Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Animaniac93-98

The show has had its script, format and voices change multiple times since 1993. It's one of the few things Disney HAS consistently updated and maintained over time.

But the one constant has been the respectful tone towards its subject. If Al and Lin want to do a show together, that's fine, but don't rob MK of this kind of experience just so they can say it's "new and improved".

Tom P.

So how do you feel about him being in the Ducktales reboot then?
The DuckTales reboot is an offense against both man and God. It is a heaping, festering, blazing dumpster fire of garbage that sullies the name of everything and everyone with which it is associated. Anyone who has even the faintest connection to the production of that putrid vomitous rot gut should be forever banished to a far-away deserted island where they can spend the rest of their lives eating a steady diet of bugs and worms, each day filled with nothing but their own unbridled shame.

I hope I wasn't unclear.

21stamps

The DuckTales reboot is an offense against both man and God. It is a heaping, festering, blazing dumpster fire of garbage that sullies the name of everything and everyone with which it is associated. Anyone who has even the faintest connection to the production of that putrid vomitous rot gut should be forever banished to a far-away deserted island where they can spend the rest of their lives eating a steady diet of bugs and worms, each day filled with nothing but their own unbridled shame.

I hope I wasn't unclear.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

What? Is it that bad? Why?

I’ve never seen the new ones, used to watch the original when I was a kid.

21stamps

It's so amazing, it uses elements from the original Barks comics and has gotten very interesting in recent episodes.

I’ll take your word for it. My kid is finally out of the cartoon stage, and I’m not looking back!!!

Eta- Wait, I lied.. there’s one cartoon that he watched in early summer. It’s not on Disney though, on Netflix, I think.. forget the name. It’s kids stuck in a video game or something like that.

champdisney

Just because something has stayed for a while doesn’t mean it’s popularity remains high.
1. 50 years isn’t a while. It’s 50 years.

2. Changing this attraction to appear more ‘hip’ while taking away the ‘controversy’ won’t make this attraction any more appealing to those that have consistently skipped the Hall of Presidents way before President Trump was elected.

No Name

1. 50 years isn’t a while. It’s 50 years.

2. Changing this attraction to appear more ‘hip’ while taking away the ‘controversy’ won’t make this attraction any more appealing to those that have consistently skipped the Hall of Presidents way before President Trump was elected.

You’re projecting your opinion as the objective truth. Consisting Hamilton’s popularity and HoP’s lack of popularity, I’d disagree.

Matt_Black

I hope I wasn't unclear.

They gave lyrics to "The Moon Theme" from the Ducktales NES game. That alone makes me love it forever.

I sure hope Lin stars in the next muppet movie! That would be perfect!

*Magenta Panther on seeing this*

highanxiety2.gif

Animaniac93-98

A Lin Manuel Miranda/Weird Al collaboration produced by Disney is not the same thing as an independent collaboration between those two.

Disney will still have final say on script, budget, tone etc. That would have an impact on how good or bad this idea turns out.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the changes in 2009 and 2017 turned out for HoP, but they stuck fairly close to the original vision.

No Name

Yeah, you and others are doing that a lot in this thread.

This assumes Lin would create a show as popular as Hamilton, which is no guarantee.
I never gave any certainties.

And I agree that’s no guarantee, but I think he’d struggle to create a show less popular than the HoP. I like it, you like it, but we’re not the average guest. The seats go empty and the ratings are among the lowest in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom