Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

civileng68

Account Suspended
RnRr

I don't know what to tell you. I don't think it's due for any sort of MAJOR rehab. I think they're stuck on it. I think that when a ride malfunctions, if they know what it is, they fix it. Rehab is just to improve the look and feel of everything. The problem that RnRcr has is not just a rehab issue. It is a true malfunction problem. This is one of those things that you build and just never can fully get it right.

I think they are stuck or it would have been fixed by now. It's a shame because it is a great unique ride. The actual rollercoaster is not that great after the first loop but the music makes it great.

I hope they figure something out because I assure you this will hurt MGM Studios Theme Park.

I also am weary about spending my fast pass on it. I figure if I take one I cannot get another one for a couple hours, and then when I go back to use it, it is broken! that is so annoying!

The_CEO

Its also been having some computer problems. It wouldn't let it send a train.. So they would have to shut down the system and reboot. It was neat because they would go through the modes and everything. Very neat seeing RnR with lights on!! :)

WDWFREAK53

I must've rode this about 6 times last week...and...I can honestly say that I didn't have any problems whatsoever. (We did sit in the front seat every time though...so...maybe the roughness is only noticeable towards the rear of the train)

WEDMagic

The roughness depends on the trains themselves, some are bumpier on the tracks. The reason disney bought 3 coasters from vekoma was because Vekoma does have a very good design, and well disney got a good deal. WDI and Vekoma have been out at the park looking into the issues. Most of them are stemming from he launch and the LIM's that said they seem to be throwing the two ride computers off, then the computers stop comunicating and they have to go through that whole reset and start manual thing with the lights on. Thats what you get when you use windows 98. RNR was down 3 hours monday but that was about it for this week thus far

Melora

When we were there in Feb this year my teens and hubby rode it probably 20 times in the week we were there and they never had a problem. I didn't ride this time mostly because I was the one babysitting the 2 and (too scared to go) 8 year old. I did go on it in Aug 2001 though.

I'm a big wuss and may not go back on again when we go back in Dec.... if it were down I wouldn't have to make excuses!!!

Timekeeper

Friday

RnR was up and running all day this past Friday, with a healthy and consistent 1 hour wait time, with ToT wait times ranging from 20 min to 45 min. And all of this during day-long rain and cloudy skies.

The audio always performed and the ride seemed smoother than the Hulk over at IOA. No noticable "shake" in my opinion.

Tk

Mr. Toad

I was on it two times on the same morning back in early June. The first trip I was near the front and it was smooth but the audio died half way through the ride (and they did not back door us :().

About 20 minutes later I went on it again. Sat in the last car and the ride was "bumpier" but the audio was fine. Actually, the bumpier ride was more fun I think.

EmeraldDolphin

I haven't riden it since last summer... but I have always noticed that it's a bumpier ride the farther back you go... that's part of the fun for me! I can only hope that it's running well when I go the end of July... or guess I'll just have to go to IOA and ride Hulk & Dueling Dragons..............

Lee

Adventurer
RnRC's problems are typical. Nothing to be suprised, nor concerned about.
Sure, you'll get an off ride every now and then, but thats true for any major coaster.

Yes the back will be bumpier, wilder and faster, due to the physics of the ride. The front is always gonna be much smoother. But, all in all its the smoothest Vekoma I have ridden.

Wanna shake your vertebrae? Go out and ride Matterhorn...OOOwww!

And, hey, at least it's running! Dragster is open less than the Timekeeper!

Tim G

Originally posted by mkt
the ride has gotten EXTREMELY shaky and bumpy, as well as the ride audio failing in several of the ride vehicles. It's not as smooth as it once was.. [/QUOTE

Typical a Vekome product... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Corrus
Originally posted by mkt
the ride has gotten EXTREMELY shaky and bumpy, as well as the ride audio failing in several of the ride vehicles. It's not as smooth as it once was.. [/QUOTE

Typical a Vekome product... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats what concerns me about Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom