Room requests

Conwest777

Our trip is in mid-October and I am wondering about special requests ,(We are staying the first 7 nights at the Contempory tower) such as MK view, connecting rooms and adjoining rooms. Some sights suggest calling the front desk a few days prior, some suggest faxing. Would it do any good to tip the CM who is checking you in, (like in Vegas). What is the best stategy here?

doc_holiday3500

When we stayed at CBR for our honeymoon we faxed our room requests in four days prior to arriving and they were able to accomodate all our requests. Faxing them worked great for us. Have a great trip we leave in 3 days and are looking forward to getting away.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

I specifed my requests upon reserving my room six months ago, confirmed a couple of months ago that I still wanted the request, and I will confirm again before we leave. The CM I spoke to last said it looked good on getting the room I requested.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Last time we stayed at the Contemporary tower (May 2004), we requested room 4741 when we made the reservations, and then I faxed the room assigner four days prior to our check-in. When we checked-in, I told the CM that we had requested a certain room. She asked which one, looked at the computer, and said we had gotten it. :D

Make sure you request MK view and the highest floor possible, and the end of the hotel that's closer to the MK (as opposed to closer to the TTC) for a better and closer view. You will love the Contemporary!

Upvote 0

Ergens2

It is recommended that you fax your requests about 4 days prior. That way you know they have what you've requested and not what the cm wrote down while you were on the phone with them. That and the cm that answers may not be doing the room assignments right then and you may get lost in the shuffle! Another thing to keep in mind is that it is just a request. I have seen guests get very mean with a cm because they did not get the room they wanted. Please remember they try their best!

Shelley :wave:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

what is the fax number? oh wait a minute i take it they are different for each resort?? we are staying at port orleans riverside in november...

Upvote 0

Bgzbunny

We are going to be arriving at WDW on thursday and going to be staying at Port orleans /rivierside and I was wondering if anyone can tell if 1 room is different than another. And if so, can you recommend which building to stay at? We have 1 room and have other family members staying there asl well. Do you know if they have ajoining rooms?

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

I am staying at Pop Century from 11/4 to 11/9 and am wondering if anyone can help me to decide which building/room/decade to request. Any and all info will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Bgzbunny said:
We are going to be arriving at WDW on thursday and going to be staying at Port orleans /rivierside and I was wondering if anyone can tell if 1 room is different than another. And if so, can you recommend which building to stay at? We have 1 room and have other family members staying there asl well. Do you know if they have ajoining rooms?

Welcome to the boards! When staying at Riverside one thing to remember is that some rooms are a ways out! Try to request something close in to Ol'Man Island. As far as building-wise, if you want quaint and quiet look into Alligator Bayou buildings # 14, 15, 18. If you want grand southern living look into Magnolia Bend and either the Magnolia terrace building or Oak manor building. Have a great time!!

Upvote 0

Ergens2

Jenngusto said:
I am staying at Pop Century from 11/4 to 11/9 and am wondering if anyone can help me to decide which building/room/decade to request. Any and all info will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Good Choice! I loved my stay at POP in April! The buildings I recommend are the 50's, 60's or 70's buildings in the Classic Years and as always try for a room on the upper floors. There is less noise and foot traffic!
Have a great time! Have some tye-dyed cheesecake for me!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

i would have to agree with the other post, # 14, #16 , and # 18 are great buildings to get if you want close to the main hall and pool and buses, they are great because they are also in alligator bayou my fav, the rooms are basically all the same and they do have ajoining rooms with trungle beds which are nice..i love port orleans riverside..

IT WILL ALWAYS BE DIXIE LANDINGS TO ME!!!!!

Upvote 0

Number_6

I stayed in Alligator Bayou a little over a week ago. Room 1441. It was great. Nice, quiet and close enough to everything important(food, pool, buses) that it made things even better. I really enjoyed it.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Number_6 said:
I stayed in Alligator Bayou a little over a week ago. Room 1441. It was great. Nice, quiet and close enough to everything important(food, pool, buses) that it made things even better. I really enjoyed it.

Was your room refurbed or had they not gotten to that one yet? Just wondering because we requested building 14 or 15.

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Ergens2 said:
Good Choice! I loved my stay at POP in April! The buildings I recommend are the 50's, 60's or 70's buildings in the Classic Years and as always try for a room on the upper floors. There is less noise and foot traffic!
Have a great time! Have some tye-dyed cheesecake for me!

Thanks Shelly! I will keep those buildings in mind and cannot wait until I try the cheesecake! :wave: :)

Upvote 0

AEfx

Jenngusto said:
Thanks Shelly! I will keep those buildings in mind and cannot wait until I try the cheesecake! :wave: :)

After talking to some cast members, I've requested 50's building C lakeview for my stay. It's just as close to the main building as the "prefered" 60's, a great view of the lake, and you can see SSE. I noted it on my ressie (they give 29 spaces, I had just enough room to type "50's C Lakeview Pretty Please", and will send down a fax 4-days prior to arrival.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom