Roundup BBQ

UNCgolf

"Truly great BBQ" is SOOOOO subjective, and I would venture to say, geographically determined.
I'm in KC, where BBQ is nothing like Texas or NC. Now we've added Florida BBQ to the mix.

That's not what I meant. I'm not talking about regional styles -- I'm talking about the highest quality versions of regional styles. Polite Pig isn't a new kind of BBQ (nor is anything else Disney is serving); it just does existing styles very well for a Disney Springs QS location.

HouCuseChickie

Did OP ever clarify what they were expecting? I realize BBQ varies based on region/type, but the only traditional meats that are missing are pulled pork and turkey. As a long-time TX resident, it's all OK as long as there's brisket. Of course, there's no chopped brisket option, but you can DIY that with the sliced brisket if it's really important to you. That being said, if you are in a state/area known for BBQ (TX, Memphis, Carolina, etc.) you're probably going to need to go in with lowered expectations. It's not meant to be negative...just realistic. When I think BBQ here, I think of a place that opens at 11am to a big line, sells out of the most popular stuff early, and closes as soon as they're sold out of everything...which often is well before dinner.

jasminethecat

Unfortunately OP may be from my (current) home state of NC where people refer to pulled pork only as BBQ. And by the sounds of it they never made it out of Maybury to see other parts of the country and realize that the word BBQ refers to a style and not one specific thing.

That said NC pulled pork BBQ is amazing on its own, with vinegar sauce or tomato based bbq sauce.

Prince-1

Did OP ever clarify what they were expecting? I realize BBQ varies based on region/type, but the only traditional meats that are missing are pulled pork and turkey. As a long-time TX resident, it's all OK as long as there's brisket. Of course, there's no chopped brisket option, but you can DIY that with the sliced brisket if it's really important to you. That being said, if you are in a state/area known for BBQ (TX, Memphis, Carolina, etc.) you're probably going to need to go in with lowered expectations. It's not meant to be negative...just realistic. When I think BBQ here, I think of a place that opens at 11am to a big line, sells out of the most popular stuff early, and closes as soon as they're sold out of everything...which often is well before dinner.

Nope. Just another new member who starts a thread and never comes back again to contribute.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The restaurant may very well fallback on the addition of pulled pork... for reasons. I suspect prices will be adjusted down too once guests realize it's not the restaurant they thought. @wdwmagic's comment about noise comes into play as well. Disney's going for family style but they're likely to alienate and deter families on food options and cost. I suspect the menu will either be retooled or the "experience" will be geared more toward the "Disney adult." I kind of think they're missing the target demo with this thing but we'll see.

I think Pulled Pork is seen as more QS but I'm not ruling out it being included at a later date.

UNCgolf

Unfortunately OP may be from my (current) home state of NC where people refer to pulled pork only as BBQ. And by the sounds of it they never made it out of Maybury to see other parts of the country and realize that the word BBQ refers to a style and not one specific thing.

That said NC pulled pork BBQ is amazing on its own, with vinegar sauce or tomato based bbq sauce.

I'm from NC (although I don't live there now) and while BBQ definitely generally refers to pulled pork there, I don't think many people think that's the ONLY use for BBQ. Maybe in the more rural areas.

Funnily enough, I don't care much for pulled pork. I like most other kinds of smoked meats better; pulled pork has always felt like a sauce delivery device to me (i.e. the pulled pork itself is bland) whereas most other smoked BBQ doesn't need sauce if it's made well -- I'd actually argue using sauce makes them worse because it covers up the amazing flavor that already exists.

rtmachine

Meal Pricing​

Range reflects the average price of adult dinner entrées (breakfast and lunch generally cost less), except Character Dining locations, buffet locations, dinner shows, and special dining events where range reflects the average adult price of entire meal and non-alcoholic beverages. Range excludes alcoholic beverages, taxes and gratuities except at dinner shows where beer and wine, taxes and gratuities are included.
Lunch Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)
Dinner Menu – $$$ ($35 to $59.99 per adult)

Andy’s Rodeo Playtime​

Discover what it feels like to be one of Andy’s honorary toys. At Roundup Rodeo BBQ, you will be surrounded by Andy’s rodeo at play––everything from western towns and train station playsets.
Plus, take a gander at images of popular characters, including a larger-than-life display of Jessie riding on the back of a Trixie pull toy! You can also view a scene of Bo Peep and her sheep posed to perform in the rodeo.
Grab a meal and enjoy a whimsical kaleidoscope of toys, games and playsets!

Weather_Lady

"Truly great BBQ" is SOOOOO subjective, and I would venture to say, geographically determined.
I'm in KC, where BBQ is nothing like Texas or NC. Now we've added Florida BBQ to the mix.
Absolutely! It's like pizza: everybody likes it the way it's made at home, and it's going to be impossible to please a majority.

Heck, I'm from upstate NY, and we even have our own regional style of BBQ, and a raft of locally-produced craft sauces, spice rubs, etc. to accompany the various meats. I always enjoy the various Southern styles (I've never met a style of BBQ I didn't like), but I still prefer the way they do it at home. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom