[RUMOR] Imagination's potential replacement?

trainplane3

It almost feels like they could have made a full feature length movie out of this. I just can't understand how this IP is going to be moved aside for one that didn't originate in Epcot. Why not keep at least the one IP created in Epcot in Epcot?
Probably because someone that hasn't been to WDW hasn't heard of Figment. But I agree, you could easily turn the entire Imagination pavilion into a IP due to its current lab setting. But honestly, the comics would be a much better setting.

Phil12

I think I have a feeling I know what's going to happen and I really don't like it (and hopefully another Imagination V2 panic follows...). I just wish there was a way for upper management to hear the fans of the ride. Speaking of which, my parents mentioned bringing DF back the other day. I showed them the D23 2011 and 2013 videos. Their reaction was literally "Is Disney retarded?! Just bring DF back and make the ride great again! The fans are still crazy for the characters".
You have really hit upon the answer. This thread demonstrates that the fan base for Dreamfinder is very small and is generally out of sync with popular culture and entertainment. TWDC has heard the fans and has wisely rejected their minority opinion.

trainplane3

I find it very very interesting at how quiet this has all been.....maybe preemptively jumping the gun on releasing info on these boards too soon could suade the project? All I want to know is if Dreamfinder is even on the table.
Well, the proposed completion date for whatever is happening here at the time was 2023 (it's probably changed 50 billion times by now). So if we expect a 2-3 year turn around, it'll close in 2020 and could be announced that same year. Or they could announce it at D23 2019. I mean, Guardians is about 3 1/2 years out from now. It's far enough out that it's probably in blue sky mode right now.

But agreed, I'd like to know if DF is on the table for Imagination V4. I don't really care about the other proposals much at all.

Martin's new video is up

Really looking forward to watching this! Thanks Martin!

Just finished watching it, hands down my favorite video from him. The construction photos, the ride schematics, the quality footage, I have been a fan of Martin's videos for about 3 years now, I think this video explains why his channel is one of my favorite ones on the entire site.

trainplane3

Thoughts:
- I knew there had to be a lounge but I never knew where it was at. That was neat to see it in such good quality.
- It was dedicated exactly 10 years from when I was born! (Great, another reason for me to get attached to it)
- The newly recorded lines sounded great! I could slightly pick them out due to Ron's voice sounding slightly hoarser.
- I don't remember going into the ImageWorks back then. The original version always looked incredible.
- Ever so slightly bummed there was no footage of the dedication ceremony.
- Great video! -

For the Imagination V2 video, you could just upload a picture of a flaming turd. I think that'd about cover enough of it. (Still looking forward to it regardless of the crapiness of the ride)

Wouldn't that be sad if the refurb/replacement still lacks the "wow!" factor the sets and some of the effects the original ride had? A 1980's ride...outdoing modern day. At least with TT and M:S, they brought along their own party tricks that made them unique even if they lacked the feeling Horizons and WoM had.

It's always sounded to me that Imagineering wants Imagination V4 while management wants a movie based IP crammed in there. I hope management makes the right decision...

disney1023

Martin's new video is up

What a great video that was, and with all of this extra work in it that was absent in the other Imagination tribute videos. Martin really did a great job on this video, and I honestly can't wait for the next two! But with that said, it seems like "Journey into your Imagination" and "Journey into Imagination with Figment" could be combined as one video, so I'm a little curious on how that will pan out.

trainplane3

What a great video that was, and with all of this extra work in it that was absent in the other Imagination tribute videos. Martin really did a great job on this video, and I honestly can't wait for the next two! But with that said, it seems like "Journey into your Imagination" and "Journey into Imagination with Figment" could be combined as one video, so I'm a little curious on how that will pan out.
At the end it says "Part one of three". I think that's your answer. JiYIwF will probably be a shorter one.

brb1006

Thoughts:
- I knew there had to be a lounge but I never knew where it was at. That was neat to see it in such good quality.
- It was dedicated exactly 10 years from when I was born! (Great, another reason for me to get attached to it)
- The newly recorded lines sounded great! I could slightly pick them out due to Ron's voice sounding slightly hoarser.
- I don't remember going into the ImageWorks back then. The original version always looked incredible.
- Ever so slightly bummed there was no footage of the dedication ceremony.
- Great video! -

For the Imagination V2 video, you could just upload a picture of a flaming turd. I think that'd about cover enough of it. (Still looking forward to it regardless of the crapiness of the ride)

Wouldn't that be sad if the refurb/replacement still lacks the "wow!" factor the sets and some of the effects the original ride had? A 1980's ride...outdoing modern day. At least with TT and M:S, they brought along their own party tricks that made them unique even if they lacked the feeling Horizons and WoM had.

It's always sounded to me that Imagineering wants Imagination V4 while management wants a movie based IP crammed in there. I hope management makes the right decision...
The only good footage we can see of the dedication is from D23 when Dreamfinder showed up years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom