Rose & Crown

kybred72

Original Poster
I got a ressie for 8pm so we should be able to watch Reflections of Earth from the 'patio/balcony' I dunno, we've never been here. Is the food and view worth waiting around till 8pm to watch Reflections of Earth? My other go to spot for an early dinner is Teppan Edo and then we'd stake out a spot somewhere in the countries to watch the show which starts at 9pm.

Which would you choose? Rose & Crown or Teppan Edo?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
R&C

I love the food and service. If you manage to get a patio table [you can ask, but a lot of people ask...], it's not unreasonable for a meal to last into RoE. The view is very good unless you happen to be downwind, then it can sometimes be obscured by smoke from the fireworks. I've only experienced that once in numerous visits, so your odds are good.

belledream

We love the food at Rose & Crown. We actually ordered 3 entrees because we couldn't decide and wanted to try too many things! Things like fish & chips, steak, and shepard's pie are great choices. I would choose this over Teppan Edo because Teppan Edo isn't unique, although the food is good there too. I just get a cooler vibe from Rose & Crown. I haven't experienced Illuminations from a restaurant before, as I enjoy sitting along many different areas of Showcase Lagoon, but that is fun too. But I give a thumbs up to Rose & Crown food for sure.

Csmith041177

We love the R&C. The surf and turf is great, fish and chips great, bangers and mash very good. If you are looking for a "different" appetizer, try the scotch egg. Best of all, the cast members are great.

UncleMike101

We've had lunch or dinner there every time we've been to WDW.
Never had a bad meal or experience.
We had patio tables last time for a late dinner.
The view of the Reflections display was great. :D

DisneyDebNJ

I got a ressie for 8pm so we should be able to watch Reflections of Earth from the 'patio/balcony' I dunno, we've never been here. Is the food and view worth waiting around till 8pm to watch Reflections of Earth? My other go to spot for an early dinner is Teppan Edo and then we'd stake out a spot somewhere in the countries to watch the show which starts at 9pm.

Which would you choose? Rose & Crown or Teppan Edo?
We love Rose and Crown! If you can, try the Scotch Egg for an appetizer

aw14

We go to R&C every timer are there. Had a lunch on the patio and the view and ambiance are excellent. Definitely a good bet for the fireworks if you can get the spot.

lilclerk

Definitely Rose & Crown. The view for Illuminations is fantastic if you are seated on the balcony. If not, you can still come outside and watch the show.
That's good to know! We have a late dinner planned so we could hopefully sit outside and watch the show, but if they'll let us wander out and watch anyway, I'm not too worried about it.

rufio

Going against the flow, but I'd go with Teppan Edo. We went to Rose and Crown once (Dec 2012) and didn't have the best experience. Can't go wrong with Japanese!

Matt_Black

I've eaten on the patio, not for Illuminations, but we just happened to be seated there, and it's lovely.

As far as the eats go, the cheese plate is great, and I LOVED the chicken curry. Spicy food doesn't immediately come to mind when you think "English pub fare", but remember England has had a great deal of immigration from India and Pakistan, which has influenced that country's national palate. What that means for you is that if you want something spicy and practically falls right of the bone, you're in luck.

CtDisneyGuy33

Definitely Rose and Crown! Between the Fries and the Welsh Dragons, by far one of the best places (IMO) to sit and enjoy the whole surroundings. My group usually has to pry me away from the patio...

mickeysshoes

How is the patio in Dec?? To cold to eat there at 8/8:30 pm. If not on the patio when IllumiNations starts how are they if you get up and leave your table to view the show?? Is the music piped in or can you hear what is played outside?? I have only been in the pub so have no clue about the dining room and what to except.

Matt_Black

How is the patio in Dec?? To cold to eat there at 8/8:30 pm. If not on the patio when IllumiNations starts how are they if you get up and leave your table to view the show?? Is the music piped in or can you hear what is played outside?? I have only been in the pub so have no clue about the dining room and what to except.

Can't speak for the music, but regarding the weather, Florida temps in December can vary wildly. When we ate there on Christmas Day, the weather was absolutely lovely with a pleasant breeze. Might have needed a light jacket, but I don't remember thinking as such. Now, a few days later we were in Epcot again, and the temp was in the high 30s. So, it's a bit of a crapshoot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom