Room Requests-- NO OPTIONS!

William Farnsworth

Original Poster
I'm sorry if this has been discussed somewhere but I have searched and can find nothing! When I go on MyDisneyExperience to add my room location requests I have no options to choose from in either drop down menu; they have not populated at all. Is there a specific time that these need to be made? Will options show up at 30 days out? From what I've read online I should be able to make my choices now; our trip starts in 51 days... Is this just a glitch? Should I just call the resort? Or wait? Thanks!!
upload_2017-10-31_10-27-3.png

Dave B

I am at 18 days and had the same issue, it had come up for a week or so and then disappeared and didn't save the options. I did call. I will fax my request a week out as well, the fax has worked every time for us the last few years( or we have just gotten really lucky and had every room request matched)

Courtney6682

Was it a room only offer that u booked? I booked a room only offer for FQ last week for a Dec 24-29th stay and when I went to do online check-in, I was also given no options. I wen back and looked at my conf email and didn't realize it was a ''river view'' room. Maybe it's something like that?

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I thought I was the only one that this happened to when I went to complete online check-in. Good to know the results.

Mamaof5

I had the same thing happen. So, I called just yesterday (we check in in December). When talking with the cast member she seemed to indicate that it has been happening a lot lately and that she could for sure just take my requests and note them on my reservation. So, I told her what I want and fingers crossed for good results. I have done the fax request through Touring Plans 2 years in a row. The first year we got the exact room I requested, last year, not so much. So, not sure if I'm just going to hope for the best and be surprised this time or if I will end up still doing the fax request through Touring Plans. The one thing you have to make sure of is that you do not contradict your online request/request you make by calling and any request you might make via fax. Otherwise, they will be forced to make the decision for you, and it might not be the decision you would have made. Best of luck!!!

Mickey5150

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it, your room will be in Walt Disney World, which means it will be good no matter what.

Siân Holmes

Hi, totally new to all this but if people we to make a request for a room in CBR, what would you request? We want to be able to access everything with ease and not be far away from everything.

Courtney6682

Hi, totally new to all this but if people we to make a request for a room in CBR, what would you request? We want to be able to access everything with ease and not be far away from everything.

For us personally we requested close to transportation and ground floor. Keep in mind that there are NO elevators at CBR. If you have little ones with strollers and such that may make a difference for you. We stayed for 5 nights this past August and were located in Trinidad North(room 3221). It was an amazing location! Less than a minute's walk to both the bus stop and a quiet pool, and 5-7 min walk to the main pool and food court area.

Miceberg

For the OP - it's working again, has been for a couple weeks, just in case you still need to log onto the website and select stuff.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Yeah I had to call and get my requests for my April vacation trip. Disappointing, especially that we're almost into September and its still not working

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I just checked on the disney website for me it's blank
Yup. And it's probably a GOOD thing....

You see, once a "so called" online request is made? Our experience is that you can never CONFIRM that it was made, via the online system.
So please - if DVC? EMAIL Guest Services. NOT DVC? Please, CALL. In each case, you will at least know that a REAL Room Request has been made, and NOTED,

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

worldfanatic

Didn't work for me either.
I called in my requests, which has worked well before.
But if it doesn't, no problem.
I'll take what Disney gives me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I used a rarely used app on my iPhone -- the telephone. You can actually talk and listen to people! Contact information is on the WDW website. It's called a telephone number.

I used the app within the MDE website to put in my preferences, but that wasn't working.

So, I used the MDE's email app which asked for my reservation number and just simply let them know my preferences. But then the reply email said the people who get the email don't have access to reservations and I need to call the resort.

Do you know if Android devices has this 'phone' app?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom