

Magical Milestones were a series of pins released at DLR for their Happiest Homecoming on Earth Celebration. I also have a handful of pressed pennies that say Magical Milestones on the back from my DLR trip in 2005.

Didn't the OP say they heard it from a bus driver? Because that says it all to me...

Darn you got it before me!

Ps: hows it going haven't seen you on the myspace careerstart group in a while (I do hope this is the same person)

Figment82

I've heard the name for the next celebration, but I am not at liberty to give it out yet. But I can tell you that the name that was posted originally is not what I've heard.

I'm sorry I can't give more information than that, I know it sounds rather sketchy... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom