Rumor and Upcoming Timeline Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretchsje

I have all the original references linked in every rumor and it could be sorted chronologically, by park, by land, etc.
Well dang. New to your site, and I just hadn't scrolled down enough while clicking around. Truly, truly great job. And I see there's a podcast, too. Do your news and rumors sections have an RSS feed?

RSoxNo1

Well dang. New to your site, and I just hadn't scrolled down enough while clicking around. Truly, truly great job. And I see there's a podcast, too. Do your news and rumors sections have an RSS feed?
The podcast is unrelated, and no unfortunately there's not really a true RSS feed that works. While I appreciate the attention in this thread, I'm kind of toeing the line of what's probably appropriate discussion on here. If you have pointed questions, I'd be happy to answer them privately.

skibum123

Thanks for the work. Would be helpful to know when the main post has been updated and, more importantly, what has been updated/added.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you mean to say 2018 or 2019? Seems a little far fetched that a new parade could be rushed into production for this year... It would have had to be green lit already and probably even under construction.

I haven't gone back in Martin's history enough to find where he said it was possible, very slimly possible, that they could rush the 50th anniversary into production in time for the holidays this year, or some time next year. When I get to it, I'll link it.

So, you're correct, it's not a new parade, but the one they've been planning for the 50th.

TTA94

I haven't gone back in Martin's history enough to find where he said it was possible, very slimly possible, that they could rush the 50th anniversary into production in time for the holidays this year, or some time next year. When I get to it, I'll link it.

So, you're correct, it's not a new parade, but the one they've been planning for the 50th.

Wait, maybe I misunderstood, so they were not even planning a new parade for the 50th? They were planning on one from another park??

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wait, maybe I misunderstood, so they were not even planning a new parade for the 50th? They were planning on one from another park??

No, there were planning a new parade for the 50th. Until then, WDW's Spectromagic would have seen them through until then once they gave DL back their Main Street parade... if Spectromagic wasn't stored poorly in a tent and rotted away. And so, WDW was just going to wait until the 50th to premier the new 50th Anniversary version of their night time parade.

Until us fans started complaining. Then Martin said there were discussions of taking that 2021 parade plan and accelerating it to now. But, he said that was just talks. It seems like it's just not going to happen... maybe...

TTA94

No, there were planning a new parade for the 50th. Until then, WDW's Spectromagic would have seen them through until then once they gave DL back their Main Street parade... if Spectromagic wasn't stored poorly in a tent and rotted away. And so, WDW was just going to wait until the 50th to premier the new 50th Anniversary version of their night time parade.

Until us fans started complaining. Then Martin said there were discussions of taking that 2021 parade plan and accelerating it to now. But, he said that was just talks. It seems like it's just not going to happen... maybe...

Ok gotcha, that's what I thought.

jbolen2

I was wondering at what point someone would make a thread like this. I know it takes me several minutes a day to halfway keep up on everything.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Adventureland Volcano Rumor:

1. It was once a possible attraction a long time ago.
2. Jim Hill revived this as a possibility claiming height-test balloons no one has ever said they've personally seen and linking it to the very separate Moana rumors circulating the Tiki Bird rumors.
3. Online blogs have been talking excitedly about rumors of a Volcano attraction in Adventureland... they're all quoting Jim Hill.
4. Our insiders say no. Spirit says nope. @MansionButler84 says no. @marni1971 says no new builds in Adventureland for at least 5 years.

I would characterize this rumor as: very very not likely. And remember, this is apart from anything happening with Moana and the Tiki Birds, for which there seems to be somewhat likely to not likely rumors. OP updated with links under Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom