Rose and Crown

wdwfan22

Food is good. Love the fish and chips. You can dine indoors or out. Value well it's Disney so it's you are going to pay for the experience, but it's not as expensive as some of the other restaurants. We are eating there again in 2 weeks. Always have to have a pint or two with the meal.

Raxel7851

If you’d just like to try the Fish and Chips, Yorkshire County QS is a great spot. It’s just on the other end of the Rose and Crown building. Especially if you can snag a table by the water. But for a great TS experience, we really enjoy the Rose and Crown.

JIMINYCR

Weve dined there on our many trips. The food and service is excellent, has never been disapointing. Value is good for what you get. The only downside I could say is that sitting at your indoor table, at times depending on the crowd it can get very noisy with the carryover sounds of guests in the bar area. Outside tables are great for views and ambiance, but must be said thats depending on the weather and time of year you are there.

mf1972

we’ve been there a few times. only bad experience i remember is our table was seated very close to the pub/bar (pre covid), & u get to hear all the noise. forgot what my wife had for dinner, but i had the shepherd pie & didn’t like it 1 bit. other than that, we’ve had good meals there. last few times we’ve been overlooking the lagoon. it is worth experiencing & we wouldn’t mind going there again.

harryk

Dined there many times over the last 40 years, i.e. ever since EPCOT, World Showcase opened. and have never been disappointed. Moderate pricing, for Disney. Well worth the visit. But remember -- it's Disney.

G00fyDad

We've eaten here twice. The first time it was quite possibly the worst food we have ever had in our lives. Burned, weird taste, and cold. My wife convinced me to try it a second time a few years later and it was the best steak and fish & chips we have ever tasted. Yes, two extremes at the same place. I assume it is like rolling the dice.

aladdin2007

Use to be a wonderful dining spot, its gone down pretty bad. The fish & chips, never again, you get one greasy piece of fish and a few loppy cold steak fries that you could get anywhere and a lot better, yet they charge through the roof for that. No more bread service, and its just not what it use to be. They have cut back so much that there is nothing left to cut back on and its become more like picnic service. They could easily just turn this into more seating for the yorkshire counter and be done with it.

Smiley/OCD

I usually get the fish & chips from the Yorkshire window every trip…they have gone from 2-3 pieces of cod to one good sized piece of Tilapia which is not as good as in the past. We ate in Rose & Crown about 10 years ago and back then the Shepherds Pie was good.
Take all the advice with a grain of salt…

JohnD

It can be loud inside, especially when a lot of people are at the bar, which is probably frequently. So keep that in mind.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I usually get the fish & chips from the Yorkshire window every trip…they have gone from 2-3 pieces of cod to one good sized piece of Tilapia which is not as good as in the past
Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Tilapia?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I usually get the fish & chips from the Yorkshire window every trip…they have gone from 2-3 pieces of cod to one good sized piece of Tilapia which is not as good as in the past. We ate in Rose & Crown about 10 years ago and back then the Shepherds Pie was good.
Take all the advice with a grain of salt…
I seriously doubt that it is Tilapia, and I don't remember ever getting more than 1 piece of fish from Yorkshire - even 10 years ago. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

Smiley/OCD

I seriously doubt that it is Tilapia, and I don't remember ever getting more than 1 piece of fish from Yorkshire - even 10 years ago. I could be wrong, but that is what I remember.
I had multiple smaller pieces up until about 2 years ago…there was also a post on here during the pandemic period that they had begun using tilapia because it was grown in house at LwtL…we were there in December and you could notice the difference in taste. For those that don’t know, tilapia is a manufactured catch-all name for freshwater/brackish fish usually from South America…if you raise tropical fish and have cichlids in your tank…those are
1 species of fish that fall under the heading of tilapia.

Smiley/OCD

I just went back…the thread title was Yorkshire County Fish Shop from 9/16/2021… apparently the fish at Rose & Crown was cod but tilapia was being substituted at the walk up…much to my wife’s suspicion, dementia hasn’t set in just yet…lol

buckeyegator

Original Poster
ate there yesterday, sheppard's pie was quite good, fish and chips only so-so. got good sized portion, guess am use to long john silver's, fish was not as crispy as there, but not overly bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom