Rose and Crown

We love Edna Mode

It was on my bucket list. Ate there last year; food was better than ok but not outstanding. Service was fine and we sat in the back so it was peaceful and pretty. It was a one and done for us.

Phonedave

It is OK, nothing great.

It is cheaper than many other WDW places. In WDW terms, it is a good deal. In real world terms, not so much.

The food is pretty pedestrian. It is pub grub, not fine dining.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
He didn’t say it was, merely stated what it is.
True, but I just didn't want anyone else to think that it might be fine dining because you need an ADR for it. Personally, we've loved the food every time we've eaten there, but we do like pub food.

Phonedave

True, but I just didn't want anyone else to think that it might be fine dining because you need an ADR for it. Personally, we've loved the food every time we've eaten there, but we do like pub food.

I like pub food myself as well. But it's not great. You are not going to get a "wow, that was amazing" type of meal. It's edible, but that is hardly a rave review.

I would not consider Chefs de France fine dining either (and it is not supposed to be) but at least the food there is (or at least was) interesting. Bangers & Mash, Shepherds Pie, Scotch Eggs ... it is really not all that exciting.

It hardly fits the bill of the destination spot that some people make it out to be.

Phonedave

Why would you expect anything other than pub food at a pub????? Rose & Crown has never been confused with fine dining.

Read some of the reviews. A lot of people seem to make it out more than it is. It does not try to be, and it does not bill itself as such, but if you go by some of the reviews that out there it seems to be something more than pub food.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
we did not need a ADR, just confirmed interest on the app.15 minutes later we were seated, plenty of open tables, don't know why ADR needed.

mf1972

i was just making reservations this morning for our november trip, & at the moment, there’s no availability for R&C for the days that we’ll be at epcot. i’ll admit i was surprised. usually it’s not hard to get a reservation there. getting a reservation for space 220 was actually easier. i’ll keep checking & see if anything pops up.

Chi84

Premium Member
i was just making reservations this morning for our november trip, & at the moment, there’s no availability for R&C for the days that we’ll be at epcot. i’ll admit i was surprised. usually it’s not hard to get a reservation there. getting a reservation for space 220 was actually easier. i’ll keep checking & see if anything pops up.
Something is going on with Rose and Crown. I tried reserving the fireworks package at the earliest possible moment for the last day of our week long trip and it didn’t show up (either for the package or just the restaurant). I’ve checked several times since then and it’s still not showing up.

There’s no way it was sold out when I checked. There are only 2 of us and absolutely everything else was available. Obviously the reservations are not being loaded into the system the way they should be. I set a Touringplans alert and haven’t heard from them. Other sites have been reporting inconsistencies in when reservations are being released, including them being released in two-week blocks.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
what time of day are you looking for? last sunday the wife and i were looking for there, go to the epcot wait times page on the my disney app the day you are there, then go to dinning, scroll down to rose and crown there should be a join the stand by line note, we did, 15 minutes later we were seated. again, it was about 230, dinning room only half full

mf1972

what time of day are you looking for? last sunday the wife and i were looking for there, go to the epcot wait times page on the my disney app the day you are there, then go to dinning, scroll down to rose and crown there should be a join the stand by line note, we did, 15 minutes later we were seated. again, it was about 230, dinning room only half full
pretty much dinner time. i think i booked tokyo dining instead, but i’ll ask my wife if she wants to try standby. otherwise i’ll check periodically & see if something opens up. thanks for the suggestion.

Chi84

Premium Member
pretty much dinner time. i think i booked tokyo dining instead, but i’ll ask my wife if she wants to try standby. otherwise i’ll check periodically & see if something opens up. thanks for the suggestion.
You can also set a Touringplans alert. It’s free and I’ve had very good success with it.

aladdin2007

well that would be another world showcase restaurant gone, fireworks table service viewing must not be in demand anymore as much. hmm wonder why.............but anyway I've thought for awhile now they may end up just expanding the bar and doing away with the table service. I think this is going to be a new trend in the park going foreword. I think the loss of IllumiNations has really killed dinner reservations across the park.

Tony the Tigger

We have always had an enjoyable time there. It’s easy to get a table when other places are full. It’s nice to sit outside on the patio. Food is decent enough, lower price point than many other places, and a menu we don’t see often. It was kind of our introduction to eating around the world and we revisit it every now and then. Never had a complaint.

Dad 2 M & M

We have always had an enjoyable time there. It’s easy to get a table when other places are full. It’s nice to sit outside on the patio. Food is decent enough, lower price point than many other places, and a menu we don’t see often. It was kind of our introduction to eating around the world and we revisit it every now and then. Never had a complaint.
^^this^^

We haven't been in quite a few years as we've settled our rotation with other places in the Showcase. Never had a bad meal, but it didn't/never really felt like Disney. Might hit again sometime as it is decent...

Homie...been a minute.... hope all is well with you and your peeps....

Hockey89

Something is going on with Rose and Crown. I tried reserving the fireworks package at the earliest possible moment for the last day of our week long trip and it didn’t show up (either for the package or just the restaurant). I’ve checked several times since then and it’s still not showing up.

There’s no way it was sold out when I checked. There are only 2 of us and absolutely everything else was available. Obviously the reservations are not being loaded into the system the way they should be. I set a Touringplans alert and haven’t heard from them. Other sites have been reporting inconsistencies in when reservations are being released, including them being released in two-week blocks.
There has to be. I couldn't get lunch 60 days out...... Nothing showed up at all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom