ruins of old disney rides

Horizons1

Google maps is a few years behind as most of these things are long gone now.

Ah, I was back there on Wednesday night.

Singing about good nutrition, I presume.

World of Motion figures and props are at MGM somewhere, I think. On the backlot tour, in the warehouse before you board the tram. At least they were.

TheBeatles

Singing about good nutrition, I presume.

World of Motion figures and props are at MGM somewhere, I think. On the backlot tour, in the warehouse before you board the tram. At least they were.

They definitely are. I took some pictures last year. I will post them when have the chance.

When EPCOT had the 25th gallery, the props from Horizons--except the Butler-- were from the prop warehouse. Last time I checked, they were not returned to the warehouse.

There is also a wall of faces used for various audio animatronics. I had a hard time figuring out where they were from though.

Another "ruin" is that of the huge tree stump that used to welcome visitors to Ft. Wilderness. The one that had FORT WILDERNESS and WALT DISNEY WORLD carved in the front. I would post the picture, but it's in a backstage are of the Fort. It still looks great.

raven

When EPCOT had the 25th gallery, the props from Horizons--except the Butler-- were from the prop warehouse. Last time I checked, they were not returned to the warehouse.

The butler robot (with the red coat holding a feather duster and vacuum) is on the upper level of the Imagineering building now.

markc

The butler robot (with the red coat holding a feather duster and vacuum) is on the upper level of the Imagineering building now.

You mean "Journey Into Imagination" building, right? (not Imagineering, which would suggest that the Robot is out in Glendale, California).

EPCOTPluto

Another "ruin" is that of the huge tree stump that used to welcome visitors to Ft. Wilderness. The one that had FORT WILDERNESS and WALT DISNEY WORLD carved in the front. I would post the picture, but it's in a backstage are of the Fort. It still looks great.
fort-wilderness-sign.jpg

:lookaroun

donvincenzo

Wasn't there a picture posted some months back of the little guy from Cranium Command (Buzzy?) still sitting there in the theater? If I'm remembering correctly and it wasn't some random hallucination, seeing him there in the dark was a little creepy...

Tigerace81

Read a comment on google maps a few posts down. I use Bing Maps because its newer images and its got the great birds eye view image which makes everything looks closer and more recognizable.

I would also look at each parks graveyard site. You never know what you might find.

raven

You mean "Journey Into Imagination" building, right? (not Imagineering, which would suggest that the Robot is out in Glendale, California).

No. I mean Imagineering here in Florida. They have a campus of buildings behind M:S and WOL at Epcot.

raven

Wasn't there a picture posted some months back of the little guy from Cranium Command (Buzzy?) still sitting there in the theater? If I'm remembering correctly and it wasn't some random hallucination, seeing him there in the dark was a little creepy...

That would've been my post as well. Yep, he's still sitting up there in the dark.

DarthGrady

i know that if you look in google maps you can see the ruins of the wand next to the back road at the southeast side of the parking lot in a little clearing near test rack.

do we know of any other ruins, pictures or anything like that

You can see whats left of River Country next to Fort Wilderness, there are also a few threads around here with pictures that "urban explorers" have taken from inside. Its creepy. :lookaroun

s8film40

Javier Boughton

ok..so they tear down a ride to bring on a new one..i think that everyone gets that.. some pieces of the ride are thrown away, some left to rot and some just covered up.

but before they do it, do they document anything about the previous ride? i believe they have the ride architectural plan and I guess a lot of the original designs and blueprints, but a lot changes through the years. and technology also, pictures are not the same from 10 years ago..

is one of those books i hope disney publishes...a detailed (and actual to the point of destruction) walkthrough of yesterland.

A whole lot of that stuff ended up in Disney's warehouse in Kissimmee. You probably won't see much on satellite views since they usually don't have stuff outside. Here is a link though just in case.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.298245,-81.446368&spn=0.001759,0.003363&t=h&z=19
The place is amazing it's pretty much a museum of WDW history.
4573783008_d3f59fceb0_b.jpg
WoW ... I pass by this place everyday ... had no idea it was a Disney warehouse ..... maybe I should try and sneek a peek inside ;)

PurpleDragon

A whole lot of that stuff ended up in Disney's warehouse in Kissimmee. You probably won't see much on satellite views since they usually don't have stuff outside. Here is a link though just in case.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.298245,-81.446368&spn=0.001759,0.003363&t=h&z=19
The place is amazing it's pretty much a museum of WDW history.
4573783008_d3f59fceb0_b.jpg

I would love to have one of those Figment AA's from the original ride. That would be sweet!! Whoever took this pic, please take more if you can, I'd love to see what all they have stored in that warehouse.

s8film40

SMRT-1

I was very fortunate to get a tour of the warehouse a while back and they allowed photography. Here are a few more photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20096898@N00/sets/72157623983625730/
Since these were taken the monorails were scrapped. I think the starjet was the one mouse surplus got, but not sure. I had more photos but can't find them, there was so much to see there I didn't get everything.

That's awesome! how is one lucky enough to get a tour?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom