RotR: Disney is still not at Universal's level

Incomudro

I'd love that, my wife wouldn't. The thing is I believe Disney didn't want too make such a fantastic ride but then restrict those who could ride it based on there being a big drop at the end. If it's big drops people want, there's a ride a 5 minute walk away that was built specifically for that purpose. They've created a family ride with excitement, but not too much that it puts people off riding it. You only have to look on this board to see there's people who don't want 'white knuckle' rides and I believe a ride this good shouldn't have any part to it that stops a chunk of guests refusing to ride it.

Some may agree, some won't but I personally feel a ride of this magnitude shouldn't contain parts that stop a large number of guests riding it. I don't believe that Disney have ever advertised it in a way that made people think or expect a ''white knuckle' aspect, it's a shame if people guessed it would be but there you go I suppose. For those who want that then go on TOT or RNR, leave the best ride in the park for everyone to ride I say.

I haven't ridden RotR yet, but as a lover of ToT - yeah, I would love a huge thrilling drop in RotR.
However, I realize why Disney wouldn't do it.
Star Wars has a huge age range that it caters to, and much of that age range contains little kids.
Yes, some pretty little kids ride ToT and love it, but as you said - people know what they are getting into there.
Disney certainly wouldn't want to exclude a large chunk of potential riders here.
There are likely to be quite a lot of older riders in the Star Wars segment as well.
I myself am 56, and while I'm in great shape and will ride the thrill rides - there are many Star Wars fans over 60, who no longer can or will ride such rides.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
ironic.jpg

The lead designer for Spiderman, Forbidden Journey and others was Scott Trowbridge.

Disney specifically hired him away from Universal so he could work on projects such as...Rise of the Resistance. So basically, you're comparing the creator's works against his previous works and I disagree with your assessment.

There are many things at work when creating an attraction and I think ROTR nails it in every way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
ironic.jpg

The lead designer for Spiderman, Forbidden Journey and others was Scott Trowbridge.

Disney specifically hired him away from Universal so he could work on projects such as...Rise of the Resistance. So basically, you're comparing the creator's works against his previous works and I disagree with your assessment.

There are many things at work when creating an attraction and I think ROTR nails it in every way.
Of course...nailed it

But there is that one thing that’s a problem

totchos

Rode RotR the other day. Im sorry but imo they arent in the same league. I havent seen people react to a ride like that in a long time.

Tonto

I think that’s fair and is a common refrain.

The feel of wdw is always what has drawn the repeat Visits...it ain’t Peter Pan 🤪

But what I point out is that “feel” was constructed by past leadership....the last 15 years has not added a ton of ancillary feel outside the parks.

Really bland dvcs has been the “pattern” of late
Why do you come to this forum? I read some of your posts and they are overtly negative and in some cases factually incorrect, so I ask are you a Disney fan or do you just come here to spew negativity?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why do you come to this forum? I read some of your posts and they are overtly negative and in some cases factually incorrect, so I ask are you a Disney fan or do you just come here to spew negativity?
I’ve explained this many times before...so here it is again:

I am a tremendous fan of Disney design, architecture, and even SOME Of their business practices. They have done some fantastic things and undoubtedly will continue to do so.

Want a recent one? The lantern scene in Tangled. Just spectacular and emotionally captivating. For all ages.
Another? I was so so skeptical of Pandora...and they did a fantastic job. Classic Disney imagineering on display in the results.

But not all...and I see longterm erosion of value, quality, and prestige by the decisions of this current management.

You honestly don’t deserve an “explanation”...but I gave it anyway. I’ve paid my dues 10x over...but I can’t turn my brain off and bandie around talking about “Magic”. So we have to accept everything slung our way as consumers? That’s how the “free market” works?
No. Not correct.

To each their own...happy holidays.

By the way...what you quoted was rather bland...I can be very much more opinionated than that - notably with Star Wars. The intent is just to show a perspective, however, not to convince anyone.

I say it all the time: i enjoy it when I’m proven wrong by Disney...and love it when someone presents points that make me change my mind. It is a discussion board.

Last edited:

Tonto

I’ve explained this many times before...so here it is again:

I am a tremendous fan of Disney design, architecture, and even SOME Of their business practices. They have done some fantastic things and undoubtedly will continue to do so.

Want a recent one? The lantern scene in Tangled. Just spectacular and emotionally captivating. For all ages.
Another? I was so so skeptical of Pandora...and they did a fantastic job. Classic Disney imagineering on display in the results.

But not all...and I see longterm erosion of value, quality, and prestige by the decisions of this current management.

You honestly don’t deserve an “explanation”...but I gave it anyway. I’ve paid my dues 10x over...but I can’t turn my brain off and bandie around talking about “Magic”. So we have to accept everything sling our way as consumers? That’s how the “free market” works?
No. Not correct.

To each their own...happy holidays.

By the way...what you quoted was rather bland...I can be very much more opinionated than that - notably with Star Wars. The intent is just to show a perspective, however, not to convince anyone.

I say it all the time: i enjoy it when I’m proven wrong by Disney...and love it when someone presents points that make me change my mind. It is a discussion board.
All those words and they feel so insincere. I stand by my bland initial statement. Good day sir.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Loving every single thing that Disney does isn't a requirement for entry. I believe you want another forum if that's the content that you're looking for.

Tonto

Loving every single thing that Disney does isn't a requirement for entry. I believe you want another forum if that's the content that you're looking for.
Wow you got all that from my post. Good job, on extrapolating a narrative that you want to spin.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All those words and they feel so insincere. I stand by my bland initial statement. Good day sir.
You can disagree with “my truth”...but I never stand in the way of a person’s right to be incorrect. Case in point.
Funny...that was the rep of this forum. But it’s not the case and I think that leads to greater overall civility here. Mostly.

Maybe when your travel agency doesn’t depend on a police state, eh? 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom