room number = floor?

tmstephe

Just a quick question that I'm sure someone out there can answer.

I've stayed in both POR Alligator Bayou and CBR Aruba (which, unless I'm mistaken, are physically identical). With a room number like 5320, the first two digits are the building number. Is there a way to tell from the room number if it's first or second floor?

Thanks! :wave:

Larry Mondello

Just a quick question that I'm sure someone out there can answer.

I've stayed in both POR Alligator Bayou and CBR Aruba (which, unless I'm mistaken, are physically identical). With a room number like 5320, the first two digits are the building number. Is there a way to tell from the room number if it's first or second floor?

Thanks! :wave:

As I recall, the first digit (leftmost) is the building No. the second is the floor and the last two are the individual room on that floor.

I'm 99.9% sure of that but could be wrong

Upvote 0

sbkline

As I recall, the first digit (leftmost) is the building No. the second is the floor and the last two are the individual room on that floor.

I'm 99.9% sure of that but could be wrong

Interestingly, I was just thinking about this same thing a week or two ago. We stayed on the 3rd floor of Casitas 2 last year at Coronado Springs. Our room number was 2330. I concluded that it was because the 2 was because it was Casitas 2, the 3 was because it was the 3rd floor and the 30 was the room number on that floor.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Room numbering is different at every resort, and even within a resort it can change.

Careful, this post may have more about Disney room numebring than you'll ever want to know. ;)

I know for Caribbean Beach, the first two digits are the building number. The last two digits can be anywhere from 01 to 64. Rooms 01 to 32 are on the first floor (with numbers starting at one corner of the building and wrapping all the way around so that room 32 is behind room 01), and rooms 33 to 64 are on the second floor, in the same order as on the first.

At Riverside, the Aligator Bayou buildings follow this exact same rule, seeing as how they're essentially the same design as the CBR buildings, just with different exteriors.
The Mansion buildings are where it gets tricky. I don't know the exact rule, but the first two digits tell you not only what building you're in, but also the floor and the side of the building you're in.
I may have the north/south swapped but as an example, Oak Manor is Building 90 at POR. Rooms 90xx are on the first floor of the north half of the building, rooms 91xx are the first floor of the south half. Rooms 92xx are second floor north, 93xx are second floor south. And finally 94xx are the rooms on the third floor, which are only in the center section of the building.

I would presume that the Cabanas buildings at Coronado Springs, which are yet again the same design at the CBR buildings, follows this scheme, but perhaps with a slight alteration because of the 8A/8B and 9A/9B building numbers.

The numbering schemes are also a bit odd at the All-Stars. There, the rooms numbers were set up so that every room has a unique room number within the entire All-Star complex.
The first two digits point toward a building number and floor combination. Rooms 11xx are the first floor of Building 1 at Sports, Rooms 14xx are first floor of Building 1 at Music, Rooms 17xx are first floor of Building 1 at Movies. Then the second floor of those buildings would be, in order, 12xx, 15xx and 18xx. Building 10 is indicated by a Zero in the first digit.

At Pop Century, it's currently that the first digit is the building (with a zero indicating Building 10), and the second digit is the floor. I presume that the original plan was that the Legendary Years would follow the same "no room number is duplicated" scheme as at the All-Stars, where the first floor on their building 1 would start 15xx. It remains to be seen if they will still follow this scheme when Art of Animation opens.

At both the All-Stars and Pop Century, the last two digits mark the room number. I believe they start with 01 to the right of the center icon of the building (when facing the icon) and then wrap around the building, ending to the left of the icon with room 64 at the All-Stars, and 72 at Pop Century (because of the larger buildings).

So putting all that together, room number 9964 at All-Star Movies would be Building 9, third floor, the room just to the left of the icon for that building (when looking from the courtyard).

Whew! Got all that? ;)

-Rob

Upvote 0

sbkline

Room numbering is different at every resort, and even within a resort it can change.

Careful, this post may have more about Disney room numebring than you'll ever want to know. ;)

I know for Caribbean Beach, the first two digits are the building number. The last two digits can be anywhere from 01 to 64. Rooms 01 to 32 are on the first floor (with numbers starting at one corner of the building and wrapping all the way around so that room 32 is behind room 01), and rooms 33 to 64 are on the second floor, in the same order as on the first.

At Riverside, the Aligator Bayou buildings follow this exact same rule, seeing as how they're essentially the same design as the CBR buildings, just with different exteriors.
The Mansion buildings are where it gets tricky. I don't know the exact rule, but the first two digits tell you not only what building you're in, but also the floor and the side of the building you're in.
I may have the north/south swapped but as an example, Oak Manor is Building 90 at POR. Rooms 90xx are on the first floor of the north half of the building, rooms 91xx are the first floor of the south half. Rooms 92xx are second floor north, 93xx are second floor south. And finally 94xx are the rooms on the third floor, which are only in the center section of the building.

I would presume that the Cabanas buildings at Coronado Springs, which are yet again the same design at the CBR buildings, follows this scheme, but perhaps with a slight alteration because of the 8A/8B and 9A/9B building numbers.

The numbering schemes are also a bit odd at the All-Stars. There, the rooms numbers were set up so that every room has a unique room number within the entire All-Star complex.
The first two digits point toward a building number and floor combination. Rooms 11xx are the first floor of Building 1 at Sports, Rooms 14xx are first floor of Building 1 at Music, Rooms 17xx are first floor of Building 1 at Movies. Then the second floor of those buildings would be, in order, 12xx, 15xx and 18xx. Building 10 is indicated by a Zero in the first digit.

At Pop Century, it's currently that the first digit is the building (with a zero indicating Building 10), and the second digit is the floor. I presume that the original plan was that the Legendary Years would follow the same "no room number is duplicated" scheme as at the All-Stars, where the first floor on their building 1 would start 15xx. It remains to be seen if they will still follow this scheme when Art of Animation opens.

At both the All-Stars and Pop Century, the last two digits mark the room number. I believe they start with 01 to the right of the center icon of the building (when facing the icon) and then wrap around the building, ending to the left of the icon with room 64 at the All-Stars, and 72 at Pop Century (because of the larger buildings).

So putting all that together, room number 9964 at All-Star Movies would be Building 9, third floor, the room just to the left of the icon for that building (when looking from the courtyard).

Whew! Got all that? ;)

-Rob

Uh...no. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

TOTGuy

Polynesian
1-Floor
2-Building
34-Room

Grand
4-Building
3-Floor
21-Room

Cont-Tower
7+2=9-Floor
31-Room

BLT
7122/8122
71=01 floor
22=Room
81=11 floor
22=Room

Those are all the ones I can remember.

Upvote 0

Jon_in_NC

Polynesian
1-Floor
2-Building
34-Room

Grand
4-Building
3-Floor
21-Room

Cont-Tower
7+2=9-Floor
31-Room

BLT
7122/8122
71=01 floor
22=Room
81=11 floor
22=Room

Those are all the ones I can remember.

Not to add to the confusion, but I just got back form the Contemporary and I was in room 4511. Ninth floor on Bay Lake side. So...4+5=9-Floor, 11-Room.

http://www.disneycontemporary.com/image/view/611/_original

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom