Romantic spots in or around WDW and Orlando area

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
I am taking my girlfriend to Florida for the 1st time 1st week of March and I am wanting to romance her at some local establishments around WDW and Orlando area. We will be hitting Epcot for one day but rest of our stay we will be looking for things to do. Any ideas or tips?

Mickey87

Sorry if I misinterpret the question but if you are looking for romantic things to do, I would say EPCOT is an excellent area. At night, world showcase is illuminated beautifully. I can't begin to tell you how many couples I've seen strolling throughout world showcase taking in the atmosphere walking hand in hand, or even stopping at the pier at Italy. If you are looking a good restaurant, I've never been there but I've heard Shula's steak house, located at the Dolphin, is romantic and the steaks there are incredible. Its relatively close to Epcot as well. I may be wrong but I believe you can take the ferry from Epcot to Disney's Boardwalk (maybe even directly to the Swan and Dolphin.) Also, located across from Disney's Boardwalk is a long beach with those two-seater swings that give you and your girlfriend some privacy.

If you can get in to Cinderella's Royal table and get a seat at the window, that provides some privacy while you have a great view over fantasyland. I believe there is also something you can get called The Chocolate Slipper? It is a chocolate slipper filled with the Grey Stuff.These would be some of my choices but I am single so what do I know, lol.

BigRedDad

It depends on what you consider romantic. For my wife, it was going to WDW and enjoying the parks at night. The parks are completely different at night vs the day. We honeymooned there and loved Tapestry of Nations. We wound up going to Epcot 3 nights just to experience that festival, have drinks at different countries, and enjoy the lighting, music, and atmosphere. We also enjoyed just sitting by the fires at AKL at night.

Walt Disney1955

Bok Tower Gardens. About an hour south of Orlando.

Yes. I loved that place when I was a kid. The first (and only?) time I have ever had a squirrel eat food out of my hand. I was floored just how trusting and friendly the animals were there. I can see that being a romantic place, very quiet.

I'd also throw in watching the parade and the fireworks. Taking the ferry back to the parking lot is an amazing view at night, you can't beat that.

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
I agree with strolling the Boardwalk loop at night. My husband and I frequently do that.

Also if you can make your way over to Port Orleans Riverside, they offer horse drawn carriage rides. :)
I had actually researched this after I posted and was going to ask about the carriage ride there. Do you have to make appointment?

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
Also I am going to Epcot and the Boardwalk but want to do things away from there as well. Epcot will be perfect as far as I am concerned but we are there a week and want to explore a bit.

sophie_the_pooh

The gardens in Canada Pavilion are nice and romantic, and so is dinner At The Flying Fish cafe at the Boardwalk, food is good and the atmosphere is great. Strolling around the boardwalk after dinner is also very romantic.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A romantic restaurant in Epcot that isn't super expensive would be the San Angel Inn in Mexico. Reviews of it are up and down but I really enjoyed my meal there, we didn't have the best table (a table by the "river" would be better) but we walked up and got a spot instead of getting an ADR.

mousehockey37

I am taking my girlfriend to Florida for the 1st time 1st week of March and I am wanting to romance her at some local establishments around WDW and Orlando area. We will be hitting Epcot for one day but rest of our stay we will be looking for things to do. Any ideas or tips?

Be creative, make your own romantic times. IMHO if you have to rely on your wallet to create romance then you're going about it all wrong. Sure, throwing around some $$ can help, but it's not the total answer.

That said, pick a place, make some magical romantic memories, don't do anything stupid or do something stupid (it can work both ways for some) and you may find that romance can come without a price tag.

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
I am not planning on throwing around money other than our day hopefully at Epcot. We really just like to go to parks and see nature and be away from the hullabaloo of the city life. As I said it does not have to be Disney related I am just looking for ideas at other establishments in the area for romantic ideas. Some of the stuff will be put on back burner as we watch her daughter play in a tourney for Trine University while there.

3 so far we are doing are
Epcot
Boardwalk at night by walking from Mini Golf course.
BOK Tower Gardens

CP_alum08

Not sure how far you want to drive, but Cocoa beach is always fun and a walk on the sand at night is definitely romantic!

Not much in downtown Orlando I'm afraid. Although I haven't been in almost 6 years! Your typical "nice" restaurants and such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom