Rumor: I'm hearing crowd levels are down

Rescue Ranger

I'll be there end of April into the beginning of May. Two weeks. Be interesting to see what the crowds will be. I'm expecting to notice less tour groups and what not. I'm sure crowds will be down somewhat. But just how much exactly we'll have to wait and see.

I'm still set and as excited as ever to go!!

erstwo

If that's the case then the hotel rates might go down. In Venice Italy, where the coronavirus has impacted its tourism business, the hotel occupancy is 1-2%.
I received an email last week for $69 a night for any All Star hotel, mid April to mid May.

That's not a typically busy time, so maybe it's nothing. I haven't been able to travel in off peak times for several years, so I haven't tracked what a Value costs in the off season.

DisneyJoe

I received an email last week for $69 a night for any All Star hotel, mid April to mid May.

That's not a typically busy time, so maybe it's nothing. I haven't been able to travel in off peak times for several years, so I haven't tracked what a Value costs in the off season.
Was that from Disney? (or a site such as expedia?)

The_Jobu

$70 for a value is a great price. I haven't seen it that low in ages.

I'm booked for June (may cancel) for $200 at Pop, and that's with the current promo.

erstwo

Was that from Disney? (or a site such as expedia?)
From Disney. I just went back and verified it was a Disney Destinations email (not a phishing email)
A2838474-7010-45D8-9138-409DEA1EFB66.png

ETA: I assume 'still time to come back' is in reference to the President's Day weekend trip I took with my daughter. Booked that on Wednesday or Thursday before the weekend, so all I could get was one night at AoA and one night at Coronado in the tower the other night. It was relatively expensive - maybe they're trying to make it up to me? Ha.

My other theory is all the big, international groups are canceling and now the All Stars have more availability?

Last edited:

erstwo

Thanks - and I checked with my friends, and that was late Jan/early Feb, so was not in response to coronavirus, at least the ones that they received.
I received mine 3 March. I too am not sure if the panic was high enough by then for it to correlate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom