rude parks guests

treelofan

Original Poster
have you people ever stood in line for a show at disneyworld, & you leave to go get a drink or see who's on the playbill. & you come back & some big guy yells at you. thinking your cutting in the line.

Woody13

Originally posted by treelofan
have you people ever stood in line for a show at disneyworld, & you leave to go get a drink or see who's on the playbill. & you come back & some big guy yells at you. thinking your cutting in the line.

That's because you are cutting in line. My life experience tells me to go to the bathroom, get a drink, etc. before I stand in the line. If I need to leave the line for whatever reason, then I have given up my place in the line. If I desire to return to the line then I must start at the end of the line, not the place I gave up.

wdwfan22

If you get out of line for any reason, then you lose your place in line. Get your drink before you get in line. Otherwise your being the rude park guest by cutting in front of all the others.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
How about if someone in your party is in line and you step out for whatever reason...(quick bout of the runs..LOL)...and you come back only to find they really havent moved much and you try to get back in line with your party? Is that okay?

Yellow Shoes

Actually, I DO think this is OK. I had to duck out and take a kid to the bathroom (right NOW, Mom!!) and joined my DH and other DS in line.

However, those situations should be few and far between, and probably limited to bathroom situations (a toxic diaper would also qualify).

What isn't OK (IMHO) is for one person to hold spaces for more than 1 other. (apparently this is OK in Sao Paulo, however)

I also think you should get food before you get in line (more time to eat it!)

I also think that if your party gets separated, the ones in front should wait for the ones behind to catch up--none of this "I've got to find my parents up front" stuff.

Figaro

I have to agree with everyone else here. Make sure you have everything you need before going on line. There's a big difference between having a potty emergency and getting a snack. I think most people would be understanding if a child, or even an adult, has to go to the bathroom NOW. But if you come strolling back with a coke and an Mickey ice cream, you can expect some angry/annoyed people behind you.

tiggerlover1971

all I got to say on this would you want one member of a tour group that has 30 people in it wait on line and then the rest come up all of a sudden and say I am with that person
:lol: It has happened once but the CMS were thankfully on top of it and told the other tour members they have to go to the back of the line and wait their turn

rosie.ca

ok here are situation I think are ok...
you are in line alone or with someone and lets say drop you camera and have to pick it up while moving slightly out of line ... you don't go anywhere you are just picking something up...

Or
you are with your group in line and lets say a child has to go to the bathroom or you want to throw you gum in the garbage or throw out you coke bottle or something ... if you are quick then I think it should be ok so long at the rest of your group hasn't signifigantly moved... like they are already loading on the ride or something

It is not ok to leave the line for a few minutes to go do something (or go to the bathroom when you are alone) and expect people to let you back in line

the important things are 1,is there anyone else in your party in the line, 2,how many people are joining this line (no way 1 person should hold a spot for like 30 people... i don't care if they had to go to the bathroom or not) 3,how long will you be out of the line

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
What isn't OK (IMHO) is for one person to hold spaces for more than 1 other. (apparently this is OK in Sao Paulo, however)

Actually, yeah, saving places in lines is a common thing here in Brazil, such as movie lines and stuff. It's not pretty though, and I'd never try it while at WDW. Heck, when people do it down here I frown, so...
I guess it's one thing to get in line to buy tickets for six others. Another thing entirely is fooling people behind you, who've been there for hours to get a good spot on a theater, show, whatever, thinking there's only 2 people in front of them when in reality there's 25 (actual story, happened on the premiere of Episode 1).

Summing up, I apologize to you, Shoes, on behalf of my rude compatriots, but as I've stated here before, 80% of the WDW Brazilian Guests are 14 to 17 year old kids who just don't speak English or barely nderstand it and who don't get any kind of preparation prior to visiting another country and another culture (that's a good way of saying they're foul-mouthed no-good spoiled mama's babies who've been away from her sight for the first time in years...)

TomDisney

I saw some kids once use that excuse to move through the line...my family is up there. After going through the entire line and got to the front, they started laughing because they thought they managed to cut the entire line that way. When some other people in line realized what they did, they informed some CMs who politely asked them to get to the back of the line. When they started to play dumb, they were then asked to either go to the back of the line or they could leave the park. Needless to say, they went to the end of the line much to the applause and cheers of the rest of the people standing on line!

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom