room requests..does it help??

dixiegirl

i know this has been talked about before but i was wondering which would be better...call the resort we are staying at 4 days before or faxing them or both?? we are staying at por and going down may8 ...we had put in a request through our travel agent for the bayou section of the resort....also for first floor..we are going with my grandmother who is 86yrs old who will be using a wheelchair down in disney as well as my mother in law who is coming who also will be using a wheelchair ( she has very bad knees) so first floor is a must and we really need the bayou section because of the closeness to everything ...well most buildings are.. so should i do both fax or call or both?? need anyones opinion..thanks.. :sohappy:

12 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigsmom

Laura22 said:
Hey that's the room I just requested the other day when I booked my room. I asked for 4032, 5032, or 6032. Are you saying they upgraded you to a courtyard view for the same price as a wood's view? Or you changed your mind and switched to a courtyard view?

We were upgraded to a Courtyard view gratis. They offered, we didn't ask. We could have waited till later in the afternoon for 6032, but we took the upgrade. :lol:

Upvote 0

alanindy

I think I actually had room 5032 in the Wilderness Lodge. We were on the 5th floor and were very close to the elevator on that side. It was a great location. It also made for quick and easy access to get to the Roaring Fork late at night for a snack since the elevator goes right down to that corridor.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

alanindy said:
I think I actually had room 5032 in the Wilderness Lodge. We were on the 5th floor and were very close to the elevator on that side. It was a great location. It also made for quick and easy access to get to the Roaring Fork late at night for a snack since the elevator goes right down to that corridor.

Yep, the elevator is just outside the room door. Not a good spot if you like it very quiet, but very convenient to a run to the Roarin' Forks or the laundry room or the pool.

Upvote 0

brisem

Faxing does work. Last year, we stayed at Pop Century and about a week ahead of time, faxed a request and at check-In (which was around 9pm), they said that they were able to grant the request.

Upvote 0

epcotfan

Many of the resorts are ignoring faxes now because they were overwhelmed with them in the past. Your best bet is to call CRO and have them note your preferences on your reservation. You need to prioritize what is most important to you. The more you request the less chance you have of getting what you want.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

I seem to recall reading somewhere that due to chages in the systems they use, there is no longer a need to fax a request. May have been at WDWIG, or even here, I'm not sure. The key thing is to verify your requests EVERY time you call, and, like many have said, check a few days before you leave. I have had requests not met when we checked in, but if you are polite and calm in explaining your situation, it has been my experience that the CM's will go to great lengths to accomodate you if at all possible. And I totally agree that the fewer requests you make the better. One or two is about all you will get. I remember a trip two years ago, where I had flowers and champagne sent to the room as a surprise to my wife for when we checked in. This was at ASMusic. WHen we checked in, I was told that the one request I had made (king size bed instead of two doubles) had been missed. THe CM made a few inquiries, and got us a room with a king at ASMovies. He had us check our luggage, so they would deliver it to our room, and by the time we walked to our new room at the next resort, the flowers and champagne had already been moved to our new room! The luggage showed up about five minutes later. The level of service they gave was unbelievable!

Upvote 0

vilegirl

soin2disney said:
Does anyone out there know an exact room number at the Grand Floridian that has a great view of the castle???????? thanx

I don't remember off the top of my head, but I can check for you. The room we had at the GF back in March had a wonderful view of the castle. The picture I use for my avatar is from that room! The building was Sago Cay. I'll find the room number for you.

Upvote 0

swimmom

epcotfan said:
Many of the resorts are ignoring faxes now because they were overwhelmed with them in the past. Your best bet is to call CRO and have them note your preferences on your reservation. You need to prioritize what is most important to you. The more you request the less chance you have of getting what you want.

Ditto. When making our last reservation, the CM told me that you need to make your requests at that time. She didn't come right out and say faxes were being ignored, but she stressed the importance of requests at the time you make your reservation. She also told me that requests for health reasons were guaranteed. i.e. non-smoking room due to asthma/allergies.

Upvote 0

Adayinthelife

This is just a friendly reminder to what a request means. It means that you asked for a certain thing, that is all. Disney does not guarantee many things with hotels, pretty much only handicap, type of room, and a few other things. For example, at the Contemporary Resort people can book a tower room, they may request a MK view but it is never ever guaranteed. The same goes for the Toy Story section at the all star resort. I would agree with other people by saying that checking in early and also covering your bases before hand can help.

I hope I dont come off sounding rude, I just think back to my time at the Contemporary and how people would book the standard room and tell their kids they are going to see the castle. When you tell them that they are going to not even be in the tower they give you a look that you just ruined their life.

So just remember everyone, dont let a failed room request ruin your vacation. Remember, you are in Disney World. Dont let the vacation start out bad. Also, be nice to the front desk people. We always try to do our best to get everything good in the world of magic.

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Where do you get the fax numbers for the resorts?

I am staying at Contemporary Resort Tower Room and want MK side. I have lucked out many times. I have stayed there 3 times and everytime I requested it through Central Reservation, I gotten Tower viewing MK. Best view of the Fireworks!!! Don't have to leave your room!!!!

Upvote 0

soin2disney

Hi Again...

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone new an exact room number in the Grand Floridian that have a PERFECT view of the castle??????? I have 61 days to go until I'm in the HAPPY PLACE......thanx

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I took my 78-year-young Dad to WDW last November, and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I requested two first-floor rooms close to the food court and bus stop because Dad has limited mobility, and they were absolutely terrific about granting our request! Pam (Kingdom Konsultant) made our reservations for us, and did our room requests. I'd agree with going for the overkill as far as requests go - call, fax, e-mail, send a messenger with a forked stick, whatever it takes! :lol:

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

I have been pretty lucky. I usually mention my request at reservation time, then ask again at check-in. They only time I didn't get what I wanted was last year at WL...I asked for a bunk bed room, but they were not available. I had booked a standard room because that was all that was left at the time and they upgraded us to a very nice woodview room facing MK. We could see the fireworks perfectly!!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi, we just got back from PORS, we checked in on Friday April 29th, so I called the Monday before and requested a 1st floor room (double stroller and young kids) in building 14 (or any other building near there). We got room 1417 and it was very nice.

My only wish was they had a small set of stairs right outside the room, it would of been nicer if it had a ramp instead. There was a ramp on the other side of the buildig, but we mostly carried the stroller up or down the 3 steps.

The building was very quiet and nice. You are going to love it.

My advice is it can't hurt to ask nicely, at least they know what you want in advance instead of trying to accomidate you once you get there and many of the rooms are taken.

Good Luck!!!!

Upvote 0

bandman

I think it is interesting that according to everyone's recent experiences- mine included -they do not EVER guarantee things like a view of the castle, etc.

i remember back in the early 90's, every time I would call to get a reservation at the Poly, the CRO would say something like, "let me tell you about the room that I am going to offer you: it is a view overlooking the water and Cinderella's Castle." This always sounded guaranteed to me.

they always started out by offering me this kind of room. Anyone else remember this? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom