"Rossen Reports" on Disney

Hot Lava

bsiev1977 said:
Where did you see this "rumor?" I've seen nothing even remotely resembling this.​
Online articles back as far as 2007 talk about the Disney Fastpass patent and a level of tiers based on resort level.
I have seen it several places online,but couldn't quote you as to where. There is also a passage about this in the Unofficial Guide.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Where did you see this "rumor?" I've seen nothing even remotely resembling this.

This was speculation early on how how Disney would monetize the system... buy using it as a lure to upsell people into higher tiered resorts. Disney hasn't said anything about it.. but it was fueled by speculation by people like '74

DisneyJoe

This was speculation early on how how Disney would monetize the system... buy using it as a lure to upsell people into higher tiered resorts. Disney hasn't said anything about it.. but it was fueled by speculation by people like '74

Disney filed a patent on how specifically it could be done.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...7,720,718.PN.&OS=PN/7,720,718&RS=PN/7,720,718

as well as this forum post

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/next-generation-fastpass.597412/

"mentioned in the patent are hierarchy levels where guests staying at more expensive (deluxe) hotels might get more preferential access to advance fastpass reservations compared to those staying at a value. "

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney filed a patent on how specifically it could be done.

While I appreciate that, and I can see how my comment would seem counter to that, what I should have said is 'disney has not made any announcements about doing this with FP+ yet'

I don't put much weight into the patent text as it relates to the installation. You write the patent to defend your potential applications - not to what you necessarily are implementing.

DisneyJoe

While I appreciate that, and I can see how my comment would seem counter to that, what I should have said is 'disney has not made any announcements about doing this with FP+ yet'

Understood - and they won't until they are ready to roll it out, as I am sure you know.

jenn47

I think that they should give Resort guests priority over people staying off property.
But to break it out based on the hotel you stay to me is BS.

Personally, and I don't mean to offend anyone, I don't understand why someone would go to Disney and stay at a luxury hotel to get a massage and play golf if you can go to nicer places at much cheaper prices.
To me a hotel at Disney is a place to sleep and rest...I couldn't care less if it has a spa. Let's, face it a Disney vacation is not about rest, you're walking all the time. LOL

I don't think anyone no matter where they are staying or how much it costs should get priority. I'm a resident with annual passes who sleeps in my house every night! But I also fork out plenty for those passes plus food etc while in the parks. I don't think a vacationer staying on site should be allowed to enjoy their experience more than my kids and myself. If you paid to enter the park, you should be able to have the same experience as everyone else.

bsiev1977

I don't think anyone no matter where they are staying or how much it costs should get priority. I'm a resident with annual passes who sleeps in my house every night! But I also fork out plenty for those passes plus food etc while in the parks. I don't think a vacationer staying on site should be allowed to enjoy their experience more than my kids and myself. If you paid to enter the park, you should be able to have the same experience as everyone else.
Sorry, I disagree. You, with your annual pass, get to be at the parks pretty much as often as you care to drive over. The out of town vacationer may only get there once every several years, or only once ever. That is why on site guests SHOULD get the perks that they do.

luv

I don't think vacationers deserve FPs more than locals, lol, but I do think it's okay for Disney and Uni to give these things to hotel people and to sell them to the rest of us.

I'm very happy with the way Uni does it. Works well for Uni, their hotel guests and me. :) (Doubt Disney will have an equally good plan, though.)

bsiev1977

I don't think vacationers deserve FPs more than locals, lol, but I do think it's okay for Disney and Uni to give these things to hotel people and to sell them to the rest of us.

I'm very happy with the way Uni does it. Works well for Uni, their hotel guests and me. :) (Doubt Disney will have an equally good plan, though.)
I like how Uni does it too. Imagine the uproar though if Disney adopted a similar system, since staying at a Uni hotel basically gives you an unlimited FP. I will happily be using such access for a day at the start of my time in Orlando this December.

moonwishes2013

I like the ideas Yoda.

I know this probably sounds bad, but everytime I see a GAC pulled out I wonder if its legit. Watching this report did not help my suspicions.

Yes, & this is what makes it bad for those that need GAC, my daughter is a Make A Wish child, we had a GAC on our MAW trip, & we over heard people make rude comments plenty of times, I have a thick skin, but my DH does not, he just wanted to leave the park.

We were able to make a second trip to Disney World for our Daughters 5th birthday, she is in remission, & she had been wanting to go back to Disney, so we decided that it was a perfect time to go again. We got a GAC again, along with a wheelchair pass for our stroller, again rude remarks, I ignored them, & told my husband to ignore them too, we were making awesome memories & celebrating our Darling Daughters birthday ( to look at my child, you would not know she has health issues). God Willing, we will be able to make another trip again, & yes for my DD, I will be getting a GAC, because she is very important to me,& this is a way for her to visit the parks. We only stay a half a day, she gets to tired.

Please think twice before you judge, you would not want to be in our shoes.

bsiev1977

Yes, & this is what makes it bad for those that need GAC, my daughter is a Make A Wish child, we had a GAC on our MAW trip, & we over heard people make rude comments plenty of times, I have a thick skin, but my DH does not, he just wanted to leave the park.

We were able to make a second trip to Disney World for our Daughters 5th birthday, she is in remission, & she had been wanting to go back to Disney, so we decided that it was a perfect time to go again. We got a GAC again, along with a wheelchair pass for our stroller, again rude remarks, I ignored them, & told my husband to ignore them too, we were making awesome memories & celebrating our Darling Daughters birthday ( to look at my child, you would not know she has health issues). God Willing, we will be able to make another trip again, & yes for my DD, I will be getting a GAC, because she is very important to me,& this is a way for her to visit the parks. We only stay a half a day, she gets to tired.

This is my main idea when I post in threads on this topic. The GAC is an essential piece of the Disney vacation puzzle for many people. Like you said, cheaters cause people to mistrust people like you, who are using it legitimately. Me personally, I would never make rude comments about someone with a GAC. I have firsthand knowledge that many disabilities are non-apparent to the casual viewer.

MattC

Original Poster

I'm sorry that you guys had to suffer through the rude comments. But, I'm happy that you guys have been able to enjoy Disney and that the GAC is available for those who need it. Sadly, those who abuse the system not only take advantage of those in the standby line, but make things difficult for those who truly need a GAC. As everyone has pointed out in this thread, and many threads before, it really reads correcting.

jenn47

Sorry, I disagree. You, with your annual pass, get to be at the parks pretty much as often as you care to drive over. The out of town vacationer may only get there once every several years, or only once ever. That is why on site guests SHOULD get the perks that they do.

Soooooo, i'm to be penalized because of geography??? Take a look at how much annual passes cost, times that by 6 (the size of my family) and it equals the amount of a vacation at least..trust me. I'm a paying Disney customer just like you or anyone else. We should all have the same opportunity for the same perks. And if I and other annual pass holders (and trust me we generate alot of dollars for Disney) have to wait an hour plus in line EVERY time to ride something, I won't be renewing.

bsiev1977

Soooooo, i'm to be penalized because of geography??? Take a look at how much annual passes cost, times that by 6 (the size of my family) and it equals the amount of a vacation at least..trust me. I'm a paying Disney customer just like you or anyone else. We should all have the same opportunity for the same perks. And if I and other annual pass holders (and trust me we generate alot of dollars for Disney) have to wait an hour plus in line EVERY time to ride something, I won't be renewing.
Since you obviously don't see the difference as I pointed it out, I'm going to drop out of this conversation with you. No point in repeating the same thing over and over.

jenn47

Since you obviously don't see the difference as I pointed it out, I'm going to drop out of this conversation with you. No point in repeating the same thing over and over.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, honestly and I apologize if I seemed as if I were. It's just I pay alot of money for my passes, and with school and work, no we can't just go whenever we feel like it. Staying at a hotel and doing it the traditional way doesn't make sense when we live so close. We average once a month going, that equals 12 days a year, which isn't all that much more than a traditional vacation. I just want my kids, who love it there just as much as anyone elses, to be able to have the same good time as lucky vacationers. Not spending it all day in line. And again, apologies if I said anything offensive.

Ginzuishou

One of the "tour guides" in the WDW story is in an ECV....

OH, yes, i understand there are many types of disabilities. I guess I was talking about the people in the video specifically. As in, is their condition really a disability when it doesn't seem to affect them at all.... aside from the "tour gide" in the ecv

but anyway.......continue on :)

natatomic

Today, I saw a family of three with a GAC, and every time they came to ride "Attraction X," they had different people with them - a random party of 2 or 3, since they're GAC was only good for 6. It didn't seem like they were getting paid for it, more like a misguided attempt to make some magic for fellow guests. But they don't realize they're only making the problem worse. The FP/Standby ratios are based on very specific numbers, and inflating the FP line with guests who have no disabilities only makes both lines longer.

moonwishes2013

Today, I saw a family of three with a GAC, and every time they came to ride "Attraction X," they had different people with them - a random party of 2 or 3, since they're GAC was only good for 6. It didn't seem like they were getting paid for it, more like a misguided attempt to make some magic for fellow guests. But they don't realize they're only making the problem worse. The FP/Standby ratios are based on very specific numbers, and inflating the FP line with guests who have no disabilities only makes both lines longer.

When you go to guest services to get your GAC, you have to tell them HOW MANY is in your party, then it is written on your GAC, the CM are to check it to see how many is in your party, you can have less, in case some of your party does not want to ride that ride but you can not have more than your card says. But of course there is a chance someone is counting on a CM to not checking it.

natatomic

^Of course you have to tell them how many, but that doesn't mean it has to be the truth. They don't ask to see every single person before writing the number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom