Robert Sherman has passed

mep517

His songs are the soundtrack to millions and millions of childhoods. I'm sure he's up there playing "Feed the Birds" to Walt right now. RIP Mr. Sherman.

HM GhostHostess

This is terribly sad. I just recently watched the The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story and I gained an even greater appreciation for Robert and Richard's work and their relationship with the Walt Disney Company. It's a shame to lose such a musical genius.

Rest in peace Robert Sherman. His family is in my prayers. And his legacy and spirit will live on through his music.

Tom

Beta Return
Quite sad indeed, but glad to hear he went peacefully.

And as bad as it may sound, I honestly thought he had already died. He's never seen at any events, so I guess I just assumed he had passed. Now I'm sorry to hear he was battling for this life all this time :(

FreedomWrangler

RIP Mr. Sherman. We are blessed by his voluminous amount of great work. Prayers to your family and friends.

I didn't hear this...thank you WDWMagic.

JimboJones123

Between this and the Ralph McQuirre news this weekend, I fear who will finish off this heart wrenching trifecta.

We could only hope to bring as much joy to this world as Robert Sherman.

prberk

This is terribly sad. I just recently watched the The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story and I gained an even greater appreciation for Robert and Richard's work and their relationship with the Walt Disney Company. It's a shame to lose such a musical genius.

Rest in peace Robert Sherman. His family is in my prayers. And his legacy and spirit will live on through his music.

I was just going to recommend this film for everyone. If you have not seen, please do. It is a must-see for Disney fans.

And the DVD is filled with lots of good extras also, clips that are goldmines.

But the film itself, which was made by their sons, really does a good job showing their relationship with each other as well as with Disney. It's engaging.

http://www.amazon.com/Boys-Sherman-...1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1331128526&sr=1-1

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom