Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

SSG

rock.jpeg

Ismael Flores

I think an indoor segment would be great! Some less static AAs would be good and updating the way Africans/natives are represented would help the ride tremendously.
Interesting thing is that I have been to parts of remote Africa and there are still many tribes that live,dress and hunt like what is represented on the jungle cruise

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

I would love for the Jungle Cruise to receive thoughtful, effective updates.

That's not what this is, and it's frankly distressing. The parks are now viewed by execs solely as a marketing machine for film franchises. That's bad for the parks in both the short and long term.

And yes, the 2006 Depp redo of Pirates ruined the ride, neutering a masterpiece.

I adore Dwayne, but I don't need him in the Jungle Cruise.

drizgirl

That's not what this is, and it's frankly distressing. The parks are now viewed by execs solely as a marketing machine for film franchises. That's bad for the parks in both the short and long term.

And yes, the 2006 Depp redo of Pirates ruined the ride, neutering a masterpiece.

IP Land marches on.

Curious Constance

They aren't actually putting a Dwayne AA in the Jungle Cruise are they?

GiveMeTheMusic

If there's one thing I can't stand about the Disney fan community, it's the way they imbue freaking amusement park attractions with a bizarre sanctity. It's fundamentalist religion applied to robot animals. Bizarre.

I don't see the Jungle Cruise as sacred. I would love for them to really go in and upgrade the living crap out of it and make it awesome.

I don't want them to shove in elements from a movie loosely based on the ride. The ride is its own masterpiece - why should it be subjugated to the whims of studio execs who refuse to greenlight original material? What would the Jungle Cruise gain from a Dwayne AA, or a set of them? Why does it now have to be altered to fit a movie that may or may not be any good?

Again, theme park attractions are their own art form, not just living commercials for Disney movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom