RoE Globe

askmike1

Original Poster
I don't know if this was posted anywhere else, but does anyone know what is up with RoE's globe? It seems like everytime I've seen the show lately it refused to work. I saw the show a couple of days ago, and while it flickered a few times, it didn't come on fully until the hot air balloon section. Tonight, the globe came out and stood dark the entire show (parts of it were on for about a minute or so, but that is it). Also, I don't know whether it is just because I haven't payed attention to those parts, but the times it did come on it seemed to have different footage (mixed in with normal video).

So what's up with the globe? Is it a fluke I happened to catch more than once? Is there something wrong with it? Anyone know?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's been under refurb recently, and they have still been tweaking and finishing up some items. I'm not sure whether you had some bad luck and caught it on a few bad nights, or if now they have a more ongoing issue.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know if this was posted anywhere else, but does anyone know what is up with RoE's globe? It seems like everytime I've seen the show lately it refused to work. I saw the show a couple of days ago, and while it flickered a few times, it didn't come on fully until the hot air balloon section. Tonight, the globe came out and stood dark the entire show (parts of it were on for about a minute or so, but that is it). Also, I don't know whether it is just because I haven't payed attention to those parts, but the times it did come on it seemed to have different footage (mixed in with normal video).

So what's up with the globe? Is it a fluke I happened to catch more than once? Is there something wrong with it? Anyone know?

I have heard about the problem's as well...Guess all the bugs from the refurb are not worked out.:dazzle:

RSoxNo1

I saw illuminations 3 times since 11/30 and it seemed to be working correctly. For what it's worth, the newbies I was with on that trip were bored by the Earth Globe, and found Fantasmic to be a much better show. I disagree, but it's interesting to see what the perspective of first timers might be.

hpyhnt 1000

It was working fine on 11/29 when I was there, though there was a momentary glitch in the signal which caused the images to become scrambled. Guess there's still some bugs to be worked out... :shrug:

And the Earth Globe, BORING? :eek: Only if you don't know the story, which many people don't, and which is not all that easy to identify either, whether or not you're a first timer. :(

EPCOT Explorer

It was working fine on 12/6 when I was there, though there was a momentary glitch in the signal which caused the images to become scrambled. Guess there's still some bugs to be worked out... :shrug:

And the Earth Globe, BORING? :eek: Only if you don't know the story, which many people don't, and which is not all that easy to identify either, whether or not you're a first timer. :(

I don't even see how the EG is boring in the 1st place...How often do you see a barge, holding a huge globe, projecting images and colors, ACROSS WATER, synchronised to music. Are people dead from the neck up!?:lol::lol:

Or are they accustomed to these things? Maybe I need to go to EPCOT more.:lookaroun

hcswingfield

Vern and I were there last night and the globe didn't illuminate - they tried a couple of times, but there was no China, Russia, or the eastern half of North America. Interesting tidbit - on the schedule board at Coronado Springs yesterday morning it showed a Siemens corporate meeting, with a special bus to Epcot leaving at 4:30. So evidently there were suits from the sponsor there to see the show not working properly. On the positive side, the fireworks were awesome.

EPCOT Explorer

It was working fine on 12/6 when I was there, though there was a momentary glitch in the signal which caused the images to become scrambled. Guess there's still some bugs to be worked out... :shrug:

Vern and I were there last night and the globe didn't illuminate - they tried a couple of times, but there was no China, Russia, or the eastern half of North America. Interesting tidbit - on the schedule board at Coronado Springs yesterday morning it showed a Siemens corporate meeting, with a special bus to Epcot leaving at 4:30. So evidently there were suits from the sponsor there to see the show not working properly. On the positive side, the fireworks were awesome.

Ah, most interesting! Thanks.

When you say the fireworks were awesome, do you mean the timings or just in general?

Disneyson 1

I understand the globe "story" thing... Disney should hand out little slips with the Illuminations story in each country like how they have the maps... one pile in english and one in the country's language!

Chape19714

On thursday It really didn't work very well at all. Very small little sections of continents, and only for about 30 seconds total. Also, about 6 shells from the peace on earth finale were accidently fired during "We Go On". :lookaroun. It's being pretty temprimental, as the show was near perfect on Tuesday night. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

On thursday It really didn't work very well at all. Very small little sections of continents, and only for about 30 seconds total. Also, about 6 shells from the peace on earth finale were accidently fired during "We Go On". :lookaroun. It's being pretty temprimental, as the show was near perfect on Tuesday night. :shrug:

:ROFLOL::dazzle::ROFLOL:

That musta been nice...Calm sounds, music...BOOOM! :lol::rolleyes:

But I am glad to hear that it was ok on tues.:D

We saw a problem first week in December one night they had a tough time to get it to play. All in all it was so much clearer then we ever remember seeing. Way to go Disney for the great work on making the earth barge so much more vivid.:sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom