[RUMOR] JIIWF to close this fall; ride based on a Disney movie to replace it

mimitchi33

Original Poster
So, I attend a community college, and have dreams of doing the Disney College Program. Today was the first day of my second semester, and in one part of my first class, we had to interview people. I told the people about my major and my dream to work there and do the college program, when this girl says she wants to work there too and asks me what job I want. I say that I want to work on either Frozen Ever After or Journey Into Imagination with Figment, and as soon as I said the name of the latter ride, the girl told me that the ride wouldn't be there anymore when I am going to do the program (Fall 2017) according to to one of her friends who worked at the attraction (she didn't say what her job was, only that she works at the ride-she doesn't know if she still works at the ride or not) as part of the program. According to her, they are closing it this year and are replacing it with "another ride based off a Disney movie".
I was very shocked to hear this, seeing as the ride was my favorite one at Disney when I was younger, and because people said it wasn't closing anytime soon despite people wanting it to close. I wonder what Disney movie this new ride will be based on...

BriEcho3194

Yeah I'm pretty sure some girl in your class doesn't hold much merit to a rumor like that. I mean hasn't that been a rumor for like a few years now? Like wasn't there a rumor it would turn into a Phineas and Ferb pavilion? But good luck on your CP if you get it! It's a lot of fun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So, I attend a community college, and have dreams of doing the Disney College Program. Today was the first day of my second semester, and in one part of my first class, we had to interview people. I told the people about my major and my dream to work there and do the college program, when this girl says she wants to work there too and asks me what job I want. I say that I want to work on either Frozen Ever After or Journey Into Imagination with Figment, and as soon as I said the name of the latter ride, the girl told me that the ride wouldn't be there anymore when I am going to do the program (Fall 2017) according to to one of her friends who worked at the attraction (she didn't say what her job was, only that she works at the ride-she doesn't know if she still works at the ride or not) as part of the program. According to her, they are closing it this year and are replacing it with "another ride based off a Disney movie".
I was very shocked to hear this, seeing as the ride was my favorite one at Disney when I was younger, and because people said it wasn't closing anytime soon despite people wanting it to close. I wonder what Disney movie this new ride will be based on...
There have been lot of proposals to replace the ride over the last 10 years or so. Hasn't happened yet, but there is only so long it can be put off.

ryguy

One would think if a revamp is indeed on the horizon for Epcot then this ride will be replaced with something people actually would want to go on.:p

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pavilion re-themed at some point, it's currently just such a pale remnant of what it used to be. With that said, front line CM's are a VERY unreliable source of information. We often know more about what is going on in the parks then the CM's do.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
One would think if a revamp is indeed on the horizon for Epcot then this ride will be replaced with something people actually would want to go on.:p

I would tend to agree. There seems to be a growing belief that a DCA level of "assistance" will be coming to EPCOT with pretty strong rumors/rumblings around UoE, Innovations, and the France Pavilion. Fixing the Imagination pavilion (and possibly the Wonders of Life Pavilion) at the same time wouldn't seem that outlandish.

mimitchi33

Original Poster
Double check with a bus driver before accepting a rumour as being true.
Some CM rumors have turned out true, like Imagination loosing it's sponsor, Kodak, and I think a CM predicted the Stitch ride closing too...
Isn't one of the rumored replacements an IP where the OP's avatar derives from?
Probably, but she didn't say which movie. We better start getting prepared for Journey into Imagination Land with Bing Bong if it does happen!
And thanks for wishing me good luck, guys! I wonder if I'll be roomates with you or encounter you.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would tend to agree. There seems to be a growing belief that a DCA level of "assistance" will be coming to EPCOT with pretty strong rumors/rumblings around UoE, Innovations, and the France Pavilion. Fixing the Imagination pavilion (and possibly the Wonders of Life Pavilion) at the same time wouldn't seem that outlandish.

This is just me talking, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks that Epcot gets anywhere close to the level of funding DCA 2.0 got, particularly in light of the money that's being spent by TDO right now (SWL, TSL, and Pandora, just off the top of my head). Considering how tight they tend to keep the purse-strings down there, they are going to need several years of profit-taking... err... minimal CapEx... before they would even consider a multi-billion investment in Epcot.

Edit: Oh, and higher ticket prices. Can't believe I forgot higher ticket prices. You know, to "pay for" the aforementioned spending currently going on.

wdwgreek

The rumor it would be replaced with an IP has been circulating for a while and at the point it is a rumor, its sort of like that rumor that COP would be moved to the Smithsonian. I find it strange that the staleness of the attraction continues to promote this rrumour.

djkidkaz

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pavilion re-themed at some point, it's currently just such a pale remnant of what it used to be. With that said, front line CM's are a VERY unreliable source of information. We often know more about what is going on in the parks then the CM's do.

Thats a huge chunk of Future World. When you think about what is actually fully fledged out and what is essentially just random, temporarily used space its crazy.

Oddysey, Wonders, Innoventions, Imagination, Ellen, Club Cool all need work / updates. Land, Test Track, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Seas are all pretty decent.

disney1023

This wont happen, not with all the money Disney makes off of Figment. I can confirm that something is going on with the imagination pavilion. In a semi-recent interview with Ron Schneider (the only person to play Dreamfinder) almost a year ago, he said that the Imagineers are doing something to this ride; they've considered a new Dreamfinder film using Jack Black, he heard a rumor using figment and Phineas and Ferb, and all he knows is that Figment will stay in EPCOT.

Me on the other hand, all I know is that figment will stay one way or another, Imagineers have definitely gotten the hint on us OG Journey into Imagination fans, but I'm just a fan, don't get your hopes up... :D

Haymarket2008

This wont happen, not with all the money Disney makes off of Figment. I can confirm that something is going on with the imagination pavilion. In a semi-recent interview with Ron Schneider (the only person to play Dreamfinder) almost a year ago, he said that the Imagineers are doing something to this ride; they've considered a new Dreamfinder film using Jack Black, he heard a rumor using figment and Phineas and Ferb, and all he knows is that Figment will stay in EPCOT.

Me on the other hand, all I know is that figment will stay one way or another, Imagineers have definitely gotten the hint on us OG Journey into Imagination fans, but I'm just a fan, don't get your hopes up... :D

That interview was from a few years ago. Thankfully, from previous posters sharing their info, the Jack Black thing was canned. But I do agree that Figment and his continued presence with Epcot and merchandise would warrant him as a permanent fixture of the park. Hopefully with a worthy attraction as his star vehicle.

disney1023

That interview was from a few years ago. Thankfully, from previous posters sharing their info, the Jack Black thing was canned. But I do agree that Figment and his continued presence with Epcot and merchandise would warrant him as a permanent fixture of the park. Hopefully with a worthy attraction as his star vehicle.
I was actually talking about one done by "Big Fat Panda," but you are correct in how old those interviews are and in the Jack Black thing. Thanks for your response!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom