Romantic Dining

mpoppins217

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone has some ideas/stories about romantic dining experiences. There may be a thread or info out there on this already and if someone has that information and wants to link me there that'd be great too. I'm just looking to garner some ideas.

tjkref418

to me the most romantic meal has to be Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

However, the price here can be prohibitive.

California Grill offers very good food, and a great view and it was very romantic (tends the be very crowded).

I have had a few quiet romantic dinners at Jiko.

imagine_82

try dining in morocco late in the evening (after the distracting belly dancers). there are some nice cozy tables for 2.

i also like the coral reef; it's just got a special ambiance.

oh! and artist's point at WL...LOVE that place.

Princess Clayre

My Hubby and I had an amazing anniversary meal at California Grill a few years ago. We were lucky enough to get to get a corner table overlooking MK so had a fantastic view of the fireworks.

This year (after the recommendation of people on this site) we are going to try Artist Point for our anniversary.

The other place a like is the restaurants along the Boardwalk. I like sitting at one of the outside tables and watching the world go by. I looks so pretty in the evening and again you get to see some of the Epcot fireworks.

evanssc

to me the most romantic meal has to be Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian.

However, the price here can be prohibitive.

California Grill offers very good food, and a great view and it was very romantic (tends the be very crowded).

I have had a few quiet romantic dinners at Jiko.

I agree completely.
Victoria and Albert’s is a very special place to spend an evening. My wife and I have had the opportunity to eat there twice in the past few years and have loved the experience. The service is impeccable and they truly go above and beyond to make your meal something to remember.

California Grill is also one of our favorites. The view is unmatched and the cast members have always been more than helpful with trying their best to accommodate our table request. The menu is in my opinion the best at WDW from top to bottom, and the Reserve Wine List is stellar.
You would not go wrong with either of these.
Hope you have a very special meal wherever you dine.

Mr.EPCOT

I think 'Ohana is very romantic myself, although if it's particularly busy with families, then that might turn some people off. But otherwise, it has a very nice, relaxed atmosphere, dim torch-lit lighting, a great view of the Polynesian and the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom beyond, the large grill in the middle cooking your food. And the food is awesome.

I haven't been there myself yet, but I've heard the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a good place to go.

skeeder

April 2007 My husband and I had our anniversary dinner at the California Grill. The atmosphere was romantic. They knew it was our anniversary and someone at the restaurant took our picture. The food was great :slurp::slurp: and we had an excellent server. When wishes was getting close to beginning he took our dessert order and said after wishes it would be ready for us. When wishes was over we had dessert. At the end of the meal someone had brought us the picture in a holder (I dont know how to explain this-like what you get at Akershus but smaller) and across from our picture was a picture of the fireworks with the castle - Beautiful. On the outside it says California Grill. What an experience and it is something special that I will always remember.

davinakb

Lots of good suggestions (also love V&A). Other options: Jiko, Narcoosees or Bistro de Paris; we've found them to be nice and quiet, which would be ideal for a romantic evening. FWIW.

danpam1024

We ate at the counter @ the Flying Fish in Dec. It was nice and warm and I thought it was romantic, we got to sit really close:) Bistro is cozy. Narcoossee's is excellent, better than Cali Grill IMO.

DougK

I disagree that California Grill is romantic, at least not in the classic definition of the word.

It IS an excellent restaurant (try the filet) and the view of MK and the fireworks cannot be beat, but it is crowded and loud like most restaurants at WDW. It is not exactly romantic, but it is a great experience. Just keep that in mind.

For romantic I believe Victoria and Albert's fit the bill. We have not ever been there but we just made ADR's for our anniversary July 25. Normally we don't go to WDW in the summer heat but we are going this year especially for V&A. Can't wait!

alilance

:wave:I like eating in Mexico! It's nice and dark and romantic! Ask for a table near the water! We ate their the night we got engaged right there in Epcot! And also for our honeymoon too! Great tequilla and coffee drinks too!! Have fun!!! I'll be eating there my first night, 58 days and counting!!:ROFLOL:

Grumpy-Fan

My wife and I ate at the CG this past Valentines Day. Even-though it was busy and somewhat noisy, The experience was amazing. The staff was fantastic and very welcoming. We felt as though we were the only people there. While we were sipping our wine we were watching A spectacular sunset over the Kingdom. The fireworks from the observation deck were absolutely incredible. Oh yeah, the food was among the best we have ever had. I really can`t say enough about it. The evening was really magical.

slappy magoo

I disagree that California Grill is romantic, at least not in the classic definition of the word.

It IS an excellent restaurant (try the filet) and the view of MK and the fireworks cannot be beat, but it is crowded and loud like most restaurants at WDW. It is not exactly romantic, but it is a great experience. Just keep that in mind.
Probably a good thing to always keep in mind is the clientele of any given restaurant on any given day can vary wildly, with the likely exception od V&A's. Kids ae welcome everywhere and even "classy" people can become obnoxious a-holes after a few belts on a dehydratingly hot day.

The suggestions provided thus far are awesome, but any given day they can turn into madhouses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom