Romantic Dinner

MR. DISNEY

Original Poster
My wife and I are going to WDW for the first time ALONE in 6 years. We have a 5-year-old daughter and Grandma and Grandpa are going to take care of her for a week. We have been out of the LOOP for great places to go for alone time. We are not Victoria and Albert’s kind of people, but we like romantic places. Money is not a problem within reason. We are staying at the OKW resort. We are AP, DDE, and DVC members. Any help would be appreciated.

STITCHRULES

If you like exotic you should try Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Went there for Honeymoon and many times since and it is always good and always romantic. Artists Point at Wilderness Lodge is also very romantic- dinner items are Salmon, Steaks, etc. In the parks we like the Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney Studios) and Le Cellier (Epcot). Cinderellas was okay- the ambiance is nice but the food was not great. If you are into steak houses you can try the Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disneys Yacht CLub Resort. Hope this helps and enjoy.

bluefaery

I know it's a character dining but Liberty Tree Tavern is a wonderful place. It's cozy and warm. My fiance' and I love going there.

MichRX7

Premium Member
Try and book the California Grill on top of the Contemporary about one hour away from the wishes fireworks in MK. They dim the lights, pump in the sound from the park and you get to watch them explode at eye level.

Very romantic (or at least my wife and I thought so)

ErickainPA

Our wedding night dinner we had at the Artist Point at the WL, loved it. Cedar plank Salmon was my favorite.

We went to California Grill and lots of people say that's romantic cause the fireworks, but personally we didn't like it. They didn't give you much food and it was pricey also a bit too noisy for us. We saw the fireworks but we could see them from our resort from the comfort of our room

beagle 1

I would highly recommend any of the following for great food and a nice romantic settings.

1. Shula's Steakhouse at the Swan.

2. Le Cellier's in the Canadian Showcase.

3. Marrakesh in the Morroco Showcase.

4. Mama Melrose at MGM (can always get a voucher to see Fantasmic)

Steamboat_Kevin

I'd suggest Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada showcase. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing, perfect for a romantic evening, and the food is great.

My second choice would be California Grill at the Contemporary.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, a dining experience everyone should do once is Victoria and Alberts...it truly is a wonderful 2+ hours with terrific food and varied wines (pairings).

Next to that I would also second Artists Point as fairly undiscovered, quiet and romantic. Citrico's and Flying Fish are good but a bit noisier. Yachtsman's Steakhouse is very nice is steak is your preference (although they have a varied offering as well)

Scott M

My wife and I enjoyed the restaurant in EPCOT's France (I forget the name). We requested a window table right before Illuminations began (or whatever the current fireworks show may be). I'm not a French cuisine type of guy, but I have to say that the food was excellent. In addition to the food, I believe that this restaurant in France is the only one that gives you a quality view of the EPCOT fireworks show.

We also enjoyed the restaurant in EPCOT's Mexico (once again, the name escapes me). We requested a waterside table and loved the effects which create the feeling of actually being outside on a starlit evening. It's beautiful.

Our 3rd favorite would have to be the Coral Reef (hey, I remembered the name!) in EPCOT's Living Seas. There's a whole transparent wall dedicated to the aquarium. The food is very good and the view is terrific.

Scott

ErickainPA

Forgot to add, Morrocco was also a really nice restaurant, romantic I would say as well. (we were on our honeymoon when we went there, it was great)

shoppingnut

STITCHRULES said:
If you like exotic you should try Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Went there for Honeymoon and many times since and it is always good and always romantic. Artists Point at Wilderness Lodge is also very romantic- dinner items are Salmon, Steaks, etc. In the parks we like the Hollywood Brown Derby (Disney Studios) and Le Cellier (Epcot). Cinderellas was okay- the ambiance is nice but the food was not great. If you are into steak houses you can try the Yachtsman Steakhouse at Disneys Yacht CLub Resort. Hope this helps and enjoy.

Totally Agree!!

Buckeye

beagle 1 said:
I would highly recommend any of the following for great food and a nice romantic settings.

1. Shula's Steakhouse at the Swan.

I totally agree (except that it is in the Dolphin). Shula's is very dimly lit and romantic. You get outstanding, attentive service. It is pricey, (Figure $100 a couple w/o drinks) but, in my opinion, is well worth it. The steaks are top notch. I've never had the lobster, but it was the biggest one I've ever seen. It depends on what you are looking for. Shula's is an escape from the parks and a destination I look forward to every trip.

Sloan

romantic EVENING

I love Califonia Grill and Le Cellier as have been suggested above, but for a truly romantic dinner/evening and total experience, I add my vote for Jiko - it has the great food, atmosphere and service you would expect, with the added (and unique) bonus of being in the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is beautiful and quite romantic. The ability to stroll around the various Savannahs and check out the beautiful scenery and animals, either before or after your meal (or, better yet, both!), is what makes it a clear winner in my book. (there are also two options for 'sitting around the fire' @ AKL- a nice touch

lawyergirl77

I would definitely suggest Artist Point! It's my favourite restaurant in the World and it is usually very nice, quiet and romantic. The food is extraordinary too.

However, I haven't had a chance to go to Jiko yet and it looks fabulous!! If you are adventurous eaters, it may be a great bet - the AKL is unbelivably romantic too!

I would steer clear of Morocco. While the restaurant is quite good, it does get incredibly loud in there with the belly dancer and so I'm not sure that it's the greatest idea for a romantic dinner. If you do want to try some of the countries in Epcot for romance, DH and I have always loved the San Angel Inn (Mexico - there's just something about perpetual twilight) and Le Cellier.

KeithVH

I guess I'll have to make known my lone vote for Narcoossee's. Multiple trips, never had a bad experience there. That's our date night place while the kids wander Epcot by themselves. Have we been lucky? No one ever talks about or recommends this place. I'd consider it very romantic, especially at night.

debpeduz

I would also like to recommend Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. It has great food, very good service and the cheescake is to die for! My family has been there countless times and we have never had a bad experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom