ROTR has really changed my mind about SWGE.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have not even been on it but from the videos I've seen wow just wo. It absolutely blew me away!
Now THIS is what I had hoped for from Disney.
I think SWGE would have done so much better had they opened the land when this ride opened.
I'm not even a big Star Wars fan but I plan to ride this during my next trip.

eliza61nyc

I try hard not to pan something before even trying it. lol I still hear my mothers voice in my head when she was trying to get us to eat new vegetables, "You haven't even tasted it for crying out loud"!! ;)

anyhoo, a lot of people poo-poo the slinky dog roller coaster to the point where I wasn't going to try it. glad I did, I like the ride.

I too think they should have waited until every thing was done and had one big grand opening.

JIMINYCR

It does look amazing and all the reviews so far are very very good. They definitely would have gotten better opinions of the land had they waited to open with both attractions operational but at least a lot of people have been able to go through the land and experience it, that otherwise would have missed out. Theyve avoided the massive waves of people who would have stormed the park trying to do both.

BoarderPhreak

It hasn't so much changed my opinion of SWGE per se, but it definitely changes the equation. The land feels more complete now - and less of a strip mall.

I'd still like to see all the interactive characters that have been out lately to continue... Extra stormtroopers, occasionally with Kylo Ren walking around, Chewbacca making more appearances, Vi Moradi and even Rey, sneaking around the Millennium Falcon. This makes a HUGE difference, IMO.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It definitely fills in that big empty space you had to run through when you entered via Grand Avenue to reach anything that was actually worth seeing, but right now with the folks milling about waiting for boarding groups it detracts from it ALOT. Thematically, there's no reason for folks to be gathering there, no market place, food stalls, just randos with their phones out.

erasure fan1

I honestly don't fathom the idea that SWGE isn't a huge SUCCESS! Way to go, imagineers...
A great ride makes all the difference. People judging galaxys edge, did so on what was presented to them. At that time it wasn't the huge success Disney wanted. I've said from the start it should have opened all at once. And if they would have done that, the entire perception of this project changes. So will it now become a huge success? Probably. But that doesn't change the fact that they tripped and fell out of the gate. Hopefully this is the start to a lot of the little issues being ironed out.

Brad Bishop

It hasn't so much changed my opinion of SWGE per se, but it definitely changes the equation. The land feels more complete now - and less of a strip mall.

I'd still like to see all the interactive characters that have been out lately to continue... Extra stormtroopers, occasionally with Kylo Ren walking around, Chewbacca making more appearances, Vi Moradi and even Rey, sneaking around the Millennium Falcon. This makes a HUGE difference, IMO.

I've seen the videos. I like everything about it. The fact that you enter your transporter and end up on an Imperial Ship, then, and I think I like this best: You're treated as prisoners...

The best thing about this: It tells a story. In addition, it doesn't go overly goofy in the simulation sequences like every other sim-ride.

The ONLY part they goofed up on was Kylo Ren in the "about to get sucked into space" bit. He looks goofy there. That can be fixed, though.

Joesixtoe

This ride showed me that Disney wanted you to really live out your star wars adventure on Galaxy's Edge. So everything needs to be immersive. That's cool, but I think because of that, we won't be seeing any coasters anytime soon. This land needs that thrill ride for the average non star wars fan guests.

mm52200

This ride showed me that Disney wanted you to really live out your star wars adventure on Galaxy's Edge. So everything needs to be immersive. That's cool, but I think because of that, we won't be seeing any coasters anytime soon. This land needs that thrill ride for the average non star wars fan guests.
Mmmmmm no it doesn’t. Disney doesn’t have to cater to the average guest that just wants a coaster and this land is so much more than that...also the park already has RNRC and ToT.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A great ride makes all the difference. People judging galaxys edge, did so on what was presented to them. At that time it wasn't the huge success Disney wanted. I've said from the start it should have opened all at once. And if they would have done that, the entire perception of this project changes. So will it now become a huge success? Probably. But that doesn't change the fact that they tripped and fell out of the gate. Hopefully this is the start to a lot of the little issues being ironed out.

I watched the video and look forward to riding it...for sure.

I still think their choice to theme it about a reboot was poor...time will tell if that matters as the ST fades away...very quickly.

I think they could and should have done a full open...in the end they hurt themselves more by doing a premature opening than if they had delayed...but at least now we see the whole package.

I do not know, however, if overtime the choice to do this “theme” in the junkport will be proven to be correct? I think addition and/or retheme will still be the way to make the land’s more palatable longterm.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Mmmmmm no it doesn’t. Disney doesn’t have to cater to the average guest that just wants a coaster and this land is so much more than that...also the park already has RNRC and ToT.
MGM is still an under-equipped park...a problem since day 1.

To say that Disney “doesn’t” have to do anything in that park is not based in reality. 3 of their 4 parks still need more to be enjoyable in the future.

Don’t shut any doors on your own fingers

Joesixtoe

Don't get me wrong, I like the overall feel of the land much more than I did before because of RotR. Does the land still lack the extra kinetic energy? Yeah I think so. Also I believe a decent thrill ride, (nothing crazy) would just make that land consistantly packed. Or just add much more to that ending on RotR...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't get me wrong, I like the overall feel of the land much more than I did before because of RotR. Does the land still lack the extra kinetic energy? Yeah I think so. Also I believe a decent thrill ride, (nothing crazy) would just make that land consistantly packed. Or just add much more to that ending on RotR...

I still think it’s criminal that for 33 years Disney has not built a Star Wars based ride that is NOT more gravity based than a simulator...

It’s always been headscratching.

What’s next? Trying to make Star Wars movies that actively crap on the original formula that worked?? 😳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom