Rude Guest In Pre-shows

daveemtdave

Original Poster
I Am Not Sure If Anyone Else Has Encountered This. We Were In The Pre-show For The Haunted Mansion And We Had A Group Of Teens - Average Age Appeared To Be 15 - 16, Who Would Not Be Quiet For The Pre-show. They Were Talking Loudly, Pushing And Had A Cell Phone They Were Calling Friends To See Where They Were At In The Park. These Four Girls Were With An Adult, I Assume A Mother. Another Guest Asked Them To Please Be A Little Quieter Because They Were Trying To Enjoy The Pre-show. The 'mother' Said - 'my Kids Have Seen This Over And Over - It's Old And Boring To Them' --- The Gentleman With The Other Guest Said - They Had Never Seen It And Were Trying To Enjoy The Pre=show. Then The One Very Rude Teen Told Them To Go Back To Where They Live And When The Doors Opened, All Four Girls Pushed Their Way Through And The Mother Waddled Behind And Muttering Under Her Breath - They Actually Pushed Themselves To The Front Of The Line By Not Following The Actual Roped Path. We Walked In With This Other Couple And They Said That They Had Encountered This Same Family At Another Attraction And They Talked Throughout The Whole Ride. I Know This May Sound Rude, But If It Is Dull And Boring - Stay Away - Let The People Who Actually Want To Enjoy The Rides, Enjoy Them. I Can Understand Excitment - But This Whole Bunch Were Rude ==rude-- Rude== If My Girls Acted This Way, We Would Have Been On Our Way Home And They Would Not See The Light Of Day Except To Go To School -- This Other Couple Was Not Rude To The Girls, In Fact; I Thought They Were Rather Calm - Especially After Being Pushed As Hard As They Were - The Wife Was Pushed So Hard By These Girls That She Feel Into My Wife. The Nice Thing About All Of This, Is We Walked Up To Fantasyland With This Couple And That Was Rather Enjoyable.

Kurtj43

I see that all the time at TOT and Aerosmith. I guess people don't realize the purpose of the pre-shows is to take attention away from being in line...

vikkisicky

I encountered that at RnRc. There was a bunch of teenagers OLD teenagers 18-19. The oldest boy was trying to impress the girls in thier group and kept screaming vulgar words and saying this is boring sc**W this S*B. They had sooo many people complain about them when they got close to getting on the ride a person who boards people on the ride said "You will have to be quiet else whys you wont be alouded back on for the day!" I was cheering him on (Innside of course):p

I've seen people like this too..but since I'm 17..when I told them to be quiet, I got dirty looks and stares and smart remarks...I'm tired of kids like that making us all look rude

LiveItUp21

Account Suspended
Kurtj43 said:
I see that all the time at TOT and Aerosmith. I guess people don't realize the purpose of the pre-shows is to take attention away from being in line...

what about people who recite the entire pre show? :lookaroun

KevinPage

Dave,

How long did it take you to create this post? Capitalizing every word, OUCH. Would take me a year and a day to do that (and even longer to read)

:D :D :D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
daveemtdave said:
I Am Not Sure If Anyone Else Has Encountered This. We Were In The Pre-show For The Haunted Mansion And We Had A Group Of Teens - Average Age Appeared To Be 15 - 16, Who Would Not Be Quiet For The Pre-show. They Were Talking Loudly, Pushing And Had A Cell Phone They Were Calling Friends To See Where They Were At In The Park. These Four Girls Were With An Adult, I Assume A Mother. Another Guest Asked Them To Please Be A Little Quieter Because They Were Trying To Enjoy The Pre-show. The 'mother' Said - 'my Kids Have Seen This Over And Over - It's Old And Boring To Them' --- The Gentleman With The Other Guest Said - They Had Never Seen It And Were Trying To Enjoy The Pre=show. Then The One Very Rude Teen Told Them To Go Back To Where They Live And When The Doors Opened, All Four Girls Pushed Their Way Through And The Mother Waddled Behind And Muttering Under Her Breath - They Actually Pushed Themselves To The Front Of The Line By Not Following The Actual Roped Path. We Walked In With This Other Couple And They Said That They Had Encountered This Same Family At Another Attraction And They Talked Throughout The Whole Ride. I Know This May Sound Rude, But If It Is Dull And Boring - Stay Away - Let The People Who Actually Want To Enjoy The Rides, Enjoy Them. I Can Understand Excitment - But This Whole Bunch Were Rude ==rude-- Rude== If My Girls Acted This Way, We Would Have Been On Our Way Home And They Would Not See The Light Of Day Except To Go To School -- This Other Couple Was Not Rude To The Girls, In Fact; I Thought They Were Rather Calm - Especially After Being Pushed As Hard As They Were - The Wife Was Pushed So Hard By These Girls That She Feel Into My Wife. The Nice Thing About All Of This, Is We Walked Up To Fantasyland With This Couple And That Was Rather Enjoyable.

Ive got something wrong with my computer. All the first letters in your post were capitalized.....

Iakona

It is not just teenagers. In January we ran into several rude groups and many were adults. Usually I tried to ignore them, however when there was cursing in front of my son I made it very clear that it needed to stop. I am not exactly small so I generally got a quick head turn reaction and then silence when they noticed I was serious.

There are just some rude, no class peopel in the world, but I did not let them ruin our trip.

should-be-BELLE said:
I've seen people like this too..but since I'm 17..when I told them to be quiet, I got dirty looks and stares and smart remarks...I'm tired of kids like that making us all look rude

Laura

hakunamatata said:
Ive got something wrong with my computer. All the first letters in your post were capitalized.....

:lol: I think that's how he typed it - it took a lot of concentration for me to get through it because my mind kept thinking each word was a new sentence.

Anyway, some park guests are idiots. The ones that irritate me more than the rowdy teenagers are the noisy obnoxious mothers who feel the need to loudly complain about every little thing.

WDWKat26

KevinPage said:
Dave,

How long did it take you to create this post? Capitalizing every word, OUCH. Would take me a year and a day to do that (and even longer to read)

Hehe I couldn't help but think the same thing :lol:

Anyway, i'm 20 and yeah I can't stand teens who do all that stuff too. Especially at Tower when they're like "ooooh i'm scaaaaared!" usually I get smart and i'll say something back especially when you can tell that people are getting annoyed. What i'm surprised about is that if they were being so rude, usually there is a CM inside that room and i'm surprised they didn't say anything. If I was a CM at the Mansion I definitely would have walked up and said, "I understand that you've seen this show before, but please don't ruin it for our other guests who haven't". One part of the Disney Magic is being able to experience it, and if a CM doesn't say anything to rude guests, then to me they aren't keeping up with Disney standards. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
daveemtdave said:
I Am Not Sure If Anyone Else Has Encountered This. We Were In The Pre-show For The Haunted Mansion And We Had A Group Of Teens ...

I think I would have told them that if it was boaring to them to stay the heck off the ride. and when they started cutting in line. I would have made sure the CM knew it and had them removed. If that didnt work, I would have waited for them or found them after the ride, followed them and made their entire day a living hell.

Bump into them all the time. make sure we're right behind or in front of them at every ride they go to. follow them talking about them where they can hear us. Rember. Don't get mad, get even.

Rcoaster809

Im 19, and I think pre-shows are a great part of Disney attractions. I know many people do find them boring, but I like how they introduce the story. It is one of the many things that set Disney attractions apart from other rides. Plus the alternative could be standing outside in line.

Captain Hank

Actually, capitalizing every word is a feature of the forum--it automatically does that if the entire post has been written in caps. It appears that he wrote the entire post with Caps Lock on.

I can definately sympathize with you. I could barely hear the pre-show of the HM last time because of all of the people talking. If I ever encounter a particular guest like you described in the post, I definately think I would speak up and try to preserve the magic for the first-timers.

daveemtdave

Original Poster
Not That I Owe An Explaination But I Have Our Computer On Cap Lock Because We Use That For Passwords Into Our Ems Work Courses We Do At Home -- I Set It On Caps That Way I Don't Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There Are Times To Would Do No Good To Speak To The Cm -- Because The One Was Standing Right There And Just Said Nothing -- I Know He Was To Act Ghoulish But I Think He Just Didn't Appear To Care.

KevinPage

daveemtdave said:
Not That I Owe An Explaination But I Have Our Computer On Cap Lock Because We Use That For Passwords Into Our Ems Work Courses We Do At Home -- I Set It On Caps That Way I Don't Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would make every letter a capital letter then and for you to not have that, it would take even longer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

KevinPage

daveemtdave said:
Your Answer Makes No Sense To Me - I Know What My Computer Is Set On

Dave,

You said that your CAPS LOCK is always on, BUT not every letter in your post is CAPITALIZED, only the First Letter Of Each Word. So I didn't understand your explanation. CAPS LOCK WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THIS.

Does THAT Make senSe ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

dolbyman

KevinPage said:
Dave,

You said that your CAPS LOCK is always on, BUT not every letter in your post is CAPITALIZED, only the First Letter Of Each Word. So I didn't understand your explanation. CAPS LOCK WILL MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THIS.

Does THAT Make senSe ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmao :D

Number_6

I had a group of teens on Maelstrom that was just being rude. Five or six of them ran up to get in front of my family and I when we were getting into the line, but they had 8 more in their group, along with the father of one of them that ended up in line behind us because of it. One of them sqeezed through a space in the line barriers and when the line moved, walked the direction that she would have been going if she were in the correct place in line, so she was making the flow of traffic a little more difficult for the people that were where they were supposed to be, because now they had to push past someone. The father just gave it a sort of "Oh, well" kind of look, but didn't say anything. When we realized that the group behind us, with the father was part of the same group we just let them all go in front of us in the hopes of avoiding them on the actual ride. No such luck. We were in the same boat as them and had to deal with listening to them being annoying the whole time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom