Rumor: COP replacement

Imagineer Mitch

The only problem is Space Mountain is right there already, and with BTMRR and Goofy's Barnstormer for the kids (although I like that one too), it is unlikely to be so.
true but at MGM or DHS rock 'n rollercoaster and ToT is right side by side and still i dont want to see anymore shows based on pixar but if it has to be a pixar thing lets hope its a roller coaster

echoscot

RNR and TOT are not both Roller Coasters, they are very different in their approach and appeal. Though you and I are among the masses that like them both, there are many that will do one and not the other.

Imagineer Mitch

RNR and TOT are not both Roller Coasters, they are very different in their approach and appeal. Though you and I are among the masses that like them both, there are many that will do one and not the other.
true, but tell me would u rather see a show of pixar stuff replace the classic CoP or a roller coaster?

echoscot

true, but tell me would u rather see a show of pixar stuff replace the classic CoP or a roller coaster?

I am not a fan of Tomorrowland becoming Pixarland...I mean bring back original stuff like Alien Encounter...heck even Flight to the Moon was at least original in its day.

But I would like to see some kind of show/ride anything but another merchandise or food venue... or dead space building.

Imagineer Mitch

I am not a fan of Tomorrowland becoming Pixarland...I mean bring back original stuff like Alien Encounter...heck even Flight to the Moon was at least original in its day.

But I would like to see some kind of show/ride anything but another merchandise or food venue... or dead space building.
one of the the reason's im saying ride is bc magic kingdom needs a new rollercoaster, something big and new and exciting, the kingdom was the start of disney world and it needs good attention but that is just my opinion plus im a roller coaster freak lol:D

echoscot

one of the the reason's im saying ride is bc magic kingdom needs a new rollercoaster, something big and new and exciting, the kingdom was the start of disney world and it needs good attention but that is just my opinion plus im a roller coaster freak lol:D

I am with you, I love Roller Coasters, but Disney is not really a roller coaster kind of place...They have some, but the emphasis is on show elements more than the roller coaster stuff.

They could do some new original things...or they could really pump COP, maybe make it the next feature film instead of Jungle Cruise...or after the Small World movie (2 1/2 hours of "its a world of laughter a world of tears..." and now YOU ALL ARE SINGING IT AND CAN"T STOP:goodnevil)

Imagineer Mitch

I am with you, I love Roller Coasters, but Disney is not really a roller coaster kind of place...They have some, but the emphasis is on show elements more than the roller coaster stuff.

They could do some new original things...or they could really pump COP, maybe make it the next feature film instead of Jungle Cruise...or after the Small World movie (2 1/2 hours of "its a world of laughter a world of tears..." and now YOU ALL ARE SINGING IT AND CAN"T STOP:goodnevil)
lol yeah but i know they dont have much roller coasters but when they do make them the roller coasters are amazing, maybe all we need is some of the original concepts of disney's ideas

echoscot

One of the difficulties is that COP appeals to a certain genre of people, namely the show is extremely American and very specific to the US. It focuses on the effects of the industrial revolution in the US and is a very Americanized household. it was originally produced for a very American corporation, G.E. whose founder was Thomas A. Edison. Of course they have dropped sponsorship, especially since they are now the parent corp of Disney's biggest theme park competitor...Universal. The lack of sponsorship is a big death knell for attractions, especially if attendance is relatively low already.

DON"T FLAME ME cause I love that the show, but a lot of the international guest don't relate and don't get it. It's just a simple fact.

But as I said before, if it goes, I will miss it but I will always be greatful for the opportunity to learn that while "Now is the best time of my life" there is still a "Big bright beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day.":animwink:

Imagineer Mitch

One of the difficulties is that COP appeals to a certain genre of people, namely the show is extremely American and very specific to the US. It focuses on the effects of the industrial revolution in the US and is a very Americanized household. it was originally produced for a very American corporation, G.E. whose founder was Thomas A. Edison. Of course they have dropped sponsorship, especially since they are now the parent corp of Disney's biggest theme park competitor...Universal. The lack of sponsorship is a big death knell for attractions, especially if attendance is relatively low already.

DON"T FLAME ME cause I love that the show, but a lot of the international guest don't relate and don't get it. It's just a simple fact.

But as I said before, if it goes, I will miss it but I will always be greatful for the opportunity to learn that while "Now is the best time of my life" there is still a "Big bright beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day.":animwink:
i think next time i go to disney and ride CoP im going to video tape it, with no flash or anything, just so i can have something to remember it and my camera has no light or makes no sound so it wont disrupt other guest and if it is crouded i wont do it, sometimes its just my family and me in there

echoscot

i think next time i go to disney and ride CoP im going to video tape it, with no flash or anything, just so i can have something to remember it and my camera has no light or makes no sound so it wont disrupt other guest and if it is crouded i wont do it, sometimes its just my family and me in there

WDWMagic actually has some good video of the attraction and there is a site where you can purchase profesionally done DVDs of the whole history of the COP and the show (if this isn't allowed I'll edit it mods:))

http://01508f4.netsolstores.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=131

gus ghost

They should move COP to the proposed Walt Disney attraction in the brand new entry plaza of California Adventure- it would fit well into an attraction about walt, and of all of the parks, California Adventure desperately needs some AA's

Just an idea :)

prberk

They should move COP to the proposed Walt Disney attraction in the brand new entry plaza of California Adventure- it would fit well into an attraction about walt, and of all of the parks, California Adventure desperately needs some AA's

Actually, I completely believe that it belongs at WDW -- either MK or EPCOT, largely because an understanding of COP explains the genesis of Walt Disney World to begin with. It really help move forward the idea of EPCOT -- a place dedicated to the celebration of achievement and looking toward the future with promise and hopes for progress.

I cannot state enough that most young people who have ridden this attraction with me generally remember it and find it interesting if not "cool", even though some don't. Many love it.

It belongs at WDW and it deserves updating.

As Walt Disney said, "In Florida, we have the blessing of size. There's enough land to hold all the hopes and dreams that we can imagine...," including COP and new material. But, just like Main Street, USA, and Frontierland and Liberty Square all provide a foundation that both entertain and enlighten about a time period of the past that helped form the present, so does COP for WDW itself.

Paul

echoscot

Actually, I completely believe that it belongs at WDW -- either MK or EPCOT, largely because an understanding of COP explains the genesis of Walt Disney World to begin with. It really help move forward the idea of EPCOT -- a place dedicated to the celebration of achievement and looking toward the future with promise and hopes for progress.

I cannot state enough that most young people who have ridden this attraction with me generally remember it and find it interesting if not "cool", even though some don't. Many love it.

It belongs at WDW and it deserves updating.

As Walt Disney said, "In Florida, we have the blessing of size. There's enough land to hold all the hopes and dreams that we can imagine...," including COP and new material. But, just like Main Street, USA, and Frontierland and Liberty Square all provide a foundation that both entertain and enlighten about a time period of the past that helped form the present, so does COP for WDW itself.

Paul

That was very nicely said.

I also would like to hope that it might have a future.

PintoColvig

It is extremely American and very US-specific but so is most all of Liberty Square and Frontierland. Besides, though many internationals travel to WDW, it is an American Themepark. I think CoP's attendance problem is due to a number of reasons: inattention (ie., lack of a sponsor, poor signage and promotion), improperly placed (wrong theme for TL) and lack of upkeep (including out of date final scene).

I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again...Relocate CoP. It's moved twice. It can be moved again. My suggestions have been Epcot and the Disney Museum in San Francisco. However, this idea is very intriguing....

Space may be an issue but it would be an excellent tribute to the Man.

Gus Ghost, welcome to the boards. Excellent first post! :sohappy:

I think it's pointless to shut down an attraction that takes up so little space. It's not like you can replace it with an E-ticket attraction. Like the Swiss Family Treehouse. Yes, it may be unpopular and even outdated, but is there really much else you could do with the space that would make getting rid of it worth it?

Dragonrider1227

What is really comes down to is that the current group of designers seem to have their worlds working a bit backwords.

Entertaining shows and spectacles still have a basis in storytelling and theme. You come up with an idea you want to express, then find or make the technology to convey the idea.

Instead, they are creating technology and finding stories they feel fit it.

For example, if they wanted to have a Monsters night club, why the screen? Wouldn't it have been better told and more realistic with animatronics? Instead they decide they wanted a screen attraction and hunted for a show to fit it.
I have to disagree. Half the point of the Monsters laugh club is that it's a different show every time. That they interact with people, that they can see who's in the crowd and talk to them. Can you do that with Animatronics? Can you make it believable with animatronics? Animatronics are programed to just do the same thing over and over, while this show is meant to be different every time.

CBOMB

I'm sorry, but it's just that if I had a dime for everytime I heard something about COP closing, I'd be very rich.

It should never close.
:cry:
Believe me I know how you feel, but the time has arrived. At least you are in a position to ride it a lot before it goes down. I'm afraid there are a lot of people that are going to be disappointed, but management felt, right or wrong, that CoP could no longer carry it's weight.
Yes I am very familar with that thread. I started it. It's evident that Corrus didn't talk to the pool guy on that one. I think because of his involvement he was being told something different. He's right the vast majority of the time, so I would still put my money on him. After all he said very recently that it was just a matter of time for the CoP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom