ruins of old rides

mrerk

Premium Member
Not exactly sure what this is but theres some stuff on a road just past a creek near mission space. Looks like scrap metal and the buses the characters ride in Epcot.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=nqwd2f8647pq&scene=17482686&lvl=2&sty=b

QUOTE]

I don't know if this was mentioned but I believe the those trains may be the old Epcot Resort trams and the little huts are the temporary kiosks used for the Food and Wine festival.

I've heard the Epcot Resort Trams ended up at Castaway Cay. Anyone know for sure? They were different than the parking lot trams and had the front part of a regular Ford or Chevy van as the tow vehicle.

RonAnnArbor

How about in-park ruins!

The Swiss Chalet loading dock for the old Skyride that is still there at MK (although it is finally slated to be torn down)....The old skyride supports themselves for the wheel-towers were there for years and years, now finally being torn down for the Fantasyland renovation...

The vestiges of the Swan Boats throughout MK, including the old loading dock, and in places, underwater infrastructure that has never been removed (look around in Adventureland where it used to loop in and and about)....

The Boat Ride at Animal Kingdom -- or the "boat-ride to nowhere" as we used to call it; now they use the landing docks for Character meet and greets....

The old Tomorrowland outdoor theater -- now only windows and a parking lot where the theater used to be until two years ago...

Is it fair to call the entire "Studio Tram Tour" a ruin?....

The entire WoL pavilion at Epcot...still there, nothing but ruin inside...

The top floor of the Imagination Building at Epcot -- just a big glass pyramid of emptiness (although they occasionally use it for meetings and staff training)

Just to name a few....

Penelope

How about in-park ruins!

The Swiss Chalet loading dock for the old Skyride that is still there at MK (although it is finally slated to be torn down)....The old skyride supports themselves for the wheel-towers were there for years and years, now finally being torn down for the Fantasyland renovation...

The vestiges of the Swan Boats throughout MK, including the old loading dock, and in places, underwater infrastructure that has never been removed (look around in Adventureland where it used to loop in and and about)....

The Boat Ride at Animal Kingdom -- or the "boat-ride to nowhere" as we used to call it; now they use the landing docks for Character meet and greets....

The old Tomorrowland outdoor theater -- now only windows and a parking lot where the theater used to be until two years ago...

Is it fair to call the entire "Studio Tram Tour" a ruin?....

The entire WoL pavilion at Epcot...still there, nothing but ruin inside...

The top floor of the Imagination Building at Epcot -- just a big glass pyramid of emptiness (although they occasionally use it for meetings and staff training)

Just to name a few....

We walked to the Wonders of Life Pavilion without knowledge that it was closed several years ago. Wonder why they are just letting it sit there?

Also - unless they have revamped/removed it since 2007 - there was a restaurant that overlooked the water right at the end of Future World in Epcot and the beginning of World Showcase. In 2004 it seemed to be a stroller parking area with bathrooms open, but in 2007 we peeped in the windows and it was totally empty. If it has been removed or redone since then my apologies!

I really enjoy reading this thread thanks to those who have posted images and videos!

flavious27

We walked to the Wonders of Life Pavilion without knowledge that it was closed several years ago. Wonder why they are just letting it sit there?

Also - unless they have revamped/removed it since 2007 - there was a restaurant that overlooked the water right at the end of Future World in Epcot and the beginning of World Showcase. In 2004 it seemed to be a stroller parking area with bathrooms open, but in 2007 we peeped in the windows and it was totally empty. If it has been removed or redone since then my apologies!

I really enjoy reading this thread thanks to those who have posted images and videos!

That is the odyssey, it is used for special events and CM dinning.

Theosus

You guys brought back old memories...

In 77 and 79 we went to wdw when I was a kid. I remember staying in the campground and going to river country. It was a lot of fun.

Is the beach at the contemporary still there? We would take the boat from the campground and hang out on the lakefront beach at the contemporary (I think - it could have been Polynesian).

I also remember the boat ride to nowhere at AK. The first year it opened, wife and I went, and they did the boat tour. Two years later we returned and the docks are there, but no boats. Characters instead. Surprised me.

Is the body wars building still there? I thought it had been torn down to put in mission space. I'll have to look for it next time I'm in that area.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In 77 and 79 we went to wdw when I was a kid. I remember staying in the campground and going to river country. It was a lot of fun.

Is the beach at the contemporary still there? We would take the boat from the campground and hang out on the lakefront beach at the contemporary (I think - it could have been Polynesian). I believe you are thinking of the Polynesian. The beach is still there but you can not go into the water.

I also remember the boat ride to nowhere at AK. The first year it opened, wife and I went, and they did the boat tour. Two years later we returned and the docks are there, but no boats. Characters instead. Surprised me. The boats made a very quick exit largely due to guest complaints. Many people were expecting a Jungle Cruise type of experience and when they received nothing more that a boat ride from A to B after waiting in a line for 30 minuets they voiced their displeasure to guest services.

Is the body wars building still there? I thought it had been torn down to put in mission space. I'll have to look for it next time I'm in that area.The Wonders of Life building is still there. It is use as a special events pavilion now, in particular the food and wine festival and the flower and garden festival. Horizons was the building that was torn down to make way for Mission Space.

Theosus

Saw the wonders of life building today! There it was, half hidden behind mission space. I was there early to go to akershus, and saw a rope across the ramp leading up to the building. It would have been nice to go up to the building and look, but I never got back over there. The buildings honeycomb looking roof is really cool. Glad to see it still there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom