Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickys

Premium Member

Interesting. I knew about the planned ride, but I thought the loading area was behind the mural. As the article says, it's not clear exactly where the doors are/were in relation to the building layout. It could be the area in front of the mural was essentially the loading queue area, or part of it.

Maybe this is phase 3 of Epcot development, along with Mount Fuji or the Matterhorn. We can always dream I suppose :).

Rob562

Fun fact, the gentleman that installed this display owned a train store in Winter Park and sang in our church choir with my folks. Because of the Germany display, he got hired to install an even bigger display inside Cecil Fielder's mansion for Fielder's son (future MLB All Star Prince Fielder).

Also, the display was only originally supposed to be temporary. It was installed for a Flower & Garden Festival years ago. It was so popular that they made it longer lasting and expanded it a bit.

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
Also, the display was only originally supposed to be temporary. It was installed for a Flower & Garden Festival years ago. It was so popular that they made it longer lasting and expanded it a bit.

-Rob

Cool!

But now it's a quintessential part of the Germany pavilion (there's no other attraction, just shops), so I would be seriously upset if it's being removed. Moved somewhere else I could live with, but I love wandering through looking at it, preferably with a glass of wine from Italy - since I don't drink beer. Perfect for a relaxing 30/45 minutes.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to put Brazil between Germany and Italy ;)! But I suppose they could move the trains to the other side of Germany, it just means I have to go further to refresh my vino ..... :p

nickys

Premium Member
I think that ship sailed when they plopped Norway between Mexico and China.

I meant more because the two are kind of linked, and similar to each other. Both places to "hang out", one with beer and one with wine ;). They just kind of fit next to each other: In much the same way as France and the UK do. (And yes, I know that there's an expansion pad between them too). In both cases the countries are natural neighbours, whereas Mexico, China, Japan, Morocco don't have natural (geographical) neighbours, nor does Norway either.

Anyway, it's more to do with the railway. I'm going to start a "hands off the trains" petition! :joyfull:

aladdin2007

I meant more because the two are kind of linked, and similar to each other. Both places to "hang out", one with beer and one with wine ;). They just kind of fit next to each other: In much the same way as France and the UK do. (And yes, I know that there's an expansion pad between them too). In both cases the countries are natural neighbours, whereas Mexico, China, Japan, Morocco don't have natural (geographical) neighbours, nor does Norway either.

Anyway, it's more to do with the railway. I'm going to start a "hands off the trains" petition! :joyfull:

The design was never really meant to be natural neighbors, though at one time it was Switzerland that was planned to go between Germany and Italy which would have been one long real alpine neighbor link :)

Aries1975

Cool!

But now it's a quintessential part of the Germany pavilion (there's no other attraction, just shops), so I would be seriously upset if it's being removed. Moved somewhere else I could live with, but I love wandering through looking at it, preferably with a glass of wine from Italy - since I don't drink beer. Perfect for a relaxing 30/45 minutes.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to put Brazil between Germany and Italy ;)! But I suppose they could move the trains to the other side of Germany, it just means I have to go further to refresh my vino ..... :p

It simply gives you the opportunity to stop in Germany's "wine cellar" for a glass of Riesling. :cool:

nickys

Premium Member
It simply gives you the opportunity to stop in Germany's "wine cellar" for a glass of Riesling. :cool:

There's a wine cellar in Germany? Well there's another place to try next time. How did I not realise this, I always thought of Germany as Werther's and the toy shop with Stief teddies. And Biergarten of course, but I haven't eaten there.

Thanks! :)

DisneyFan18

@marni1971 could the acquisition of Fox and therefore BlueSky lead to a change of heart regarding an attraction being built? Since they could use the Rio franchise for an attraction (I would prefer the Three Caballeros but I do prefer a Río attraction than none)

There's a wine cellar in Germany? Well there's another place to try next time. How did I not realise this, I always thought of Germany as Werther's and the toy shop with Stief teddies. And Biergarten of course, but I haven't eaten there.

Thanks! :)

I've eaten at Biergarten sooooo maaaaany tiiiiiiimes. I love it! You're missing out. Make sure you get in there next time, and make sure you're in while the band is playing...

seascape

No idea.

Unless Comcast scoops it.
Based on the AT&T Time Warner case I doubt Comcast would enter into an agreement with Fox until after that case is decided. In any case Comcast should not be allowed to buy Fox and while as a stockholder I would love for Disney to buy Fox, as a consumer I am not sure it is a good idea.

DisneyFan18

Based on the AT&T Time Warner case I doubt Comcast would enter into an agreement with Fox until after that case is decided. In any case Comcast should not be allowed to buy Fox and while as a stockholder I would love for Disney to buy Fox, as a consumer I am not sure it is a good idea.
At least Marvel could do F4 right? But I do agree that I’m worried for everything that isn’t Marvel if the acquisition is done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom