Roy Disney opens the "new and improved" savedisney.com

CTXRover

Original Poster
Today, Roy Disney unveiled his new and quite professional version of savedisney.com. It is VERY nicely done and is lightyears ahead of the original version. A lot more info including very nice sections dedicated specifically to Vision, Families, Consumers, Stockholders and Employees. There is also a new slogan, SaveDisney.com: For Future Generations.

Be sure to check out this new site. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it and the it gives me a lot more confidence that Roy really means business, compared to the original version (which I myself thought was fake at first due to its unprofessional look).

Enjoy :)

CTXRover

Original Poster
Oh and if anyone is wondering, wdwmagic is now listed as one of the additional links. Its under the themepark heading. There are TONS of new links including to the various areas of the company such as theme parks, animation, Film, Finance and not just theme park related stuff as before.

I would like to think I was maybe just a tiny, *little* bit of help as many of the suggestions I gave him to improve his old site in my letter of support have been incorporated. It was a long list of suggestions, but I don't want to take any credit as I'm sure they've got professionals who designed the site. Its just neat to see that I was on the right track on critiquing a website, who knew that college English class I had where we had to critique sites would come in so handy :lol:

Gregory

Sites like that make me proud to be an internet user :lookaroun

Um... anyways... it really does look great... I have to look around a little more, but so far I like what I see!

Its an amazing site- I never expected something like this...

I just hope the keep a professional attitude, and stay away from name-calling..

I'm still in shock at how beautiful the site is... one of the best designed ones I've ever seen...

NemoRocks78

Seized
I got a link to it in an email from Roy, and this site is AMAZING! Absolutely wonderful.

I love this quote---"And how about something NEW for a change? How many more Tower of Terrors can they build?" :lol:

DisneySaint

Doubts

Forgive me for being stubborn here. I just still have my doubts. It's obviously not done ONLY by Stanley Gold and Roy Disney, for starters. Second, I don't see any concrete evidence that it is, in fact, the two above. (Although I assume it'd be illegal to misquote someone). And finally, I'm not exactly sure what they hope to accomplish by doing this. If they are both out of the company, they both have no influence except maybe on the morale of current employees. Nothing they say or critisize can be changed instantly as if they were in Eisner's seat.
Don't get me wrong - the site is a bold statement and terrific, but I still wonder where the motives and even the authors lie.

Shaman

The new site is great...and in many ways makes it more legitimate...it was hard to think that Roy and Stan were affiliated with the first site, so its nice to see the new site's fresh and more professional look for the save disney cause.

:sohappy:

WDWspider

Re: Doubts

Originally posted by DisneyJoey
Forgive me for being stubborn here. I just still have my doubts. It's obviously not done ONLY by Stanley Gold and Roy Disney, for starters. Second, I don't see any concrete evidence that it is, in fact, the two above. (Although I assume it'd be illegal to misquote someone). And finally, I'm not exactly sure what they hope to accomplish by doing this. If they are both out of the company, they both have no influence except maybe on the morale of current employees. Nothing they say or critisize can be changed instantly as if they were in Eisner's seat.
Don't get me wrong - the site is a bold statement and terrific, but I still wonder where the motives and even the authors lie.

It has been verified by others to be legit.

Katherine

Cool site! ON their homepage they have a quote of the day or somethign like it and I found this and I thought it was very cool:

January 14, 2004

"I am sorry to hear of the events at Disney. But as my daughter and I agree, Disney is not the Board. Disney is a verb. It means 'to create'."

-- John Rider
:sohappy:

Shaman

Forgive me.... If they are both out of the company, they both have no influence except maybe on the morale of current employees. Nothing they say or critisize can be changed instantly as if they were in Eisner's seat.

Roy did this way back when and was able to boot the man in charge and bring in EISNER....everything worked out....but things change; out of the company both Disney and Gold are able to do more for their cause...they have influence not only among CMs and other Disney employees, but also have influence on stock holders who above all else want to secure their investments....alot is said when there is no longer a DISNEY on the board of a company called The Walt Disney Company....who would care more about the direction of the Disney Company....a man named Eisner or a man name Disney?

TURKEY

Actually, between the two of them, they have a large number of shares and votes. They still hold a good bit of power. I'd even say they have more now (being able to speak out) than when they were on the board.

General Grizz

A beautiful site reflects a beautiful vision.

SaveDisney.Com is one of the most attractive websites I've ever seen. I wonder if Zac (MSU) helped out. :lookaroun

SIMPLY AMAZING!

It has something for everyone. Heck, it even has those quotes I've posted in the sig for the past year! :lol:

I am truly proud. I can spend five minutes on the crap Disney.com presents. Save Disney is so addicting, I'll reread every site.

GO ROY AND STAN! :sohappy:

General Grizz

A beautiful site reflects a beautiful vision.

SaveDisney.Com is one of the most attractive websites I've ever seen. I wonder if Zac (MSU) helped out. :lookaroun

SIMPLY AMAZING!

It has something for everyone. Heck, it even has those quotes I've posted in the sig for the past year! :lol:

I am truly proud. I can spend five minutes on the crap Disney.com presents. Save Disney is so addicting, I'll reread every site.

GO ROY AND STAN! :sohappy:

Figment1986

Amazing what they can do when the had the template site up for that time, so they could get the real one put to gether and debuted, wonderfull. I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom