ROTR boarding question

retroeric

Original Poster
App says 7am boarding queue distribution is all gone. How can it be gone if the park doesn't open till 9am? I thought guests can't reserve times until after they're in the park.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
App says 7am boarding queue distribution is all gone. How can it be gone if the park doesn't open till 9am? I thought guests can't reserve times until after they're in the park.

There have been many different methods used since the ride opened. Currently the method is 7am anyone with a Hollywood Studios park reservation can attempt to get a boarding party from anywhere. The 1 PM lottery is only for those who have passed the turnstiles that day.

retroeric

Original Poster
There have been many different methods used since the ride opened. Currently the method is 7am anyone with a Hollywood Studios park reservation can attempt to get a boarding party from anywhere. The 1 PM lottery is only for those who have passed the turnstiles that day.
Well I'm glad I was notified of this pretty significant change. SW day already ruined before it's even started.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Well I'm glad I was notified of this pretty significant change. SW day already ruined before it's even started.
A member, @DCBaker, has been keeping track daily of the times for many months now. Usually gone within a matter of 10 seconds at 7am each day. Next chance is at 1pm. Best of luck at 1pm..... Tip, at 1pm use DATA not park wifi. And have MDE up and ready on the screednat least 3 minutes before 1pm. Keep hitting refresh about 12:59

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This has been in place since at least April.

That's pretty much how it's been for a very long time. Have you not done any research at all?
…but some people don’t obsess over such things. And that’s ok…more ok…actually.

to the OP: get the world clock up on a phone and go into the app and be ready to hit join at 13:00:00…

you’ll most like get the second call sometime in the early evening.

the 7 am is somewhat crap…and not reflective of the low crowds at wdw now. Good luck and have a good day

retroeric

Original Poster
A member, @DCBaker, has been keeping track daily of the times for many months now. Usually gone within a matter of 10 seconds at 7am each day. Next chance is at 1pm. Best of luck at 1pm..... Tip, at 1pm use DATA not park wifi. And have MDE up and ready on the screednat least 3 minutes before 1pm. Keep hitting refresh about 12:59
Thanks, but the plans are already ruined. Have to leave the park at 3:00pm. That would mean I'd need a boarding by 2:00pm or earlier, and that's highly unlikely now.

WDW guest satisfaction ratings have to be at an all-time low. The parking lots are practically EMPTY this week and yet it's STILL 60+ minute waits for many things and STILL nearly impossible to get ROTR boarding times. Combine that with hour long phone hold times, no one responding to the chat, and the whole experience is just miserable now. I know it's not all their fault, but my god the enjoyment of the parks is just completely overshadowed by the anxiety, frustration, and disappointment that they make you go through now. The fun is just zapped out.

Muffinpants

Thanks, but the plans are already ruined. Have to leave the park at 3:00pm. That would mean I'd need a boarding by 2:00pm or earlier, and that's highly unlikely now.

WDW guest satisfaction ratings have to be at an all-time low. The parking lots are practically EMPTY this week and yet it's STILL 60+ minute waits for many things and STILL nearly impossible to get ROTR boarding times. Combine that with hour long phone hold times, no one responding to the chat, and the whole experience is just miserable now. I know it's not all their fault, but my god the enjoyment of the parks is just completely overshadowed by the anxiety, frustration, and disappointment that they make you go through now. The fun is just zapped out.
I am sorry your day hit a bump. But even if you knew what to do at 7am the chances of a bg were still small. So to put all the "joy" of your day on one ride was kinda the mistake here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sorry to hear that…doesn’t sound good at all.

if it matters…I’ve been on that ride twice…meh

JohnD

Yeah. Sorry you missed the 7am window but I'd still try the 1pm window anyway. You know when you have to leave so better to take a chance and possibly get a window for 1-2 than not at all. (Slim, I know, but you won't know unless you try.)

retroeric

Original Poster
I am sorry your day hit a bump. But even if you knew what to do at 7am the chances of a bg were still small. So to put all the "joy" of your day on one ride was kinda the mistake here.
Nephew and niece are here visiting and have been to Galaxy's Edge but never ROTR. Plan was to get to the gate at around 8:00am and be among the first in the park and immediately reserve a boarding time. Both previous times I did this I got 10:30am and 11:00am, so it was reasonable to assume that on the #1 least busiest week of the year (week after Labor Day) that I could do that again. Of course, I didn't know they changed the entire distribution procedure to 7am and outside the park.

But yeah, the entire day was pretty much centered on this one ride because they hadn't seen it before. Normally I would just say "No biggie, we'll try tomorrow and do it correctly". But of course there are no reservations available for tomorrow.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Basing your entire day on whether you get to ride one attraction is a bit much, don't you think? Some people think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I have to agree with @Sirwalterraleigh that the ride is only meh. Other attractions are much better.

Muffinpants

Nephew and niece are here visiting and have been to Galaxy's Edge but never ROTR. Plan was to get to the gate at around 8:00am and be among the first in the park and immediately reserve a boarding time. Both previous times I did this I got 10:30am and 11:00am, so it was reasonable to assume that on the #1 least busiest week of the year (week after Labor Day) that I could do that again. Of course, I didn't know they changed the entire distribution procedure to 7am and outside the park.

But yeah, the entire day was pretty much centered on this one ride because they hadn't seen it before. Normally I would just say "No biggie, we'll try tomorrow and do it correctly". But of course there are no reservations available for tomorrow.
But than again if you center the trip around this ride.. and never once checked the way to get on it in over a year. Especially with how they make changes to things everyday. Again I am sorry but I don't see this as being Disney's fault. Yes it sucks we can't just get on rides we want I am 100% with you with that.. but saddly just not how it is. And soon it will be much harder to get on the ride with prolly half the free bg being eaten by IA$

retroeric

Original Poster
But than again if you center the trip around this ride.. and never once checked the way to get on it in over a year. Especially with how they make changes to things everyday. Again I am sorry but I don't see this as being Disney's fault. Yes it sucks we can't just get on rides we want I am 100% with you with that.. but saddly just not how it is. And soon it will be much harder to get on the ride with prolly half the free bg being eaten by IA$
What is IA$?

JohnD

Ordinarily I would say do your research but in your defense, WDW doesn't make it easy. I had to dig to finally get to info about the 7am and 1pm boarding groups:

To find it I had to:
  1. Go to the website and search for Rise of the Resistance
  2. Click on "Virtual Queue"
  3. Click on "Learn more about the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance"
Finally! Info on 7am and 1pm boarding groups.

This info should be directly on WDW Rise of the Resistance page. WDW really should make this info more readily available to guests.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Basing your entire day on whether you get to ride one attraction is a bit much, don't you think? Some people think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I have to agree with @Sirwalterraleigh that the ride is only meh. Other attractions are much better.
Granted…but this is still gross mismanagement on Disney’s part. Build stuff…get off your butts
What is IA$?
The new pay to play rides

you pay a ticket for the rides…then you pay to actually go on the rides…great idea, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom