Roommates

anilorak

Whatever happened to just getting the roommates you're assigned? I'm seeing all these boards on websites of people being 'scared' they're going to room with someone who is different than them. It's like everyone has control issues or something...

You've obviously never had a bad roommate experience. I have horror stories that would scare little kids..

Scar Junior

You've obviously never had a bad roommate experience. I have horror stories that would scare little kids..

Check out the thread "I just got my acceptance letter." I actually talk about 2 of my roommates on the CP who were horrible. It's not the end of the world to have a roommate you don't like. Sure it sucked to have smelly stalker roommates who stole from me, but now its laughable. I can understand why people would want to be cautious of who they room with... but part of the CP's purpose is to get you away from your comfort zone so you can grow. I'm not condemning those who want to find roommates before they get down there... :wave:

1. Your name: Maddie
2. Are you legal (over 21)?: No, but I turn 21 on Nov. 24!!
3. Male or female?: Female
4. Where do you live?: St. Louis, MO!!!
5. What role will you have at Disney?: Operations
6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Fall 07, August 22
7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Chatham
8. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms):? 3-5 roomates
9. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: YES!!! I'm a party girl, but I also LOVE just chillin and playing board games (haha yes I'm cool like that)
10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?:
I love grilled cheese sandwichs and yes, I'm a really good cook!
11. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: random, funny, sarcastic
12. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I like everything but country and I can't always handle rap, but I love all types of movies!!
13. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: No way
14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): I probably shouldn't answer this question considering the fact that I'm under 21, but yes, send me a message if you care and I shall answer :)
15. Are you a night person or a morning person?: Night person, but I do love morning walks!!
16. Are you driving or flying down?: Driving!!!
17. What do you do for fun?: learn dances from music videos (haha), take pictures, organize events (yes that's fun for me), sing, watch baseball (GO CARDS!!), travel, and try new things!
18. What is your favorite quote?: "Are you living your life, or just exhisting?"
19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Meeting awesome people and going to Disney World whenever I want!!!
20. Name one good quality about yourself: Caring
21. Name one bad quality about yourself: Too self conscious
22: Your college: University of Kansas, soon to be University of Missouri
23: Your major: Major in Communications and Minor in Business
24. Messy or tidy?: Pretty clean
25. Anything else you want to state: I hate a lot of load noise during the week after 11pm and I CAN'T live with someone who snores!!! I'm a very light sleeper!

Courtney488

Original Poster
Small World! I'm also a communications major from Detroit who will be driving down to arrive on August 22nd to take up a role in operations and loves Disney and doesn't like to party.

Sweet...now if only you were a girl, then I would have a roommate lol.

anilorak

2 Living Seas interns looking for a third roommate. Guy or girl. Prefer an animal programs intern, but open to all replies! This is for a 3 bedroom townhouse only 7 miles from disney. (Northbridge is about 20 miles away!) It's called Fiesta Key. You'll have your own room for about $400/month including utilities. Rent alone will be $333 each. There is a pool and fitness center there and the complex was just built 2 years ago. Comes fully furnished.

looking for the following criteria in a roomie:
- prefer somebody over age 21
- non-smoker!!!
- no heavy partiers. social drinker okay, but not looking for someone who brings parties home or who goes out every night
- somebody who is respectful, responsible and considerate (don't leave the toilet seat up, pick-up after yourself in common areas, and don't leave the tv blaring when others are sleeping, don't eat all our food, etc.) This is a BIGGIE. Please only reply if you truly believe that you are ultra considerate.
- no loud "bedroom noises" afterhours.. just be considerate.
- need to have good credit and be able to pay rent on-time, without fail.
- must like cats.. we might get a kitten!
- someone with a good sense of humor.

Please e-mail me at karolina.kaminski@gmail.com. Feel free to tell me about yourself, what internship you're doing, what you look for/don't like in roommates, etc. or even direct me to your wdwmagic survey if you've posted one. Sorry if this ad sounds picky but we really want to have all of the housemates have shared values, respect eachother, and get along! Hope to hear from you!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Krozar

25 (26 when I go in) male just looking to have fun in the parks pretty much ^_^ i already have to work around 60hrs a week during the summer so I can pay for school w/out working during the academic semesters. I might as well work at WDW!

Doing transportation and going to fly in. (I know, the irony ^_^ Like, haven't driven in 3 years)

Magicmyway

1. Your name?:Bethany
2. Are you legal (over 21)?:Nope- 19..
4. Where do you live?: Indiana
5. What role will you have at Disney?: Full Service Food & Beverage
6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Arriving May 23- Departure Jan 4 (Fall Advantage)
7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Previously a Vista All Star lol so either or ... but it has to be wellness:(
8. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms):? 2-4
9. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: Can't get terminated so that answers that...
10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: I love lots of food. I'm actually pretty good at cooking. I love to cook and clean. I like everything except seafood.
11. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Funny, Friendly, Spontaneous
12. What kind of music/movies do you like?: Music: almost everything. Movies: A little of everything just no westerns, and scary movies occassionally.
13. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?: No
14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): Not while i'm in the apartments.
15. Are you a night person or a morning person?: I like sleep. It's the best activity ever. But, I can stay up late, sleep in late, wake up early, whatever has to be done.
16. Are you driving or flying down?: Flying
17. What do you do for fun?: Down there: park hopping. Up here: Hanging out with friends, spending time with family, scrapbooking and photography.
18. What is your favorite quote?: "Live, Laugh, Love"
19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Everything. I can't wait to do everything I didn't do in careerstart. I miss it so much!
20. Name one good quality about yourself: Personable
21. Name one bad quality about yourself: I am a neat freak and am short tempered and impatient! But it's not so bad. hehe.
22: Your college: Purdue University: Boiler Up!
23: Your major: Public Relations and Advertising
24. Messy or tidy?: Completely tidy.
25. Anything else you want to state: I have two older brothers and a boyfriend who I met on my first program. (He'll be there in June) I just want to have fun and enjoy my time down there!

tinkerbell88

1. Your name?:Bethany
2. Are you legal (over 21)?:Nope- 19..
4. Where do you live?: Indiana
5. What role will you have at Disney?: Full Service Food & Beverage
6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Arriving May 23- Departure Jan 4 (Fall Advantage)
7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: Previously a Vista All Star lol so either or ... but it has to be wellness:(
8. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms):? 2-4
9. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: Can't get terminated so that answers that...
10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: I love lots of food. I'm actually pretty good at cooking. I love to cook and clean. I like everything except seafood.
11. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Funny, Friendly, Spontaneous
12. What kind of music/movies do you like?: Music: almost everything. Movies: A little of everything just no westerns, and scary movies occassionally.
14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): Not while i'm in the apartments.
15. Are you a night person or a morning person?: I like sleep. It's the best activity ever. But, I can stay up late, sleep in late, wake up early, whatever has to be done.
16. Are you driving or flying down?: Flying
17. What do you do for fun?: Down there: park hopping. Up here: Hanging out with friends, spending time with family, scrapbooking and photography.
18. What is your favorite quote?: "Live, Laugh, Love"
19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Everything. I can't wait to do everything I didn't do in careerstart. I miss it so much!
20. Name one good quality about yourself: Personable
21. Name one bad quality about yourself: I am a neat freak and am short tempered and impatient! But it's not so bad. hehe.
22: Your college: Purdue University: Boiler Up!
23: Your major: Public Relations and Advertising
24. Messy or tidy?: Completely tidy.
25. Anything else you want to state: I have two older brothers and a boyfriend who I met on my first program. (He'll be there in June) I just want to have fun and enjoy my time down there!

I will be arriving there may 26 and I start may 28th in merchandise but I don't know if we can be roomies or not. I going there for the career start program not the college program so I don't know.

joanna71985

1. Your name?: Joanna
2. Are you legal (over 21)?: Yup. Turning 22 in July
4. Where do you live?: NJ (about 20 min outside NYC)
5. What role will you have at Disney?: Custodial/seasonal
6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: Summer Alumni- May 16 to Aug 10
7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: I don't really care this time, but I might prefer Chatham (since that is where I have stayed before). I am also considering a Wellness, since I do not do alcohol whatsoever.
8. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms):? I would like a 2-3 BR (3-5 people). I've done 2-BR before, so I may go for the 3-br (cheaper).
9. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: Not really. I am not really a party person. And I definitely will NOT be hosting any.
10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: I have a lot of favorites (Italian/pasta, soup, pizza). As for cooking- I would say my specialities are: soup, mac n cheese, mini pizzas, ect.
11. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Quiet, fun to be with, and Disney fanatic (I know, that's more then 3)
12. What kind of music/movies do you like?: Music I like show tunes, classical, oldies, Disney, R&B. Movies I like Disney movies, comedy, just about anything except for horror/really scary/gory movies.
14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): No
15. Are you a night person or a morning person?: It can be both. Depends on what I do the day/night before.
16. Are you driving or flying down?: Driving
17. What do you do for fun?: At home I like to go into the city, see Broadway shows, sporting events, play video/computer games. At Disney, I will be going to the parks for sure.
18. What is your favorite quote?: I have 2: "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We KEEP MOVING FORWARD, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney. And "Any dream is possible, wishes do come true. You can reach the stars if you just believe. Share the magic in your heart, there's nothing you can't do. Oh anything is possible. So find the dream inside of you"~Dream Along with Mickey
19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Just so happy to be going back (this is my third CP). I want to work FT at Disney, so this is a good step. Also, I enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
20. Name one good quality about yourself: I think I'm pretty easy to get along with. I just go with the flow.
21. Name one bad quality about yourself: I'm pretty quiet, and tend to be a loner (though I do warm up to people I know)
22: Your college: Montclair State University
23: Your major: Commercial Recreation and Tourism
24. Messy or tidy?: For the most part I'm pretty tidy. Though in FL I become even cleaner.
25. Anything else you want to state: I can't wait to be back in Disney. If anyone wants a buddy to hang out in the parks with, let me know.

Magicmyway

I will be arriving there may 26 and I start may 28th in merchandise but I don't know if we can be roomies or not. I going there for the career start program not the college program so I don't know.

I don't think so, they keep careerstarts in certain buildings like when I was there it was in Vista some in building 14, all of 15 and the downstairs of 16.

1. Your name?:
Ashleigh

2. Are you legal (over 21)?:
Nope, I'm 17...I turn 18 just in time, right before the DCP!

3. Male or female?:
Female

4. Where do you live?:
Nothern Virginia

5. What role will you have at Disney?:
Lifeguard

6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?:
Fall - Arrive on August 22 & depart Jan 4

7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?:
I prefer Chatham, but it's not a big deal if I get Vista! I have to live in a wellness apartment

8. How many roommates/rooms would you like?
It doesn't matter, maybe 4-6? I love people & get along with just about everybody so the more the merrier!

9. Do you like to party?
I'm not too much of a partyholic & I don't go out and drink, but I will have a few drinks here and there... I just love having a good time!

10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?:
mm, I LOVE Japanese food! I also like french toast, pancakes, waffles, chicken, fruit... and I'm a pretty awesome breakfast cook. If you're a breakfast kinda person, you'll love me! And I make great rice crispy treats!

11. If your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?:
Smiley, funny, spontaneous

12. What kind of music/movies do you like?:
I love Disney music, of course... Rap, Aerosmith, oldies, 80s/90s...I pretty much love all kinds of music, but I don't care for country too much or heavy metal stuff...

& for movies, I'm a fan of comedies, horror, and romace... and of course, any Disney movie!

13. Do you smoke, and if so, inside or outside?:
Noooo!

14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic):
Not very often at all, and if I do it's socially

15. Are you a night person or a morning person?:
At home I'm a night person, but since I'll be in Disney I'm good with anything!! I love those Florida mornings!

16. Are you driving or flying down?:
Driving

17. What do you do for fun?:
In VA, I jet ski, boat, swim, work with animals at the local shelter, ski, tube, & ice skate in the winter, hang out with my friends... In Florida, I go to the parks almost all the time, and the beaches also!

18. What is your favorite quote?:
"The most fantastic, magical things can happen... and it all starts with a wish!"

19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?:
Being in Florida, meeting new, awesome people, being away from home, learning and discovering new things

20. Name one good quality about yourself:
I'm a very helpful/caring person!

21. Name one bad quality about yourself:
I'm usually pretty quiet at first, but once I get to know you, you'll love me! Hopefully, haha!

22: Your college:
Lord Fairfax CC, blah!

23: Your major:
Well it was Biology b/c I wanted to be a veternarian for marine/exotic wildlife animals... buuuut it could change.

24. Messy or tidy?:
When I'm at home I'm so messy, but everytime I go to Disney I'm super tidy... So, tidy!

25. Anything else you want to state:
Everybody, be prepared to have an awesome time :) make the most of it!! And hopefully everybody gets along!
You can contact me on AIM, my s/n is pixiedust1393
or, add me on myspace! www.myspace.com/lilmrmd

See ya real soon!:wave:

bigbelcher88

just want to meet you all

1. Your name?: stepahnie
2. Are you legal (over 21)?: nope 19
4. Where do you live?: Washington
5. What role will you have at Disney?: qsfb kithen only
6. What are your arrival/departure dates/program (fall, fall advantage, fall quarter)?: fall advantage- May 23 to Jan 4
7. Which apartment complex would you prefer to live at? Do you prefer wellness or non-wellness (if over 21)?: don't care, chatham looks pretty nice
8. How many roommates/rooms would you like? (1-7 roommates, 1-4 rooms):? I like to meet people and a smaller rent wouldn't hurt. more roomates =more fun!
9. Do you like to party? Will you be hosting parties in your apartment?: I like to entertain. Like externsively planned and theemed dinner parties or just having friends over for pizza, movies and board games
10. What's your favorite food, and more importantly, can you cook well?: Icecream! I like to cook but don't do it that often, but I bake! I make a mean cheesecake!
your friends could describe you in three words what would they be?: Short, Insane, freak1
12. What kind of music/movies do you like?: I like every music except secreamo, some of my favorites are Disney music, show tunes, oingo boingo, black eyed peas, the scissor sisters, the cars, prince, international music...the list goes on. Also I've been known to bust out one of my original made up songs about everything from making a sandwich to taking a ______.
I mostly like comedys and musicals in movies. My top 10 list is:
  1. tie:Willy wonka and the chocolate factory vs. charlie and the chocolate factory- I like both of theese for different reasons
  2. Hedwig and the angty inch
  3. Nightamre before christams
  4. tie:The little mermaid vs. beauty and the beast- I can quote large scenes from both of these and probably will out of nowhere
  5. Peter pan
  6. Rocky Horror
  7. The great mouse detective
  8. Muppet treasure island
  9. zoolander
  10. napolean dynamite
14. Do you drink? (socially or alcoholic): No
15. Are you a night person or a morning person?: I like my sleep btween midnight and 8am but I 've pulled some crazy long all nighters and I've woken up dredicoulously early. I don't do naps during the day, though.
16. Are you driving or flying down?: flying
17. What do you do for fun?: SInging(no good at it), eating, board games, movies Tv, artsy stuff
18. What is your favorite quote?: I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it. -niccolo machiavelli

19. What are you most excited about in being in the WDWCP?: Meeting people, being away from home, this is my first real job so...
20. Name one good quality about yourself:I'm entertaining
21. Name one bad quality about yourself: COMPLAINER:zipit:
22: Your college: SVC
23: Your major: I'm not sure yet...right now I'm going for a transfer degree but after that I'm thinking mabey linguistics (romance lanmguages), international business, or something with the arts.

24. Messy or tidy?: My mess is my organization system, W/o it i'd be lost, but I confine my mess to my own space. When it's everyones space,I'm tidyer.
25. Anything else you want to state: I'm 4'8" and will probably ask for help getting down plates and stuuf if I get lazyand don't wanna get a chair.Also I like to kinda test some people to see how far they;ll go to help me. I make up new "games" every week or so just to mess with people and for my own personal entertainment:fork: ... I know I'm a brat sometimes but if you just can't take anymore of my nonsense or whatever I'll stop. I'm at school right now but can't concentrate because I leave in 2 and a half weeks. Right now I'm thinking about what color to dye my hair(I'ts pink right now, cant have that)I like red... I'm going to be down there for 7 months and want to do everything, not just disney, and if any of you want to just hang or go on some wicked awesome deranged adventures when I get down there you can email me. Also feel free to email me just to say hi or whatever :wave:
Princesszorxette@yahoo.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom