Room Upgrade

Burgstressera

Have any of you ever upgraded your room at check in?

Meaning changed from a standard view to a garden or water view...

If so, how does it work and what are the chances I'd be able to do so?

Also does anyone have any tips for ensuring we get a King Bed. I've requested it, but they keep saying it's not guaranteed. My husband and I are going to be very disappointed if we wind up with 2 double beds and are sleeping separately for our 4 year wedding anniversary trip...probably a little more info than you wanted to know, right?!?! :lol:

Any info or tips any of your may have would be greatly appreciated.

wannabeBelle

I just booked AK lodge pool view rooms for Jan. They told me there were no standard rooms left, so now I'm being forced to pay for a pool view. Is there anyway (since there are no standard rooms left) I can get the standard rate since that's what I wanted?

no not at all. Belle

Upvote 0

lewisc

I just booked AK lodge pool view rooms for Jan. They told me there were no standard rooms left, so now I'm being forced to pay for a pool view. Is there anyway (since there are no standard rooms left) I can get the standard rate since that's what I wanted?

Change your dates.

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

What if you paid for the King Bed?

What if you paid for the King Bed in your reservations? On Disney's web site when you search for your reservations they have the price for a King bed room and a discount (-101.16 on 8-5-07 for 6 nights) for the standard room rate. If you went on and booked the King Room and paid for it by not taking the discount dont you atomaticly get the King Room? You paid the difference for it!:veryconfu

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

What if you paid for the King Bed in your reservations? On Disney's web site when you search for your reservations they have the price for a King bed room and a discount (-101.16 on 8-5-07 for 6 nights) for the standard room rate. If you went on and booked the King Room and paid for it by not taking the discount dont you atomaticly get the King Room? You paid the difference for it!:veryconfu

This is absolutely true. If you have paid for a certain type of room or a certain view then that is what you are getting. If a room type is REQUESTED, then it is not guaranteed!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Philo

I dont know anything about the beds but when I went to DLP we turned up at our hotel (Sequoia Lodge) and we were told that we had been upgraded to the Disney land hotel for free. I didn't question why but it looked like they were prepairing for an inspection, less guests = easier to clean I suppose. The room we were put in was great, there was no fantasic view out the window but walking from the lobby to the room at night gave the most fantasic view of the MK! Plus its right in front of both parks.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can confirm wannabe belle's answer which was no. This would be much like trying to get a suite at a standard rate because that is all they had left. Now if the reverse happened (you book a standard and all is left is a pool view) then you would get the better view and the standard rate. I would try modifying your dates or checking back at a later date and re-booking.

Again I can confirm wannabebelle's response. At some resorts "king room" is a category like "Savannah View" at AKL. In this case you are booking into a room category and if for some strange reason one is not available (rarely happens) you will more than likely be upgraded.

Upvote 0

Tara Stone

Also does anyone have any tips for ensuring we get a King Bed. I've requested it, but they keep saying it's not guaranteed. My husband and I are going to be very disappointed if we wind up with 2 double beds and are sleeping separately for our 4 year wedding anniversary trip...probably a little more info than you wanted to know, right?!?! :lol:

It may depend when your going and where your staying. I have to say that we have been upgraded neaarly every time we have stayed at the GF. We go in the off season though when more rooms are empty. Once we were upgraded to concierge and now we love it we pay for it ourselves and in that case have been upgraded for views or even bigger rooms. Sometimes we recieved the upgrades when we've asked other times we were just given them...and it was wonderful. Now, I've read the posts of people saying this rarely happens but I can only speak for me. I would think if your going in the off season a king wouldn't be a problem. Our planner had given us the advice to request when making your reservation, call three days prior to arrival (call the HOTEL directly) and request it again and then request once more at check in.
Hope you have a great trip (in a king size bed!):lol:

Upvote 0

elcid93

I got an upgrade at the AKL

We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and had reserved the standard room. I sent my GF to wander while I checked us in. I mentioned to the CM behind the desk, I was going to be proposing that week and wondered if they could "hook me up" with a better room. The CM asked to see the ring, I guess to prove I wasn't lying. I happened to have the box in my pocket, so my GF wouldn't find it in the luggage when we unpacked. As soon as I pulled it out, 3 other CMs behind the desk came running to see it, and one of them started crying. Needless to say, I got the hook up on a sweet suite at my original rate.:king:

Oh by the way, it was a King Size bed.
<!-- / message -->

Upvote 0

I have always gotten upgrades at the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. I bluntly have asked to be upgraded if possible. Castmembers were happy to oblige.

Upvote 0

helliker

I actually just got back from a stay at the Contemporary about a week ago and we were upgraded for free because they needed to start renovations on the room we were booked for. We were booked for a garden view room but we were offered a tower room or a suite at Saratoga Springs. We decided to take the tower room because we wanted to stay on the monorail. We stayed in an old unrenovated room for 1 night and then were changed to a tower room for the rest of the stay. We got to see both room styles, what a difference!

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Cool. I would have chosen the tower room, too, over Saratoga. One day I will break down and stay at the Contemporary. I just love my WL and POR, though.

Upvote 0

atterris

We booked a standard room at the Wilderness Lodge for a four night stay through the disney travel company We then booked an extra night through travelocity at the begining of our trip as my sister could get an extra day off from her job. When we go to the resort the cm informed us that we had been upgraded to the concierge floor for the first night :) and then would have to move the next day when our disney vacation began. One of my friends sweet talked the cm into asking her manager if we could stay in the more expensive room for our whole stay:animwink: . She checked with her manager and our wish was granted. We had the best time ever but it has completly ruined us for our next trip and what we can actually afford ourselves.:king:

Upvote 0
We just got back from a 15 night stay in AKL and although we booked a standard room overlooking the car park, when we arrived we got a free upgrade to a deluxe savannah room. Within five minutes we had three giraffe outside our balcony....I have been to Kenya on safari and the rooms in their hotels struggle to rival the views from here. I think we were upgarded because a) the hotel was quiet and b) we are a member of the frequent holiday club in the UK who provide a lot of business for the Disney Resorts. Whatever Disney once again came up with goods...Amazing!!!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom