Rock n Roll: Roller Coaster

Harry456

Original Poster
Ello, Harry456 here:

One thing i was always wonder? Can some1 tell me how many specail tracks are in the Rock and Roll roller coaster? What i mean is how many corked scerweds, loopy loops, upside down tracks, are there.

I love this ride but i ride it and i only notice like one loopy loop. One time i got off and talking to a CM. He/she (can't remember lol) told me that there was like 2-3 loopy loops!

thz in advance!! :D

RonAnnArbor

All of the information you want is found here:

http://www.rocknrollercoaster.com/secrets.html

Believe it or not, there are people in this room who would not want to know how many loops and things are in it so as not to be a spoiler -- so read to your hearts delight and enjoy!

The coaster is also known as a Vekoma launched coaster. Disney does not allow Vekoma to disclose that they created this attraction.

The truth is, it is the EXACT same coaster found at many amusement parks, although they are outside, not enclosed within a building.

You can see photos of the ride layout (in bright sunlight) here:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig769.htm

One of the little known "secrets" of Walt Disney World is that they often do not create these rides, they just buy them from other companies, then market them as their own. They have express contracts with these companies that they will not disclose that they built them.

Rockn ROller Coaster is also known as XPress at Walibi World, and used to be called Superman the Ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There are 2 inversions. At the end of the launch straight you enter a loop - although at the top, inverted, instead of completing the loop and coming back down to face the direction you entered the loop in, you roll to the left, level off, and turn 180 degrees to the left - entering the first brake section facing the direction you entered, and to the right of, the loop.

There is also a single corkscrew.

dolbyman

The truth is, it is the EXACT same coaster found at many amusement parks, although they are outside, not enclosed within a building.

I know only one outside of disney (WDW and DLRP) the Former Six Flags Holland , (now Wallibie World) it used to be a Superman themed coaster but they had to give up all the copyrights ..

when I was there with some buddy we rode it 5 times in a row .. man this was crazy :lol:

Harry456

Original Poster
holy thieth!

i was almost right about the specail. lol, my dad beat me on the corkscrews. I love see the basicly-the-same roller coaster of RRRC was very cool! THZ for the info!!

btw is it possible to see rock n roll roller coaster with the lights on? The ride goes amazingly fast than the Space Mountain. Has it breakdown, and able to see the whole ride?

RonAnnArbor

As far as I know, no...it is impossible for you to be ON the actual coaster part of the ride when it breaks down -- it is a coaster that completes its route until it reaches the break area...being from Ohio, you can compare it to Gemini -- it is impossible for you to be on the ride itself once it leaves its launch hill -- you will coast to the end of the ride until you hit the air breaks in the toilet-flush circular area at the end.

There are photos online of the building of Rockin Roller Coaster if you do a google search - from the laying of the track to the building of the structure around it. I think that is the closest you are going to get to seeing it.

Harry456

Original Poster
that what i thought....it's impossible to stop during the ride, it'll have to go all the way through. thz RonAnnArbor!! btw nice cedar point smilie...didn't expect that....i see you live in Michgan.

Duh why didn't i think about "googleing" RnRRc on google. lol (is googleing a word now?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
RonAnnArbor - any idea why the brake zones have platforms and staircases down? Could this be for stops & evacs? Or pehaps just maintainence access to the brakes?

I do remember though WDSP changing the smoke machine fluid type (WDSP`s RnRC is heavily fogged to give the lighting maximum effect) - management reason was escape stairs were becomming too slippery from the deposits in the event of a ride evac.

Robfasto

RonAnnArbor - any idea why the brake zones have platforms and staircases down? Could this be for stops & evacs? Or pehaps just maintainence access to the brakes?

The platforms are for evacs, most rollercoasters have zones that do not allow 2 trains to be in the same zone. Most of the time the on ride brakes are at the end/beginning of a zone. If a train derails and doesn't 'clear' the zone then the train following would make an 'E-STOP' at the brake area before the next zone.

You can re-create this in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and 3 by having a short first zone and long 2nd zone. The second train stops and waits for the first train to clear.

aeromike

There are 2 inversions. At the end of the launch straight you enter a loop - although at the top, inverted, instead of completing the loop and coming back down to face the direction you entered the loop in, you roll to the left, level off, and turn 180 degrees to the left - entering the first brake section facing the direction you entered, and to the right of, the loop.

There is also a single corkscrew.

there are 3, the beggining part where it goes through 2 halves of a cobra roll, then a corckscrew near the end

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom