Rose and Crown

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Well, the Dining forum is a little slow today, so I thought I'd ask a question.

For those of you who have eaten dinner at the Rose and Crown... what have you tried, and what would you recommend to try or avoid? I haven't eaten here yet, and will be very soon. Not sure what I want, looking at the menu :shrug:

figmentmom

The only thing I could get our teenagers to eat from that menu was the fish and chips. Since my husband and I are not particularly adventurous, either (the kids come by it naturally), we ordered the same. :ROFLOL:

Now, mind you, this was a few years ago, and things may have changed, but we found the food overpriced and kind of underwhelming. Still, it was a fun place to eat, and we were glad we went.

MouseMadness

OMG Where do I start :slurp: :lol:

Ok, I know exactly where I'd start :lookaroun

Potato and leek soup :slurp:
Fruit and cheese plate :slurp:

My favorite entree isn't on the menu anymore (apparently) it was the chicken pasty.
Fish and chips are always good though :slurp:

And DO NOT MISS THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING! :slurp: :slurp:

:lookaroun

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
I'm figuring I won't be blown away by the food at this restaurant, but I want to eat everywhere at least once, so it's time for R&C. I'm thinking I'll try something besides the fish and chips, but I just don't know what yet :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
OMG Where do I start :slurp: :lol:

Ok, I know exactly where I'd start :lookaroun

Potato and leek soup :slurp:
Fruit and cheese plate :slurp:

My favorite entree isn't on the menu anymore (apparently) it was the chicken pasty.
Fish and chips are always good though :slurp:

And DO NOT MISS THE STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING! :slurp: :slurp:

Thanks :wave: I shall keep those in mind, I do love potato soup :slurp:

EPCOT.nut

The fruit and cheese plate is really great. They have these fabulous green peas, too, that you can get as a side dish. Tom always gets the bangers and mash and I make fun of him. :lookaroun:lol: I get the fish & chips but only if I can share because it seems greasier than what they serve in Columbia Harbor House. Also I get a 1/2 & 1/2 to drink and he always gets Bass Ale.

:D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Last time I had there I had the Bangers (sausage) and mash. It was very tasty!

The fruit and cheese plate is really great. They have these fabulous green peas, too, that you can get as a side dish. Tom always gets the bangers and mash and I make fun of him. :lookaroun:lol: I get the fish & chips but only if I can share because it seems greasier than what they serve in Columbia Harbor House. Also I get a 1/2 & 1/2 to drink and he always gets Bass Ale.

:D

Is the sausage anything special? I don't mean to sound flippant, I seriously want to know if it's something I haven't had before :)

Me thinks the fruit and cheese plate is a 'must get' along with potato soup :slurp:

EPCOT.nut

Is the sausage anything special? I don't mean to sound flippant, I seriously want to know if it's something I haven't had before :)

I just asked Tom about his favorite dish - he said anyone who likes sausage, gravy and mashed potatoes will love this. He's being a man of few words right now because he is watching an Angelina Jolie movie....:rolleyes:

:lol:

KeithVH

For appetizers, I recommend the smoked salmon or the roasted mushrooms. For an entree I would have said the Guiness Stew but they no longer offer it:cry:. Bangers is always good but so is the Tea Time Chicken. Personally, I always like the Steak and Fish but that's me (since I can't have the stew:().

GoofyMom2

Another vote for the fruit and cheese plate!

I had the steak and fish and it was all very good. DH was boring and just got the fish and chips :lol:

I was actually surprised at how good the steak was, not Le Cellier fare, but very good and tender. Service was tops as well :wave:

Tiggerfanatic

DD & I split the steak & fish - both were very good. Count me in on the fuit & cheese plate, too, and definitely do not miss the sticky toffee pudding - I would go back and just eat 3 orders of that if I thought I could get away with it!!

coltow

I loved the Shepard's Pie, but I don't think it's onthe menu any more. DH did like the Guiness stew and DS got fish and chips. We had a very nice time there and would absolutely go back.

MouseMadness

I forgot about the Guinness stew :slurp: My kids loved that as well.

Really, I have no had any "bad" food there that I can remember. :shrug:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I grew up on the Lamb and Barley soup. It was the best, but it's only on the Lunch menu.

I used to love that as well, but unfortunately it is removed entirely from the menu as are about 1/3 of the offerings from a year ago.

Usually have Shepherds Pie which is a satisfying lunch. They used to have a hunters stew that was also very good....that one is gone as well...:(

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the suggestions everyone :wave:

It all sounds really good, that's what I get for checking this thread before making dinner!

I wonder why they took so many things, that were obviously well liked, off of the menu? Hmmm.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
I use Deb's site for my menus like a Bible :lol: but I never realized so many dishes had been removed. It's funny because I really could have sworn the R&C had Shepard's Pie, but when I finally went to book it, it wasn't there, so I figured I was mistaken... good to know I'm not losing my mind and all, but sad to see the menus shrinking :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom