RUMOR: Disney Buying Hasbro?

Captain Neo

Uh but Transformers rides are at Universal. Not buying this rumor I don't think Disney wants to acquire anymore companies that have strong ties with their competitors

Magenta Panther

Holy crap. This is so utterly absurd it defies description.

And here I was joking about Disney buying the Chipmunks and the Smurfs. If this is not just a rumor, soon we may see pastel-colored ponies running around the parks, and the Land of Equestria becoming the legendary Fifth Gate. And clothing stores called Carousel Boutique and pastry shops called Sugar Cube Corner. (I have a niece, okay?) Gahhh!

This, apparently, is how Iger deals with competition: he doesn't. He just buys them. Good God. Iger must be stopped!

trr1

Holy crap. This is so utterly absurd it defies description.

And here I was joking about Disney buying the Chipmunks and the Smurfs. If this is not just a rumor, soon we may see pastel-colored ponies running around the parks, and the Land of Equestria becoming the legendary Fifth Gate. And clothing stores called Carousel Boutique and pastry shops called Sugar Cube Corner. (I have a neice, okay?) Gahhh!
or furbys

Magenta Panther

Again, Disney can't fix the yeti because it would cost it too much in terms of customer satisfaction (apparently Disney believes that customers are just fine and dandy with riding a broken ride. Ignorance is bliss, at least for Disney). But it can buy Marvel and Lucasfilm and now maybe Hasbro. The EFF??????

lazyboy97o

Any chance with the rate it's going that Disney buys Universal?

Not unless Comcast is willing to part with it.
The Blackstone Group accepted $1 billion for their 50% stake in Universal Orlando Resort. I doubt Comcast would accept $2 billion, but it'd probably be for no more than what they paid for Lucasfilm. The huge issue though is that Disney is not really interested in owning and operating theme parks in Florida. Buying the Universal Orlando Resort saddles Disney with more parks, not real estate that could easily be developed.

Good god. Then we'll have to have incessant discussion about when Disney will force Universal to retheme Transformers the Ride.

Christ.

That's reason alone to hope this doesn't happen.
It is kind of odd to think that, in a way, it could now be said that Disney did the ride film for Transformers: The Ride 3D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom