Rock N' Rollercoaster ???

Skylinecar1982

Original Poster
oh ok I definately know what the sign is now. I just never put the 2 together. When would they delete the photo because I did it in the photo but then again I also didn't try to buy it.

If he does throw this sign up for that purpose then why put it to his forehead???? I am a 24/m and know a thing or two about being obscene but don't have a clue about this. And not to go into detail too much but the shocker is typically holding your ring finger back not your middle.

Figment82

When would they delete the photo because I did it in the photo but then again I also didn't try to buy it.

They would delete the photo flat out so it wouldn't even appear on the screens as you exited the ride. It would just come up as "lost" and you would never see it. If you saw your photo as you exited, then I guess what I was told is right. I guess it all depends on who is working the photo censoring.

slappy magoo

But as was said before he does it in concert and has been doing it since the 70's. It's just him being who he is. Seriously, if he wanted to show the shocker or wanted to put another inappropriate gesture or word in there, he would have. If you don't get what I mean, check out the lyrics to Devil's Got A New Disguise and see what he got by the censors.

That's circuitous logic my friend. "He didn't do it, because if he wanted to do something like that, he would've done it!" :lol:

Yes, yes he did it. And I'm willing to bet anybody a shiny red apple that it's one of those things where, if you were working on the ride, and you knew what it meant, you didn't tell the people who didn't know what it meant. If you're a Disney exec and didn't know that motion could be interepreted to be somehting vulgar, you didn't think twice about it. In fact, you probably thought the same way WB does "Oh, that's just something he probably does in concert, probably the fans know what it means!" And by the time the implications of the gesture get to the suits, it's too late, Aerosmith aren't coming back to re-do their little filmed intro, the money's been spent, all you can do is hope nobody else "gets it," and have an alibi ready if/when they do.

I'm sure when Gene Simmons wags his tongue at a woman in the audience, he just means that he thinks she's hot and makes him pant like a dog...yeah...that's it...

And the Aerosmith song "Pink" is just about Tyler's favorite color...sssssssuuuurrrrreeee. :lookaroun

It also reminds me of that brief period where White Castle decided to start calling their burgers "sliders" because that's what "the kids on the street" were calling them. I guess someone had to explain to the people who sit on the board WHY people call White Castle burgers sliders, and suddenly that term seemed to be slightly less prominent in their advertising. :lol:

jjgoo

Now way. I do not believe this is some obscure obscene hand gesture. It has got to just be his way of showing that he is trying to think.

Thinking that it is an obscene gesture is reading waaaaaaaay too far into it.

I don't know, but I would like to think that he is a little smarted than to do something like that especially given the kind of constant exposure the ride gives his band. Plus I know the guy was never father of the year but he has kids too and probably would not want to expose tens of thousands of kids to an obscene gesture.

bbrerrabbit

This has made me chuckle! I don't know if I am just getting old or have been living in a cave, but this is all new to me. Thanks for the laugh!:lol:

doombuggie

it is 100% the shocker...he covers it up by putting it too his forehead like he is thinking....

nonone just puls back their ring finger for ANYTHING besides the shocker

ImaYoyo

Now way. I do not believe this is some obscure obscene hand gesture. It has got to just be his way of showing that he is trying to think.

Thinking that it is an obscene gesture is reading waaaaaaaay too far into it.

I don't know, but I would like to think that he is a little smarted than to do something like that especially given the kind of constant exposure the ride gives his band. Plus I know the guy was never father of the year but he has kids too and probably would not want to expose tens of thousands of kids to an obscene gesture.
The man is a world-famous rock star. There are LOTS of videos of him getting high, being WAY too drunk for his own good, and doing lots of not-so-father-friendly things... do you really believe that he wouldn't put in a 'funny yet obscene' gesture... I'm going to assume you've never been to an aerosmith concert, or for that matter heard any of their songs. Love in an elevator... does that sound like a song a 'family friendly' writer would produce? or pink? or THE ENTIRE COLLECTED WORKS OF AEROSMITH?

It's the shocker. Any current college or high school student can (and will happily) tell you what that is and that it's unmistakable.

HOWEVER, i do believe that most parents would be none-the-wiser to this gesture, as it does seem to be a generational thing for Y-ers and below, so I don't believe personally it's a big deal. Anyone that understands what it is, well, understands what it is and is not likely offended by it.

jjgoo

Sorry. I still think it is nothing that people are making something out of. If you want to see the image of the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast then you are going to see it.

I will admit that I had never even heard of the "shocker" before today. I am, however, well aware of Aerosmith's lyrics and past drug use etc, ImaYoYo. By the way I believe he claims to be clean and sober now.

It is still a completely different set of circumstances when you are writing lyrics or making a video as opposed to doing something for a theme park with kids.

My opinion (this is only my opinion, no need to attack me) is that the economics of keeping the ride themed to Aerosmith and introducing more and more young people to your music far out-weighs trying to sneak an obscene gesture into a video.

This is just the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast again. See what you want to think you are seeing. I'm going to take it only at it's face value, just his version of Pooh going "Think, Think Think."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom